Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,677,312 Views | 62649 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by steve00
K Bo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
From where did you cop the Dissident?
La Fours
AG
AggieOO posted he scored one at Hamrick's in Cedar Park a couple of weeks ago. So I asked a good buddy of mine who lives near there to swing by and pick one up for me. I couldn't believe it. I really figured any Dissident that made it to Texas would be long gone by now.
K Bo
AG
luckkyy
La Fours
AG
I know. Now the tough choice is to age it or drink it? I'm leaning toward aging it to at least the best after date on the bottle, which is in August. So maybe I'll save for a celebratory drink after we beat Bama at home in September.
K Bo
AG
That sounds like a perfect plan. I may do a celebratory vertical chug of my '10, '11, '12 Abyss on Sep 14th.
JimShorts
AG
La Fours
AG
Jim, do you have some of that? Looks delicious.
62strat
AG
i have a 4 pack of that in my fridge right now. gotta get some chocolate to go with it.
JimShorts
AG
La Fours, I do have some and it is great.
Mustang1
AG
Spec's on Weslayan S of 59 has sucks if anyone is looking
BSD
AG
quote:
Apparently HEB Bunker Hill already received and sold out of Abyss and Old Rasputin.

I take that back. BA Old Rasputin should be there next week.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Lagunita Sucks on draft at Square Burger in Mckinney
K Bo
AG
Was at Hay Merchant and my waiter saw my Pliny keychain ... Said they had a couple bottles in the back they were drinking ... He brought out a small glass for me to have. It had aged a bit but was still incredible. I love Pliny.
AggieOO
nice little haul tonight

Green Fairy
AG
Is that DFH Immort Ale? I didn't realize it only came in 12oz bottles. I had it on draft at Whole Foods back in August....it's interesting....not sure I could do more than a couple bottles.

Picked up a BA Old Rasputin today at the Wesleyan Specs thanks to the earlier heads up on here. They still had 4 others at 12:00pm today when I grabbed mine.

Drinking a Ranger Creek Small Batch #1 tonight...seems to have gotten better with age than what I remember when I had it back in April/May-ish.
AggieOO
small batch #1 was terrible. #2 was way worse.

i stopped buying after trying those. unfortunately, i still have a bottle of each.
Green Fairy
AG
Yeah, 2 was foul. I missed 3, and 4 was OK. I'm not disliking the 1 tonight, but it could be the two buckets of Lone Star I split late this afternoon with a buddy talking. On a related note Lone Star bock is the definition of foul. If you like regular Lone Star with caramel color/flavor it is the ****-water for you.

[This message has been edited by Green Fairy (edited 2/8/2013 8:42p).]
aggiejz
AG
Thanks to y'all I just grabbed some Sucks and a bottle of the BA Old Rasputin at Spec's Weslayan. Also grabbed a bottle of DFH 75 minute cuz I've never tried it and was curious.
Green Fairy
AG
Huh, I missed the 75 min when I was there today. Maybe they hadn't put it out. I did pick one of those up last weekend at the Bastrop Spec's of all places....that's one upside of having to vist the mother in law.

Anyone had much of the Rogness stuff out of Pflugerville? I grabbed their scotch ale and spiced amber at the Bastrop Specs too. The scotch ale tasted like Shiner Smokhaus on steroids. It was the smokiest damn thing I've ever had, and not in a good way. I haven't tried the other yet.

[This message has been edited by Green Fairy (edited 2/8/2013 9:07p).]
K Bo
AG
Too much Sucks and Maharaja at Hay Merchant chased by a Maharaja at home.
jetch17
AG
quote:
Too much Sucks and Maharaja at Hay Merchant chased by a Maharaja at home.

I did the same thing at HM Wednesday night. Sucks & maharaja on tap were tasty, I also had 3 or 4 others that escape me now
Jock 07
AG
Last nights offering. Pretty good English style barley wine and it was only 8 bucks for a 4 pack

[This message has been edited by Jock 07 (edited 2/9/2013 12:11p).]
AggieOO
Re: Rogness

I tried their Yogi and thought it was terrible, so did my gf who actually likes chai. I bought a bottle of the Scotch, but haven't tried it yet. Your description doesn't make me very excited. If this one isn't very good, I likely won't buy any more of their beers.
BSD
AG
Now we're talking

BSD
AG
Dayumn!!!

NColoradoAG
Very nice. Can't wait to get my hands on some black note. Where you at?
BSD
AG
Porter Beer Bar in ATL. Coming back Tuesday for Cantillion classic gueze.

Black Note is awesome. Tried to financially entice the bartender to get a few out but no dice.
NColoradoAG
Nice. Any Cantillon is good stuff.

I've been picking up a couple bottles of the latest crooked stave releases for you. Sounds like the first cellar reserve release will still be towards the end of march. Chad made it sound very unlikely that there will be any extra Persica for purchase, But the yield is still unknown.
BSD
AG
That's awesome, I appreciate you doing that for me.  If there is any extra Persica, you know I'm in.  If you need anything from my end, please let me know.  I'm really hoping to get up there this summer or fall to taste (my polite way of saying getting ****ed up) and if Chad does a member's event, I'm certainly there!  I'll need a tour guide though...
jah003
S
My monthly trip to Sunrise in Austin (my beer budget is a lot tighter than it used to be...):

I thought long and hard about picking up a bottle of BA Rasputin and Boxer's, but just couldn't justify the price for either at the moment.
jkotinek
AG
BSD - just finished a six pack of Bell's Oberon Ale that a friend sent from Kalamazoo.
La Fours
AG
I picked up a bottle of Rogness Gigantophis. Their DIPA. It was pretty good.
BSD
AG
quote:
BSD - just finished a six pack of Bell's Oberon Ale that a friend sent from Kalamazoo.

Nice. I have some Hopslam I'm bringing home along with some Two Hearted. I'm not sure what else I'll bring back but Oberon might be nice to try. Maybe some founders breakfast stout, too.
62strat
AG
damn this was a good saison here. Would def. buy again.

sixiron
AG
quote:
I have some Hopslam I'm bringing home along with some Two Hearted.

Jealous. Two Hearted is my favorite. I would get it on tap at a good pizza place when I lived in Indiana. Too bad it's not here in TX.
First Page Last Page
Page 173 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.