Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,676,692 Views | 62649 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by steve00
La Fours
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What style is the 3 Beans from Six Point? I really liked their Resin. That was damn good.
gordo97
AG
a buddy of mine just returned from ATL and brought me back 12 Innis & Gunn ales.... some original oak aged & some rum cask aged...... whooooo-hooooooo!!!!!!!

TxKng82
AG
La fours-3 beans is supposed to be an Imperial Porter. Haven't had it yet but been wanting to try it.
Ronihead09
Ronihead09
jetch17
AG
some varitable tasties to try while in Wichita, KS this week. Some sampling from Tallgrass & Odell

jetch17
AG
OO, did you say it was Buffalo Sweat or Moose Drool that tasted like ass? I guess ill find out with this Vanilla seasonal Buffalo.... dude at Goebels seemed keen on it.

i think ive had the regular sweat a while back, but dont recall what i thought.
Jock 07
AG
Not to speak for OO but I personally think moose drool tastes like ****. As for the tallgrass, the oasis was the only decent DIPA I had access to when I lived in ND. It was pretty good
BSD
AG
quote:
some varitable tasties to try while in Wichita, KS this week. Some sampling from Tallgrass & Odell

Nice!

Think you can sneak back those two Odell's in a suitcase?
jetch17
AG
theres plenty more of those where that came from.... Odells flows like water here in KS. Ill try and pull some back with me, or just ship some back. I may have to talk to you later in the week about shipping strategy.
NColoradoAG
8 bit, yum. Me rikey garaxy hops.
jetch17
AG
me rikey, as well. (not proper glassware, but its all my hotel room had so BACK OFF!)

streetfighter2012
AG
Jetch- If you have any extra room I'd gladly help with the cost of shipping if a couple of bottles of Odell's had my name on it.
jetch17
AG
yall geared more toward the myrcenary (my favorite) or the choc milk stout? i was thinking shipping a half/half ... if yall want more of either i can try that.

they also have additional Odell brews. Im going back to Goebel's in Wichita later in the week and will get a feel for what they have.
jetch17
AG
Doin a little Myrcenary on tap this evening, as well

Green Fairy
jetch17
AG
nice.

wessimo
AG
Dragons milk followed by a Burton Baton. Burton not quite living up to the hype... hops are a bit muted.
BSD
AG
And Jetch thought Wichita was a ****hole...Ok, maybe it is but he's doing it right!
BSD
AG
Brought some west coast hops for my east coast players.  (my clients are loving this stuff!)

wessimo
AG
Boom
jetch17
aggiejz
AG
Excellent. Have 1 I'm gonna crack open this week. Also have 2 that have spadilly's name written on 'em.
NColoradoAG
Jetch, you might come across a bomber of Odell's latest reserve release if you're there till the end of the week (or going back).

It's called Amuste. It's a wine barrel aged imperial porter with Malbec grapes added. I haven't tried it yet, but those releases are usually worth it to try.
jetch17
AG
ill keep an eye out
fav13andac1)c
AG

First create your own 6-pack from Kroger.

Blonde was good, negra modelo was good, but Wild Blue was just weird. Kind of like drinking a juice box mixed with a mediocre beer with quite a bit of carbonation and a high alcohol content. Would not have again.

Waiting on the guiness.
La Fours
AG
quote:
Dragons milk followed by a Burton Baton. Burton not quite living up to the hype... hops are a bit muted.

That's a result of the barrel aging. I am a big fan of the oak flavors in it.
La Fours
AG
quote:
yall geared more toward the myrcenary (my favorite) or the choc milk stout? i was thinking shipping a half/half ... if yall want more of either i can try that.

they also have additional Odell brews. Im going back to Goebel's in Wichita later in the week and will get a feel for what they have.

I'd be interested in a bottle or two of each.
cpscAG06
AG
I have a 5 year old Burton Baton that I will be cracking open soon. I will let yall know how it tastes.
Two Down
AG
quote:
quote:

quote:

I'd be interested in a bottle or two of each.

DITTO. Plus Jetch I think I still owe you a Beaut, if memory serves.
jkotinek
AG
Late with the update, but I had a couple of Mephistopheles (sp?) (half-pints) at O'Bannon's last Wednesday.

Anyone else tried this?

Belay my last...it was last Friday. So good I thought I'd had it two days earlier...

[This message has been edited by jkotinek (edited 2/12/2013 2:02p).]
dave99ag
AG
Had a bottle of Mephistopheles this weekend. It was quite sweet, but went down easy. The next day was a bit rough though. Granted I also went through bottles of Hellfighter, Burton Baton, Boulevard Double Wide IPA, and RU-55.
La Fours
AG
I scored another Abyss from the HEB at Holleman and Texas. Tower Point HEB got a case today as well. And supposedly Specs will get some more today.
BSD
AG
Nice. I was able to get one Abyss in Houston (mine was from Cali a few weeks ago).
BSD
AG
You guys were right, this is good.

First Page Last Page
Page 174 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.