Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,678,201 Views | 62653 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by SoTxAg
The Collective
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Isn't it like the Lone Star of that region?

It's better than Lone Star... maybe more along the lines of Shiner. I only say that from a quality/regional feel to the product. It's nice to have some here in TX though. It had been several years until a trip a few weeks back.
AggieOO
Better than lone star for sure, but not worth the effort (to me) to seek it out. In a bar, it was on the same level as Budweiser typically.
The Collective
AG
Clearly, it's no Ranger Creek small batch 5
AggieOO
I stopped trying those small batches after the first two. They were terrible.
The Collective
AG
I liked 2 of the 3 I tried at tastings.
jah003
S
Today was my last day of work until another month and a half or so... Some beers will be consumed tonight. I shall report back with what was opened tomorrow.
jetch17
AG
The afternoon consisted of rodeo clown & patron

streetfighter2012
AG
At the Karbach tour had 2 hop delusions, roshambo, and a love street. Plan to finish off the night with a hop stoopid
jetch17
AG
Many thanks to BSD for some Crooked Stave tasties... Enjoying this tonight

The Beer and I
LaFours, Ruby Redbird, really?

Had an Avery The Reverend. Really not that great, especially considering I could've gotten a St Bernardus Abt 12 for a couple more bucks.
khkman22
AG
Had Little Sumpin Sumpin for the first time tonight. One of the best beers I've had.
The Beer and I
Hops and Grains Zoe lives up to the hype. Nice hoppy and refreshing lager for the summertime.
Jock 07
AG
Santa Fe, how'd you like that Santa Fe barleywine? Is it an English or American style? I love me some barleywine and think I can get santa fe's stuff here
Jock 07
AG
La Fours, how'd you like that Santa Fe barleywine? Is it an English or American style? I love me some barleywine and think I can get santa fe's stuff here
Jock 07
AG
La Fours, how'd you like that Santa Fe barleywine? Is it an English or American style? I love me some barleywine and think I can get santa fe's stuff here
asf-07
AG
the dreaded trippel post
Sazerac
AG
bravo
army01
AG
Tonight's beverage....

I continue to be unimpressed with Harpoon, other than the Boston Irish Stout. One day, I'll stop buying their beer...
La Fours
AG
The Beer and I - I love ruby redbird. I know it's not for everyone.

Jock - I haven't opened it yet. So I'm not sure how it is.
big-ag
AG
My favorite Harpoon offerings are their dunkel (they call it Dark) and their Octoberfest. The rest are a mixed bag.
jah003
S
Didn't really open anything special last night as nobody was really interested in sharing a bomber (stupid wine drinkers). I did, however open up a Samuel smiths organic chocolate stout. It pretty much tasted like chocolate milk... I was a fan. It would make a great "desert" beer.
The Beer and I
LaFours, I was just kidding. There are plenty of beers I like that others don't. Like I tell my friends, just drink what you like, when you like it!
BSD
AG
quote:
Many thanks to BSD for some Crooked Stave tasties... Enjoying this tonight

Talmbout.
Ags #1
AG
Tried old Rasputin for the first time. Really enjoyed it
army01
AG
quote:
Didn't really open anything special last night as nobody was really interested in sharing a bomber (stupid wine drinkers). I did, however open up a Samuel smiths organic chocolate stout. It pretty much tasted like chocolate milk... I was a fan. It would make a great "desert" beer.

What is this sharing a bomber you speak of?
Hub05
AG
Any Colorado guys going to the Avery Brewing release of Momi Hiwa: Barrel-Aged Coconut Porter?

The description of the beer sounds great and is reported 17%ABV
MADDUD
Boulevard Tank 7
jetch17
AG
quote:

jah003
S
quote:
quote:

I'm just a generous guy...
jetch17
AG
Starting the evening with this out of sheer curiosity

jetch17
AG
This is more like it

BSD
AG
Me so jealous!
maca1028
Got an Ommegang Hennepin and a Roshambo waiting in the refrigerator
army01
AG
Drank a Stone Espresso Russian Stout last night. Good beer, but drank it in about 15 minutes because I thought the evening was about to get, um, interesting.

At the end of the night, at least I had a tasty beer.
jah003
S
Finally got to open some quality stuff last night... (I found some friends) Sorry for the crappy picture... Iphone pics tend to drop off in quality the more you've consumed.

Really, really impressed by The Abyss. If you've got one laying around it might be worth it to pop open. Although, it was still a tad boozy. I think it'll be even more amazing in about 6 months.

Salt Lick is still one my favorite JK beers, so that was a solid choice as always.

First time having the 10. Can't really thing of a better Belgian I've had. Just an impressive beer... and easy to find!

Best part of the night... going 4-1 in darts.
First Page Last Page
Page 230 of 1791

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.