Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,634,189 Views | 62600 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by ChipFTAC01
jh0400
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Decided to dig something out of the back of the cabinet.

Jock 07
AG
Can't stop, won't stop
AggieOO
Wheatables02 said:

Pool beer

Nice edit, but I think you could have left the bourbon.
Wheatables02
AG
AggieOO said:

Wheatables02 said:

Pool beer

Nice edit, but I think you could have left the bourbon.
different thread man, different thread
ChipFTAC01
AG
Pool beer. This was fantastic.
jetch17
AG
Pewlin' again

CDub06
AG
Forgot my 4th of July toast yesterday. Pretty killer West Coast IPA to break up my haze.
La Fours
AG
So my buddy and I missed that Roegels was closing today through Tuesday or Wednesday to remodel the dining room or something. So we decided to go to Pinkerton's instead. Then went by Spindletap, Ingenious and B-52.

It was a good day. Ill take pics of the haul later.

dave99ag
AG
Driveway beers and kids enjoying ice cream.

La Fours
AG
Here are the cans that I made it home with.

We also picked up some Ghost in the Machine for my buddy. I got two each of the prim rose and taeda.
CDub06
AG
And one from tonight. This series is stupid good.
La Fours
AG
Not pictured was the 4 pack of Ghost in the Machine I had my friend buy. Those two Ingenious beers were ok. Both might have been better with proper carbonation. Voss Boss was almost flat. C800 had a little carbonation. Very disappointing for the cost. Those two crowlers were $17 a piece.
cgary11
AG
I've had many flat igneous brews, I don't get the following they have. Maybe it's better off the tap.
CDub06
AG
I did a swing through SE Montgomery County/NE Harris County a while back in conjunction with a Corkscrew order and skipped Ingenious simply because of their Crowler price. I love what they do and going to their brewery, but committing to a crowler at their prices put me off.
La Fours
AG
We almost didn't go at all just because of the price. And then to get nearly flat beer at that cost was even more of a let down.

Too bad Brash is closed on Sunday's. We probably wouldn't have stopped at Ingenious if they were open.
La Fours
AG
Spindletap doesn't disappoint though. Sure, they all taste similar, but always good.
BowSowy
AG
I like baa baa's hazies a lot, but I am not a fan of their fruited beers. Waaaay too smoothie like for my taste.
jh0400
AG
That sucks that the beers were flat. Ingenious does some cool stuff, but it's expensive because they don't shy away from using expensive ingredients. I remember going in once pretty soon after they opened, and they had three or four IPAs with obscure and/or experimental hops, and another five or six adjunct heavy stouts.
wessimo
AG
Mmmm... very flavorful triple IPA from Commonwealth, courtesy of steve00.
La Fours
AG

Kyle98
AG
True Anomaly Freedom 7 w/ Brett Drei. So good. I don't think I've had anything by them that wasn't outstanding. Going to miss getting to go to the brewery when I'm done in Houston next month.
CDub06
AG
Another Bearded Iris tonight.

Side note: I don't remember why I have this glassware. I visited this brewery once in Fort Worth for less than an hour and don't necessarily have any warm feelings about them. I do like this glass though. I think they're Fort Brewing & Pizza now.
wessimo
AG
I'm starting to get annoyed with Tavour. My shipment left on June 26th and was originally supposed to arrive on July 3rd. The delivery date keeps getting pushed back and is now July 9-13. I kinda doubt that it is being kept cool during the journey... more likely sitting in a 90F warehouse in Dallas right now. If I order from them again it will be during the winter months.
jh0400
AG
Mine is sitting with yours apparently. I'm not as worried about the sours I ordered, but the Pseudo Sues may not be worth a **** when they finally get here.
jetch17
AG
Esp after beers that are already a month old before even shipping seems off to me - my Sues still drink well, but I was kind of put off that they were already not TOO recent from the line when offered on the site
jh0400
AG
**** it. I just sent an email asking for a refund on them since they've been sitting and will likely continue to sit in the heat for over a week. Let's see what they come back with.

I may order from them again for some stuff, but I'll stick to MBC for **** that needs to be consumed fresh.
Jock 07
AG
wessimo said:

I'm starting to get annoyed with Tavour. My shipment left on June 26th and was originally supposed to arrive on July 3rd. The delivery date keeps getting pushed back and is now July 9-13. I kinda doubt that it is being kept cool during the journey... more likely sitting in a 90F warehouse in Dallas right now. If I order from them again it will be during the winter months.

Appreciate the insight, I downloaded the app but haven't pulled the trigger on anything yet. With these reviews I might just stick with the local breweries and beer stores which are more than adequate.
AggieOO
No problems with mine, but I mostly pick up stuff that doesn't need to drink right away. Already working on another crate.
jah003
S
jetch17 said:

Esp after beers that are already a month old before even shipping seems off to me - my Sues still drink well, but I was kind of put off that they were already not TOO recent from the line when offered on the site
I've yet to find any TG less than a month out. I mean I went to 4 different liquor stores in 3 different states and not a single TG beer was less than a month old.
Jock 07
AG
When I was in omaha I think ~ 2 weeks was the freshest I ever saw TG but it wasn't uncommon to see sue on the shelf that was 3 months old either.
jh0400
AG
I just saw that my crate made it to Houston. I'm not sure how they ship, but I can't think of any reason it should take 12 days to get a package from Seattle to Houston. Maybe other people are more patient than me, but I'm unlikely to order from them again unless they have something that is suitable for long transport times that I can't live without.
wessimo
AG
Did they respond to you? I'm about to email them and ask if the shipping service maintains climate control.
BQ78
AG
Been a while since I visited this thread, things are much cloudier than when I was last here.
jh0400
AG
Not yet. I'll update the thread if they do.
jetch17
AG
Beach bangin'

First Page Last Page
Page 1532 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.