Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,642,074 Views | 62609 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by SoTxAg
Vernada
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
Got my first issue of BeerAdvocate magazine.

Did you see this in it? http://www.breathometer.com/

Yes! Pretty sweet.
jetch17
AG
quote:
quote:
Beer party on BSD!

I'm out walking the earth this month but when I get back in the swing of things, I'm going to have to do that. I'm thinking a 2 Live Crew style pool party with some booty popping females and tons of good brews. All I need is a pool... and some big juice booty badonkadonk *****s.

DonaldFDraper
AG
quote:

quote:
Beer party on BSD!

I'm out walking the earth this month but when I get back in the swing of things, I'm going to have to do that. I'm thinking a 2 Live Crew style pool party with some booty popping females and tons of good brews. All I need is a pool... and some big juice booty badonkadonk *****s.

[This message has been edited by ShockEmAgs (edited 5/10/2013 8:54a).]
DonaldFDraper
AG
Army01...

1. Happy Birthday
2. Central Market in Fort Worth has KBS?
army01
AG
They did, but sold out on Wednesday. Specs on Hulen had some yesterday, but has since sold out. Total Wine on Hulen is getting some in this morning.
62strat
AG
Damn I haven't been on in a while. Busy at work and in the middle of moving!

Got to enjoy one of these:
Karbach Roshambe

As well as the negro hopadillo and real ale sisyphus.

That's all I got for now.
Vernada
AG
Burton Baton with my curry for lunch.
DonaldFDraper
AG
quote:
They did, but sold out on Wednesday. Specs on Hulen had some yesterday, but has since sold out. Total Wine on Hulen is getting some in this morning

Price?
army01
AG
$6 each
aggiechris06
AG
Anyone get any hop delusion yet??
Two Down
AG
Take this with a grain of salt, but I was just told by a Midtown specs employee that they wouldn't be getting any today and that it hadn't even been bottled yet. Hopefully y'all do better than I did.
jh0400
AG
It's supposed to be out on in kegs today and bottled later.
WorkBoots09
AG
I would love to have the beer budget some of y'all seem to be ok with. At the moment though, I am a lolpoor because the rib is in grad school and we're about to buy our first house on my pinche savings.

That said, I picked up a Wookey Jack, Fin du Monde, Dogma, and Rogness Beardy Guard Amber. I also got a Flensburger Pilsner and a Weizen, but I mainly get them for flip-top bottle for my homebrew. The Weizen was tolerable, but I've had many better. Wookey Jack was very tasty though!
The Beer and I
quote:
I would love to have the beer budget some of y'all seem to be ok with. At the moment though, I am a lolpoor because the rib is in grad school and we're about to buy our first house on my pinche savings.

Sounds like someone needs to get their priorities straight. Or have the wife take out more student loans, it's not like you have to pay those things back.

[This message has been edited by The beer and i (edited 5/10/2013 2:24p).]
AggieOO
My beer budget isn't what I'd like it to be. The woman is doing grad school, so I get to pay all the bills. BUT, the upside is that when she graduates and gets a job, we have an agreement that I can quit my job and take some time off.
Vernada
AG
Lol @ Beer and I

I consider myself lucky that all this terrific and fairly expensive beer was unavailable to my lolpoor self during college.
The Beer and I
The price wouldn't have been a problem in college, I would've just defaulted on more credit cards.

The problem would be that I got piss ass, black out drunk on Bud Light and Lone Star. I probably would've died from alcohol poisoning if I knew about 10% abv beer.

[This message has been edited by The beer and i (edited 5/10/2013 2:43p).]
Vernada
AG
Troof
AggieOO
Yes, thank god I didn't know about high abv beer back then.
WorkBoots09
AG
haha, I would be at the mercy of whatever my brothers would buy me if/when they visited each month. I was freaking 3rd world poor for a while in college. Like ketchup packets for lunch poor. Now I'm poor, but with more things!
TxKng82
AG
Trying some Founder's Double Trouble DIPA and Endurance All Day IPA at Rockwell's right now. Definitely digging hte Double Trouble.

Aslo, Karbach's new Hop Delusion West Coast IPA is fantastic.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
quote:
Yes, thank god I didn't know about high abv beer back then.

This.
txaggie05
AG
Made my first Founders bottle purchase yesterday as well...Double Trouble is good stuff
The Beer and I
Double Trouble. Actually, pretty much all the Founders I've tried so far has been very good. The Texas breweries better step up their product, because the ones available are getting better.
Vernada
AG
It would be nice if we had more Founders options. A scotch ale and 3 IPAs? Even if all the IPAs are good I prefer a little more diversity.
txaggie05
AG
Looking at the Founders release schedule, the Porter is the only bottle that is out right now that I haven't seen in Texas.

http://foundersbrewing.com/?attachment_id=10861
Vernada
AG
I haven't seen Porter, Pale Ale, or Rye.
txaggie05
AG
The Rye is only on tap I believe...and I've seen the Pale Ale in College Station & Austin at HEB. It's says dry-hopped fairly prominently on the packaging...so it may have not stuck out to you since there are so many IPA options.
The Beer and I
I've seen the pale ale in Houston too. The rye is awesome too.
aggiechris06
AG
The Red Rye is great! Only on tap here so far...

Had it last night at Fox & Hound for TWO BUCKS!
DaveHimself
AG
^^Happy for you but this pisses me off about the DFW area. Pints START at $5 at the closest decent beer bar around me. The past few times I have visited my cousin in Austin we go to a place called Pinthouse Pizza. Brewpub with about 4 of their own beers on tap, plus 40 guest taps. Good cheap food and good cheap beer, most everything was $5/pint. Wish we had a place like that around here.
And I do miss $2 pint night Thursday nights in college at Fox & Hound.
Jock 07
AG
When I got to the springs I was excited about living somewhere with a fox & hound again. But this particular locations selection blows. They do have a decent number of taps but they're all filled up with every variation of the big 3 plus shock top blue moon etc. old Chicagos has a much better selection of quality beers. I'd kill for a saucer.
On another note I'm a big fan of the Sisyphus. Really the only real ale product I'll go out of my way to get my hands on
NColoradoAG
Jock, Trinity brewing is a great spot in the Springs. Their beer and food is awesome and they have some great stuff on tap.
tremble
AG
Picked up a Double Trouble and Dirty ******* at Central Market in Houston.

Also bought a Lagunitas Hop Stoopid to go with burger lunch.

[This message has been edited by tremble (edited 5/11/2013 2:14p).]
army01
AG
quote:
Jock, Trinity brewing is a great spot in the Springs. Their beer and food is awesome and they have some great stuff on tap.
First Page Last Page
Page 214 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.