Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,640,960 Views | 62609 Replies | Last: 34 min ago by SoTxAg
WorkBoots09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
La Fours, how'd you like that Santa Fe barleywine? Is it an English or American style? I love me some barleywine and think I can get santa fe's stuff here

Not trying to jump in LaFour's bidness, but I recently went through a Chicken Killer, and it is an English Barleywine aged in bourbon barrels. It's... interesting. I'm not going to buy another, but at least it isn't that expensive. Not even sure how to classify the taste. Just... interesting.
La Fours
AG
Workboots - I don't mind you adding info to the thread on something I was asked about. I picked it up because it was $9 I think at Specs. Not a bad price to try something. And I'm not big on barley wines either.
phillyag92
AG
Love this thread.

Recently had a Cape of Good Hope IPA from Yards Brewing in Philadelphia. Outstanding.

[This message has been edited by phillyag92 (edited 6/9/2013 5:56p).]

[This message has been edited by phillyag92 (edited 6/9/2013 5:57p).]
jetch17
AG
Alaskan brew in my Hawaiian glass

Linz02Ag
AG
Picked up a Southern Star Valkyrie last night
La Fours
AG
I have a Valkyrie in my beer fridge. If it really is the same as last years ProAm then I'll be happy.
streetfighter2012
AG
I thought the proAM was money. Looking forward to picking up some valkyrie in the near future.
The Beer and I
Apparently, Hop Delusion is hitting stores today!
jetch17
AG
Supposed to be same distribution as pontificator and regular hellfighter, so should be relatively easy to find, not like the BBH frenzy
Falcon85
AG
Anyone know where to find Founders KBS in the Metroplex?
jah003
S
quote:
Anyone know where to find Founders KBS in the Metroplex?

Uhh... That's not gonna happen. KBS is long gone, unless the Metroplex is getting a super secret late shipment...
defroach
It will be a great tasting this Saturday.

My parents were visiting some friends in New Hampshire, then cutting over to Detroit to visit other friends. Then they are driving back to New Braunfels. I just happen to live in Austin on their path home.

I arranged for a store in New Hampshire to put me together a couple boxes of all New Hampshire/Vermont/Maine beer. They worked with me on the phone and got a bunch of great stuff.

Now I am working with a store in Detroit for all Michigan beer. Shall be another great two boxes of beer.

I just need them to swing by the Detroit store and pick it up.

All in all, I will have 5 boxes of beer, every beer different, and I have no idea what half of them are (I know what most of the bombers are but never have heard of half of the breweries).

I shall drink some when I get this package.
asf-07
AG
If they're driving thru Cleveland, you should have them pick up some stuff from Great Lakes Brewing Company. YWIA.
defroach
I think they will be done with picking me up beer after they see 2 more boxes in their car.

In fact, I think they will not tell me where they are driving to anymore in fear of me setting more packages up. They seem to have stopped mentioning where they are going after Detroit at this point.

[This message has been edited by defroach (edited 6/10/2013 12:10p).]
BSD
AG
TaaDow!!!

[This message has been edited by Bsd (edited 6/10/2013 12:30p).]
Mustang1
AG
Attn Colorado peeps, staying at the DT Denver Sheraton next week for work. Any recs for dinner & drinking establishments along the 16th St mall?
defroach
Along the mall? I do not know of any (granted, i am not a Denver person). I always seemed to end up at Falling Rock but there may be better places.
BSD
AG
I was in Denver last weekend (stayed at Sheraton, too) and highly recommend taking the short trip to Crooked Stave. Also, Falling Rock Taphouse has some great beers and it is a $6 cab ride from that hotel.
army01
AG
Anyone hear anything about Devil Dancer in Texas?
The Beer and I
Army01, not yet. I'm hoping we get some.
jetch17
AG
Ready to get this yeti filled... Thanks again street fighter for the petrol growler

army01
AG
Those are so bad ass. To bad DFW bar won't do something like that
jkn09
AG
It wouldn't shock me if Craft & Growler did at some point.
defroach
Bought some Austin Beerworks Heavy Machinery Double IPA last night.

I cannot wait to pop one of those open tonight.
La Fours
AG
Any word on if the new beer laws were signed by perry?
jetch17
AG
Drank the sh*t out of some Hop Delusion on tap finally last night at Cedar Creek, and it is delicious
jah003
S
quote:
Any word on if the new beer laws were signed by perry?

I believe the brewers will know by Friday. Or at least that's what I'm hearing on the Jester King thread on Beer Advocate. I'm not sure if he can veto them or not...
The Beer and I
quote:
Drank the sh*t out of some Hop Delusion on tap finally last night at Cedar Creek, and it is delicious

It's really good, but can't believe they are selling it for $9 a bomber, especially while Enjoy By is in the market at a lower price right now.
aggiechris06
AG
quote:
quote:

It's really good, but can't believe they are selling it for $9 a bomber, especially while Enjoy By is in the market at a lower price right now.

Sick of overpriced bombers...this just ensures ill only be drinking this at the brewery or on tap....
maca1028
Heading to Waller tomorrow and need an Heb beer report
62strat
AG
Mustang1, hop on colfax a couple blocks east of capitol to cheeky monk if you like Belgians. And they are half price everday at lunch I believe.
Falling rock is always solid, but check beermapping.com for other beer bars.

Mustang1
AG
Thanks for the suggestions
proudaggie02
AG
quote:
Attn Colorado peeps, staying at the DT Denver Sheraton next week for work. Any recs for dinner & drinking establishments along the 16th St mall?

If you want something really close to the Sheraton, I recommend:

-Ship Tavern at Brown Palace Hotel (3 blocks): great food (burgers, cheesesteak, and desserts are incredible... especially black bottom pie), good bourbon list & a few beers on tap (I think), lots of history, presidents stay in the hotel.
-Trinity Grille (3 blocks): steak sandwich or burger.
-Boney's (4-5 blocks): probably the best BBQ in Denver; I think they now have some local beers on tap. Not sure what time it closes.
-Marlowe's (2 blocks): pretty good food, a few good beers on tap).
-Katie Mullens (1 block): Irish food and pretty good bar/happy hour.
-Yard House (1 block): tons of beer.
-Snarfs (5 blocks): great sandwiches, not sure if open for dinner.

A little farther away, but all on the same block (I'd hit up 2-3 of the places in one evening..... maybe eat at D'Corazon, have beers at Freshcraft, and possibly a marg at Rio)):
-D'Corazon: really good Mexican food; known for pork carnitas, great rice and beans.
-Rio Grande: great/strong margaritas, fajitas and enchiladas are really good.
-Freshcraft: great beer selection.

-Great Divide tap room: cool vibe & some of the best beer in the world; probably 10-12 blocks from Sheraton.
Hub05
AG
Picked these two Cigar City Beers up from the store on the way home from work

This was cold and waiting for me in the fridge
maca1028
Tank 7 Farmhouse tonight
First Page Last Page
Page 231 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.