Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,673,293 Views | 62639 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by Quincey P. Morris
wessimo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tavour shows my box has made it to Houston. I called Hackbarth to ask if I can come get it and the answer was no, because they haven't inventoried the shipment yet; they are supposed to email me tomorrow and maybe then I can pick it up. Why the heck is Tavour using this outfit?
jetch17
AG

Quincey P. Morris
AG
Double Vision With Citra Hops is as solid as the first.

La Fours
AG
This is nice.
AggieOO
wessimo said:

Tavour shows my box has made it to Houston. I called Hackbarth to ask if I can come get it and the answer was no, because they haven't inventoried the shipment yet; they are supposed to email me tomorrow and maybe then I can pick it up. Why the heck is Tavour using this outfit?
not sure how many options there are for shipping beer since we have stupid laws/policies.

That said, the Hackbarth office in Austin was great, once the shipment actually made it here. Not sure the communication form Hackbarth back to Tavour is the best since Tavour is providing the updates, but hackbarth is shipping.

When I spoke to the manager at the Austin location, explained my situation (once covid settles down), where I work remote and travel for work, so I can't ship to a business. He told me to save his number in my phone can call him any time I had a box coming. He said he'd make sure it was set aside for me to come pick it up when I was back in town. He said if he was off that day, he'd call in to the office to make sure it was done.

He also mentioned that when they first started shipping for Tavour, shipments went to Dallas first for inventory. Said that it caused a couple more days of delay. He got tired of everyone calling asking where their beer was, so he called the powers that be and said, "if you want us to keep delivering to austin, you are going to have to send shipments straight to us."

Granted, my experience is based off one shipment. We'll see how future shipments go. Maybe I'll be in the "pissed off boat" soon too.
Mustang1
AG
Outer Range has a nice setup in Frisco. Only tried a few of their IPAs so far but very impressed.
SoTxAg
AG
Went to Outer Range during spring break, lotta good beers.
jh0400
AG
Have you heard anything yet? I still haven't gotten a response on my email to customer service at Tavour.
steve00
AG
Just got 3 boxes of west coast beers delivered. They were packed in wine bottle shippers, so the cans bounced around and broke up the styrofoam. One was completely empty from the damage. Had to wash all the stickiness and styrofoam pieces off of each can.

Also, when they told me they were out of stock on a few of the things I ordered, I said to just fill it in with whatever Modern Times IPAs they had in stock. Instead they sent Pale Ales, Lagers and Pilsners. I didn't even know Modern Times Ice was a thing.
Chipotlemonger
AG
That is a terrible packing job! If I use a bottle shipper like that for beer, I still always wrap up cans and give bottles padding. Wine bottles fit the space well, but cans and different size beer bottles do not.
wessimo
AG
No, no reply from Tavour and nothing from Hackbarth yet today.
wessimo
AG
Just got an email from Hackbarth... hoping to pick it up this afternoon.
jetch17
AG
White trash boardroom in effect with tunes blarin

steve00
AG
Haven't had one of these in a while. Excellent beer!

wessimo
AG
Went to Hackbarth in person and picked up my box rather than waiting another day or two.

When I got their email I replied to their email and said I was coming to get it. When I got there it was sitting in the reception area (not out in the hot warehouse) next to a couple other Tavour boxes.

Based on the label it was repacked in Coppell.

wessimo
AG
I measured the temp of the cans at 80F. Not great, not terrible.
La Fours
AG
Are you in Houston or DFW?
wessimo
AG
Houston
CDub06
AG
It's been a day... I don't know if it's been a 13% ABV Habanero Stout kind of day. But why not?

This thing is awesome by the way.
jwag
AG
My Tavour shipments to Fort Worth come thru Coppell. Have gone real smooth, stinks for you guys with troubles.
dave99ag
AG
Lost my job after 20yrs. Cheers to new beginnings! This is the way.
AgEng06
AG
Whoa! Sorry to hear that man. Wtf is going on up there?
dave99ag
AG
Reorg of IT services. I may have a spot on the other side, but we'll see what other opportunities arise. I kinda new it was coming, but still sucks.
maca1028
Sorry to hear that Dave.
BSD
AG
Dude. Balls. Sorry to hear.
Jock 07
AG

Objective Aggie
AG
At Meddlesome Moth tonight.
La Fours
AG
Dammit. That sucks man. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you.
MW13
AG
That sucks, sorry Dave.
dave99ag
AG
Anyone want to open a brewery in College Station?

Ok, back to remembering how to write a resume. Appreciate all the kind thoughts!
BSD
AG
dave99ag said:

I'm down.

Seriously, are there not any up there? Is the brewpub market not for poor college kids?
dave99ag
AG
New Republic closed. There's Blackwater Draw in downtown Bryan, but that's it.

I'm a bit amazed a good brewpub hasn't popped up. Maybe this market is just a challenging one.
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
dave99ag said:

New Republic closed. There's Blackwater Draw in downtown Bryan, but that's it.

I'm a bit amazed a good brewpub hasn't popped up. Maybe this market is just a challenging one.

Closed due to Covid. Has damn good happy hour prices. $2.52 beers from 3-6 Monday through Friday.

https://mosirishpub.com/college-station/
NColoradoAG
BSD said:

dave99ag said:

I'm down.

Seriously, are there not any up there? Is the brewpub market not for poor college kids?

Not typically. College kids dont drink a lot of craft. That may change over time, but I doubt more than marginally. The only regulars at WeldWerks under 24 were grad students.
jah003
S
Wow. That sucks. Next time I'm in CS and can see people we'll pop open an Atrial Magnum or something.
First Page Last Page
Page 1533 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.