Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,661,499 Views | 62636 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by maca1028
The Beer and I
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Got a little taste of Three Floyd's Dreadnaught today, really good stuff.
NColoradoAG
Currently hanging out at Crooked Stave before hitting some graduation parties. Had Hop Savant, their new 100% brett pale ale. Pretty good overall, but not my favorite. Now drinking St Bretta, a 100% brett wit with Colorado grown tangelos. Freaking awesome.
txag2008
AG
Tasty

tremble
AG
Cracked open a Dirty *******. Not entirely sure how I feel about it. Good stuff but I was expecting something more...

I think the Hop Stoopid I had earlier may be throwing off my taste buds.

Good thing there's another 5 in the pack.
army01
AG
quote:
Cracked open a Dirty *******. Not entirely sure how I feel about it. Good stuff but I was expecting something more...

I'm there with you. I think I'd rather have an Iron Thistle.

My beers for the night:

I need to drink faster. Quickly running out of room
BSD
AG
quote:
Currently hanging out at Crooked Stave before hitting some graduation parties. Had Hop Savant, their new 100% brett pale ale. Pretty good overall, but not my favorite. Now drinking St Bretta, a 100% brett wit with Colorado grown tangelos. Freaking awesome.

That's the good life right there.

I had a Sierra Nevada, which I believe is the first "craft beer" I ever had back in the day.
jah003
S
quote:

I think the Hop Stoopid I had earlier may be throwing off my taste buds.

Good thing there's another 5 in the pack.

Also felt the same way. It was good, but not something I would necessarily seek out in the future.

Spent my afternoon out a Jester King yesterday. Always a great time. Drove home and stopped by the Twin Liquors in Bee Cave. Holy Jester King mother load Batman! Snagged a Funk Metal and another Salt Lick.
The Beer and I
Had a New Belgium La Folie at Whole Foods today. It was ok, I'm not too sure about sours yet. I think I need a little more research and test subjects.
Vernada
AG
I had some Hazelnut Brown Nectar by Rogue Ales last night. Delicious.
AggieOO
Anderson Valley Summer Solstice (Cream Ale) is a damn fine beer. DELICIOUS.
NColoradoAG
7500 replies!

I had some Odell St. Lupulin while planting flowers today.

Gonna drink a Central Waters Bourbon Barrel Barleywine during Game of Thrones.
BSD
AG
quote:
Spent my afternoon out a Jester King yesterday. Always a great time. Drove home and stopped by the Twin Liquors in Bee Cave. Holy Jester King mother load Batman! Snagged a Funk Metal and another Salt Lick.

I'm hoping to visit Jester King that first full weekend in June when I visit family in San Marcos. Can't wait!

Did anyone go to Ananke Day at Freetail yesterday?
BSD
AG
quote:
Got a little taste of Three Floyd's Dreadnaught today, really good stuff.

That's my second favorite DIPA.
The Beer and I
BSD,
It was awesome, too bad I only got about 6 oz. What's your favorite?
Vernada
AG
Karbach 005 hitting the shelves tomorrow!! Another bourbon barrel porter.

Edit: stupid auto correct.

[This message has been edited by Vernada (edited 5/12/2013 9:36p).]
jetch17
AG
I need another bottle or 2 of BBH... If anyone grabs any extra, I'm out of town, I'd gladly pay you plus some bonus brews
tremble
AG
Thanks for the heads up.
BSD
AG
My first offering from Maui Brewing Co.:

jetch17
AG
Are they can only on the islands, too? Figured they may keg it over there like Kona does
wessimo
AG
Man I love me some BBA Hellfighter. Too bad I have a day job. BTW how the heck do the people who dont have day jobs afford these special releases??
DonaldFDraper
AG
Finally grabbed some Founder's (Centennial IPA, Double Trouble, and Dirty *******) this weekend and the NB Rampant DIPA. All were good. I really liked the Double Trouble.
wessimo
AG
Wasnt crazy about rampant at first but it is growing on me. Cant beat $7-8 for a 6er of a DIPA.
jah003
S
Parabola is starting to hit Austin. Heard 60 cases (so, as limited as the Abyss). Think I'll begin the search today after work.
BSD
AG
quote:
Are they can only on the islands, too? Figured they may keg it over there like Kona does

I havent hit the brewpub yet to ask about distribution but I believe they can beers here for the islands and then contract brew with someone on the mainland for distribution there. Or was that Kona??? I'll figure it out today or tomorrow.
62strat
AG
quote:
Wish we had a place like that around here.
And I do miss $2 pint night Thursday nights in college at Fox & Hound.

All Fox and hounds as far as I know are $2 for any beer on tuesdays. I wanna say it went up to $2.50 recently for the craft though.

quote:
When I got to the springs I was excited about living somewhere with a fox & hound again. But this particular locations selection blows.

Seems most F/Hs are like this. They have 40 taps with 80% being some sort of macro variety. The one by me in park meadows has maybe half a dozen real craft brews, like dechutes or odells.

But down in the springs you have Bj's. They've got their own great beer, plus loads of craft in bottle and a nice belgian selection in bottle as well.
wessimo
AG
Which one of you is HopAG on BA? I'm jealous of your BBA Hellfighter score.

[This message has been edited by wessimo (edited 5/13/2013 12:44p).]
jetch17
AG
BSD, Kona is keg only on draught on the islands, all bottles/cans distributed in mainland are contracted through rewrites on the west & east coasts

Was just curious if Maui canned everything there and shipped, or if they have mainland contracts, as well
txag2008
AG
Just returned from California, looked for some RRBC without any luck. Stopped by several Whole Foods in San Jose area yesterday morning that showed to be distributor locations from the RRBC website but came back emptyhanded. Had to catch an early flight so going to any liquor stores wasn't an option that time of day.

I was able to pick up a few bombers of some local brews though (I realize Lagunitas is available pretty well anywhere...)

The Beer and I
Specs off 290 and Jones has a case of BBA Hellfighter. Sorry Jetch, limit one.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Drank a Bishop's Barrel #3 at lunch. Was a bad idea. About to pass out at my desk.
jetch17
AG
Was it any good? Or a dud?
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Pretty good. If you've had BB1, they're pretty similar. Imperial stout brewed with molasses. Waaaaay boozy right now though. Needs to sit.
BSD
AG
quote:
BSD,
It was awesome, too bad I only got about 6 oz. What's your favorite?

Pliny the Elder is my favorite. Dreadnaught is a very close second and one night I think I actually had them tied. Both are world class.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Where are you staying in Maui?
WorkBoots09
AG
Picked up some Double Trouble, 3-Bean, and a Bridgeport IPA this weekend. The Bridgeport was a surprise. I liked it a lot. It has a good amount of flavor, and finishes almost crisp. Easily a sessionable beer.

Double Trouble was my first Founders, and while I thought it was great, it's not my favorite IIPA ever. I may get blasted for this, but Rampant has won me over in that category.

I've been meaning to try the 3-bean for a while, and it definitely lived up to the hype! Awesome.

Has anyone seen any Martin House for sale at local markets in DFW? I know they just started their tours, but I was wondering if I had to find it in a bar or if I could enjoy from the comfort of la casa.
First Page Last Page
Page 215 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.