Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,654,275 Views | 62635 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by swampstander
corndog04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I **** you not, it tasted good. Surprisingly little duckiness.
maca1028
quote:
The HEB in Fairfield(Mason Rd.) has a better beer selection. Really haven't been to the barker cypress HEB in a long time but its selection was not as good back in the day as the Fairfield one is.

Thanks, I'll check it out, hoping to come across some Firestone and BBH
jetch17
AG
Highly unlikely...
62strat
AG
quote:
Meat in the boil sounds nasty
I dont know, I've contemplated several times throwing a ribye and worchestershire sauce in a boil. I like steak and I like beer, why not make a steak beer?
AggieOO
I like ketchup, and I like ice cream. Doesn't mean its a good idea to mix them.
The Beer and I
quote:
quote:
The HEB in Fairfield(Mason Rd.) has a better beer selection. Really haven't been to the barker cypress HEB in a long time but its selection was not as good back in the day as the Fairfield one is.

Thanks, I'll check it out, hoping to come across some Firestone and BBH

As far as I know, Firestone Walker won't be available in Houston until August, so don't get your hopes up. But I have heard the selection at Fairfield is very good, so I'm sure you'll find something good.
62strat
AG
quote:
I like ketchup, and I like ice cream. Doesn't mean its a good idea to mix them.

Very different.. you don't eat ice cream and ketchup in the same meal. So no reason to mix them.

However, I drink beer when I eat steak.
AggieOO
Plenty of things you eat in the same meal that you might not want mix. You know what I was getting at.
62strat
AG
I'm sure a lot of people said that about stouts and chocolate, or coffee, or light ales and strawberries or apricots..

Never know until you try!
army01
AG
Stouts and ice cream
gordo97
AG
for all the katy hoodrats......

Whole Foods Market

Grab a beer and take the glass with you! Join our Katy store this Thursday night for "Keep the Pint" night. Guests will receive a glass of Sierra Nevada's Hoptimum, served in the first ever, 19.7oz Sierra Nevada IPA glass. This glass was crafted by Speigelau, a world renowned glassware manufacturer, and created specifically to amplify and balance the IPA's aroma and flavors.
aggiechris06
AG
Any idea where I might be able to buy one of those glasses here in houston if I can't make it to Katy?? See em online but would rather avoid shipping
jetch17
AG
Saucer gives them away on glassware nights sometimes
True Anomaly
AG
Philly is currently undergoing their citywide Beer Week, and the most interesting offering I've had so far is actually not beer, but beer mixed with ice cream, courtesy of the Franklin Fountain. Specifically, Dogfish Head Midas Touch mixed with homemade pistachio ice cream and a hint of rose syrup- they called it "Midas Rose Pistachio". It wasn't too bad!
The Beer and I
Having my Firestone Walker Wookey Jack, man these guys can't get to Houston fast enough.
AggieOO
Heavy machinery from Austin beerworks.

Black IPA in a silver can...go spurs go!
streetfighter2012
AG
Lips of Faith Cascara Quad for me tonight.
La Fours
AG
I finally bought a Hopadillo Negro. And it is really good.
army01
AG
Taking a break from beer...having some Moontangs tonight
62strat
AG
quote:
Stouts and ice cream

Had a lips of faith imperial coffee chocolate stout and vanilla ice cream float memorial day weekend. Damn that's good.
BSD
AG
For post #8000, I am not going to post some rare beer that is blended with a rare coffee bean that a five-ass monkey shat into a rainbow, but I will just ask that everyone enjoy life to the fullest each and everyday.  Hug your kids.  Kiss your wife.  Call an old friend. Open that rare bottle of beer if you want it before your birthday because every day is a special occasion.  Life is beautiful, people, enjoy every second of it.

Cheers,
BSD
Stoli7
I must find that beer u speak of, BSD!
La Fours
AG
Just saw on bookface that Obannons is tapping a keg of 2012 DFH 120 tonight at 7. Looks like I'll be heading up there tonight.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
BSD talking some real OG ****.
The Beer and I
BSD, I don't know about that beer, is it barrel aged?
La Fours
AG
I think Jester King makes the beer BSD described.
streetfighter2012
AG
Heading out to Karbach tonight. I haven't been out there in a few months, and want to see if the evening tours are any different than the Saturday afternoon ones. Come on out if you're looking for something to do this evening.
big-ag
AG
Had my first Hoptimum last night. Very tasty. Definitely a sipper.
La Fours
AG
I got all excited seeing Hop Henge on the shelf at Specs today. Only to get disappointed when I saw the best by date was 04/05/13.
The Collective
AG
I just returned from the east coast, and I had to pick up a few cases of this:

And quite a bit of this:

Oh, how I miss thee Florida, but now I have a stash for SEC football.
La Fours
AG
I picked up a bottle of Kicken Chicken by Sante Fe Brewing. It's their bourbon barrel aged Barelywine and a 6 pack of Deschutes River Ale. I also picked up yesterday a 12 pack of Shiner Ruby Redbird, another bottle of BBA Hellfighter, and the Hopadillo Negro I drank last night.

There are still lots of bottles of BBA Hellfighter in CS at Specs and the Towerpoint HEB.
army01
AG
quote:
For post #8000, I am not going to post some rare beer that is blended with a rare coffee bean that a five-ass monkey shat into a rainbow, but I will just ask that everyone enjoy life to the fullest each and everyday.  Hug your kids.  Kiss your wife.  Call an old friend. Open that rare bottle of beer if you want it before your birthday because every day is a special occasion.  Life is beautiful, people, enjoy every second of it.

Cheers,
BSD

AggieOO
Drank plenty of yeungling when I lived in nyc bc it was usually on special. That said, its nothing special.
dave99ag
AG
Isn't it like the Lone Star of that region?
La Fours
AG
Dave, kind of. But I'd say it is a higher quality product than Lone Star.
First Page Last Page
Page 229 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.