Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,678,329 Views | 62654 Replies | Last: 45 min ago by swampstander
La Fours
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Need Seattle recommendations. I leave Sunday morning and return Friday night. I'm staying at the Hyatt Regency in Bellvue and will spend the majority of the day at the Microsoft campus in Redmond. But I can uber where ever.
La Fours
AG
In.
Wheatables02
AG
In
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
In.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
TABC being wet blankets, yet again...

https://collectivebrew.com/2018/07/31/minor-miner-an-illicit-beer/

From what I gather, this is the same issue that Jester King occasionally runs into. TABC interprets the tier system laws to mean that a Brewpub (whom they consider a retailer) cannot collaborate with an out of state brewery that is licensed to sell in Texas.

Collective definitely messed up by taking delivery of a product that showed their script logo instead of the label approved for Texas that left off Collective's logo, but what a moronic law.
DonaldFDraper
AG
Breweries wise:

Reuben's Brews
Cloudburst Brewing Company
Fremont Brewing
Holy Mountain Brewing
Urban Family Brewing

Happy to give food and other recs if desired. Seattle is really cool. A lot of Happy Hour options if your schedule allows.
Hudson2508
AG
In as well if bottles are available. I'll drink anything y'all come up with.
La Fours
AG
Nice, thanks.

I'll gladly take food and happy hour recommendations as well. Most evenings I should be free to do whatever.
Bmac04
AG
Wasn't a member last year. They only had 60 barrels for 150 members last year and opened up a few memberships slots this year but you had to be nominated by a current member to get in.
Jock 07
AG
I'll go ahead and solicit input for a work trip next week that just popped up today. Looks like I'll be staying in Old Town Alexandria and metroing to and from work so won't have a car. Any suggestions within walking distance/quick uber of the Hilton Old Town/King Street Metro? I'm familiar with Church Key but that might be a little far for me on this trip.
steve00
AG
A damn fine selection of Houston beers. Thanks BSD.

And now I have plenty of bubble wrap for you and Maca's return boxes.
MathNewman06
AG
All this talk about Prairie Dawgs along with the non-100 degree weather today and I had to open this one.
NColoradoAG
My one recommendation for a prairie dawg blend would be to pick only one "crazy" ingredient. Candy, cereal, nuts, and even maple syrup are really tough adjuncts to blend with. You need a ****load of them to coax out any of their flavor.
reesei10
I know this is Heineken, but this is interesting and tasty.

AggieStout
AG
Bmac04 said:

Wasn't a member last year. They only had 60 barrels for 150 members last year and opened up a few memberships slots this year but you had to be nominated by a current member to get in.

We are all glad you are now in and willing to make up that barrel cost by selling to us. Probably one of the best perks a company can have. To allow its members to make their own, no work and all the rewards. Pretty bad a$$
Chipotlemonger
AG
Dig this beer from Adelbert's. Refreshing, light, good combo between the rye and lemon aspects to create a great summer tune beer.

AggieStout
AG
Speaking of bmac. This one is all thanks to him.
Very boozy. Smooth after taste as a shortbread cookie would. Solo'ed it.

Finally got to try some ghost. I thought it would be better. I have a couple more so maybe my thoughts will change.

Nothing like a little early fall beer
ChipFTAC01
AG
Yeah, we reallyenjoyed their mango beer this summer. Great pool beer.
jah003
S
I've found myself liking TG less and less...

And liking ABW more and more (if that is even possible)...

AggieStout
AG
jah003 said:

Only had very low level beers from them but kinda messed up. Why not be proud of the lineage your starting. Like Pro sports coaches. Not like a new small brewery is going to immediately threaten your sales.
La Fours
AG
That's disappointing re: TG. And on a sort of similar note, I think I'm done with New Republic here in CS. The two original founders are both out. It sucked when Dean left back at the beginning of 2017. Now John has left as well.

BMac, has PWonk said anything about NR and John leaving?

I really like John and Dean both. They are super nice guys and they helped me a lot with a charity event back in 2016 by donating a ton of beer for our event. It really sucks things didn't work out.
Bmac04
AG
Prairie said they will use 40 lbs of each adjunct per barrel. I have no clue if that is a lot or a little.
Scriffer
AG
In. Don't even care which adjuncts.
Bmac04
AG
The new partner/s brought in wanted to go in a different direction then he did and also allowed him to spend more time with the kids and help with his wife's business. Still has a minority stake in it I think.
reesei10
jah003 said:

This is interesting. Tons of breweries put their recipes out for home brewers to use, so I do not understand the why. Usually the argument is that home brewers can not recreate the beer exactly because they do not have access to the system that the beer was created on. Everyone's system is different and will make a beer different. That is part of what makes craft beer great. The same beer changes release to release. I definitely like ABW approach, Grow the Pipeline.
NColoradoAG
Bmac04 said:

Prairie said they will use 40 lbs of each adjunct per barrel. I have no clue if that is a lot or a little.
That is a lot.
La Fours
AG
I see. Thanks.
La Fours
AG
Austin folks have some B52 coming your way.

https://instagr.am/p/Bl6YMdgFxLY
jah003
S
Grabbed some Tupps DDH #3 at H-E-B today canned on 7/30. Excited to try one tonight...

Also, I find myself buying about 90% local or Texas beers these days. I feel like Firestone Walker, Bells, Cigar City, Ballast Point, etc. are all at least 2-3 months old. It's just not worth it anymore when a lot of Texas breweries are pumping out better/fresher stuff...
AgEng06
AG
I've found the same thing. Part of that is probably that most of my shopping is done at the Leander HEB, so not a lot of turnover there, but part of it is that I just enjoy the stuff from Texas lately. I've been a total ABW whoar for the past several months...
Jason_Ag98
AG
Figures that I would be out of town when they finally bring some to Austin. I'm gonna have to make it out to the brewery one of these days - been wanting to try some of their beers for a long time.
Bmac04
AG
STL box. BA Abraxas is still a top 5 of mine.
La Fours
AG
That sucks. No wife/gf/brother/cousin/buddy to go pick some up for you?

The brewery itself is nice. Plenty of outside seating, you can bring your own chairs if you wanted. But also lots of picnic tables. Lots of shade too. But also plenty of indoor seating as well. Neat place.
fav13andac1)c
AG
jah003 said:

Grabbed some Tupps DDH #3 at H-E-B today canned on 7/30. Excited to try one tonight...

Also, I find myself buying about 90% local or Texas beers these days. I feel like Firestone Walker, Bells, Cigar City, Ballast Point, etc. are all at least 2-3 months old. It's just not worth it anymore when a lot of Texas breweries are pumping out better/fresher stuff...
Let me know what you think, brother. Tupps' cellarman, here. We are stoked with how it came out, and the support this series has been getting.
zephyrtexan
AG
Got my last two boxes!

http://imgur.com/qSO6Rx1
http://imgur.com/GysnPlk

I'm gonna be honest. I totally forgot the username of one of the box senders. Because I'm a terrible person.

But the one with the Chex mix? That's from BMac. And the Chex mix came with the box.

I asked for something strange, I suppose that's one way to do it.
First Page Last Page
Page 1363 of 1791

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.