Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,641,306 Views | 62609 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by SoTxAg
jetch17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Actually looking forward to my business trip to sharty Wichita next week because of Myrcenary on tap to enjoy
La Fours
AG
Dis is good.

jetch17
Green Fairy
AG
I had some RU-55 in hand at a central market in Austin this weekend, and changed my mind. Guess I should have pulled the trigger on it.
La Fours
AG
Definitely go back and grab one.
62strat
AG
Jock, I'm sure in previous years GABF sat afternoon was less crowded, but I think so many have caught on now I doubt it is. I went sat afternoon 2012 it was pretty damn crowded. Line was around the entire building.
dave99ag
AG
I really need to revisit the Jester King beers. I somewhat wrote them off after a major distaste for their Le Petit Prince.
BQ08
AG
Glad to see that RU-55 is getting some love.
BSD
AG
Is RU-55 widely available?

On another note, my liver hates me today.
jetch17
AG
Haven't heard of any RU55 in Houston yet...
streetfighter2012
AG
I think D&Q had some ru last week
army01
AG
Is Noble Rot worth the $15?
La Fours
AG
I think it is only readily available in Austin. The only reason I got it here is because the manager at washbangers drove to Austin to pick it up.
dave99ag
AG
I saw RU-55 at Hubbell & Hudson in The Woodlands this evening. Sours aren't my thing though, so I passed.
AggieOO
I've seen the RU all over austin, but can't bring myself to pull the trigger. Never really buy JK b/c the alcohol to $ value always seems to be really low.

i'm downing some new glarus stuff tonight. celebrating this week and then I gotta cut back the beer consumption.
jah003
S
I usually don't pick up anything Jester King wise either. (Did get a RU-55 though) Lately... It seems I'm physically going to jester king for a tour/tasting every month or so. I know it costs me more in the long run, but 10 bucks for 6-ish tastings seems a lot more reasonable at the time.
Coy94
AG
Finally home and eating a late dinner. Enjoying it with a Maharaja. First time drinking this big beer. Didn't see that it was over 10% abv before I opened it! Oops

Coy94
La Fours
AG
dave99ag
AG
CS Specs? You on a list?
La Fours
AG
Yes, CS Specs. No list. I just know the beer manager from being in there so often. It just arrived about an hour ago. You should still be able to get one if you hurry. My friend told me he is expecting more next week as well.
dave99ag
AG
I think I'll just have to go by there then.
dave99ag
AG
There are 3 bottles left at the CS specs. Thanks for the tip, La Fours.
jh0400
AG
quote:
Saint Arnold Brewing Company
Bishop's Barrel 2 is in the bright tank and almost ready to be bottled. Think tart, oak, dry, funk and cherry.

Is SA attempting a barrel aged sour?
CollinAB
AG
Just snagged the last Abyss at the CS Spec's. They also have Barrel-Aged Rasputin. Said they'd be getting more Abyss around 11:00-12:00 on Tuesday.
jh0400
AG
quote:
Haven't heard of any RU55 in Houston yet...

Midtown Specs has it.
62strat
AG
quote:
quote:
Saint Arnold Brewing Company
Bishop's Barrel 2 is in the bright tank and almost ready to be bottled. Think tart, oak, dry, funk and cherry.

Is SA attempting a barrel aged sour?

Where does the barrel aging come into play if the beer is in the bright tank and about to be bottled?

Kidding aside, website says 'Old Ale in Chardonnay Barrels with Cherries.... On December 3, 2011, we filled the barrels with our Christmas Ale. We then added sour cherries to the barrels and put them up in our barrel room where they rested, fermented, aged and developed for the next 14 months.'

[This message has been edited by 62strat (edited 2/7/2013 6:26p).]
Green Fairy
AG
quote:
Just snagged the last Abyss at the CS Spec's. They also have Barrel-Aged Rasputin

Hit up D&Q today on the off chance he would have either or both of those. He said he got one case of The Abyss(a week or so ago that is long gone) and no BA Rasputin. Looks like I'm out of luck.

[This message has been edited by Green Fairy (edited 2/7/2013 7:09p).]
K Bo
AG
Spec's on Weslayan S of 59 had BA Raspy. When I left there were 5 on the shelf.
dave99ag
AG
I picked up a bottle of BA Old Rasputin last week. No trying to decide if I want to age it. Normally I get one to drink and one to age, but only got one bottle. It's not cheap.
streetfighter2012
AG
Finishing off my last couple of SS ProAMs tonight while watching the basketball game.
aggiejz
AG
Drinking a Maharaja tonight for the first time. Solid.

Also checked out the Montrose Growlers store on Waugh, not too bad. Cool employees, pretty decent selection of options for growlers and quite a few bottles and cans in fridges too. Love that growlers are attempting to catch on down here, just wish TABC laws didn't suck and breweries could sell em themselves.
Green Fairy
AG
quote:
Spec's on Weslayan S of 59 had BA Raspy. When I left there were 5 on the shelf.

Good to know. I'll give them a try tomorrow. I almost stopped by there today...guess I should have.
CollinAB
AG
quote:
I picked up a bottle of BA Old Rasputin last week. No trying to decide if I want to age it. Normally I get one to drink and one to age, but only got one bottle. It's not cheap.

I know what you mean. I basically killed my beer budget for the weekend today grabbing this and The Abyss.
BSD
AG
Apparently HEB Bunker Hill already received and sold out of Abyss and Old Rasputin.
La Fours
AG
What's up beeches?!? I'm here to party.

First Page Last Page
Page 172 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.