Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,675,410 Views | 62647 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by maca1028
K Bo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Jock, whered you grab the Utopias? A friend of mine got some a couple years ago and it was a great sipper.
Jock 07
AG
Found it at a bevmo in Camarillo, the only other location that had one in the area was the universial city location. After seeing the post last week about the tasting I figured I'd try and find one here. Always have wanted to snag a bottle. Thinking about holding onto it and buying next years vintage and then break this one open then.
Jock 07
AG
And if anyone's interested I think they ship.
Ronihead09
BSD
AG
Hmmm, which should I take down first?

aggiejz
AG
Other than the Younger? I'd go to the other board - Damnation, Consecration, Rejection.

[This message has been edited by Aggiejz (edited 2/4/2013 6:35p).]
BSD
AG
Nah, I'll do the whole thing.

aggiejz
AG
Good choice, we did that too. I couldn't believe how many beers they had on tap. Enjoy!
Jock 07
AG
Like a baws
La Fours
AG
I scored a bottle of RU-55 today. Looking forward to opening it up.
jetch17
AG
quote:
Nah, I'll do the whole thing.

Jock 07
AG
It does suck being relatively close to there and not being able to make it up for the release

[This message has been edited by Jock 07 (edited 2/4/2013 7:01p).]
BSD
AG
Call in sick tomorrow, Jock. Tomorrow is our balls-out day.
BSD
AG
Obligatory:  I wanna put my dick in it!

aggiejz
AG
Pliny.
jetch17
AG
quote:
Obligatory:  I wanna put my dick in it!

La Fours
AG
Never gets old.
Jock 07
AG
I wish I could just call in sick.

For folks who've been, Tell me all I need to know about the GABF. I'm going to be living in the springs and want to try and hit this up this year. I think i remember NColorado telling me something about joining some association in order for a better shot at tickets. Where do I need to stay, what day should I go, etc?

[This message has been edited by Jock 07 (edited 2/4/2013 9:42p).]
aggiejz
AG
I'm interested in that as well, actually. Have some friends in Denver and have heard that GABF is awesome.
army01
AG
Tonight's cleanout beer...

Damn!
62strat
AG
quote:

For folks who've been, Tell me all I need to know about the GABF. I'm going to be living in the springs and want to try and hit this up this year. I think i remember NColorado telling me something about joining some association in order for a better shot at tickets. Where do I need to stay, what day should I go, etc?

Well, to start, sell out times have gone, in just a couple years, from several weeks, to several days, to 2012 just a couple of minutes.
So absolutely do not wait to buy.
If you are a member one of two organizations you can get early access to tickets and also tickets to the member's only sat afternoon session. Though the organizations are supposed to be either for homebrewers or commercial brewers.. I don't know that I agree with joe schmo nonhomebrewer buying a membership just to get early tickets and sat. afternoon tickets to GABF, as that is obviously not the purpose of the membership. You can get tickets to the other 3 sessions if you hop on at 10am on the for sale date.

A trend now (and possibly attributing to sell out times) is buying tickets to all sessions, and selling the days you don't go. You'll basically make your money back and then some to go for free.

Best bet would be to drive to a rail stop in south denver and ride in to avoid dealing with parking in town. Grab a hotel around your rail stop as well as you will be drunk.
62strat
AG
anybody see this? Person with Duff distributing murdered in his home.

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/hairballs/2013/02/ash_rowell_muder_beer.php
aggiejz
AG
Yeah, really sad stuff there. Pretty big part of the Houston craft beer scene, and everyone had nothing but good things to say about him.
CajunAggie
AG
WTF

Thoughts and prayers for him and his family.
BSD
AG
I read about the Duff founder. Very sad.
NColoradoAG
quote:
If you are a member one of two organizations you can get early access to tickets and also tickets to the member's only sat afternoon session. Though the organizations are supposed to be either for homebrewers or commercial brewers.. I don't know that I agree with joe schmo nonhomebrewer buying a membership just to get early tickets and sat. afternoon tickets to GABF, as that is obviously not the purpose of the membership. You can get tickets to the other 3 sessions if you hop on at 10am on the for sale date.

I don't brew, but have been an AHA member for years. GABF is only a small perk. The biggest perks are the discounts at breweries and bars.

It is nice, though, being able to buy tickets early and have acces to the members session. The best way to do GABF is Thursday night session, tappings or rare beer fest on Friday, and members only session Saturday.
BSD
AG
Just talked to my good friend who is considering entering a beer into GABF. Looks like I may be going this year!
BSD
AG
One of life's tougher decisions, Westy 12 or Pliny the Younger.

jetch17
AG
Lordy
BSD
AG
Life is good, Jetch, life is good. Too bad I'm too ****ed up to remember any of it.
jetch17
BSD
AG
My last beer for the trip...Supplication.

Jock 07
AG
So is the sat session less crowded then?
Jock 07
AG
Picked up another sixer of sucks tonight

Green Fairy
AG
Drinking my last Odell Myrcenary tonight. Any of you Coloradans want to send some more my way?
First Page Last Page
Page 171 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.