Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,645,838 Views | 62620 Replies | Last: 10 hrs ago by Chipotlemonger
Robert C. Christian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
In.
AggieStout
AG
Bmac04 said:

So I have the possibility to purchase a single barrel from prairie with my membership. Either bourbon or apple brandy with any 3 custom adjunts to go in it. Should yield around 400 bottles so should have some to spread the love to anyone that wants some.

Ideas for what recipe I should go with?

Double in.

Bourbon
Marshmallow
Chocolate graham crackers
Vanilla

Bourbon
Cinnamon Toast Crunch
Vanilla
Coffee

reesei10
reesei10 said:

Bmac04 said:

So I have the possibility to purchase a single barrel from prairie with my membership. Either bourbon or apple brandy with any 3 custom adjunts to go in it. Should yield around 400 bottles so should have some to spread the love to anyone that wants some.

Do they give you a list of possible adjuncts?

In.
Just to throw out 3 random ones: coconut, cacao nibs, and acai
AggieStout
AG
Still on the fence for the Clemson game but if I do I'd bring stuff to share. Got to get rid of some bottles to make room for new ones
Bmac04
AG
Quote:

Pretty much anything is on the table. Been thinking of marshmallow, recees peanut butter cups and caramel
txag2008
AG
In.

Apple Brandy w/peanut brittle, coconut, & coffee. Would have to be good
jah003
S
Bmac04 said:

Coconut, Coffee, and Vanilla? Or is that even already a Prairie beer?

Edit: Oh man... I'm not thinking nearly crazy enough... ABW had a Honey Bun, Coconut, Coffee beer that was the tits.
Bmac04
AG
I think a couple people did that one last year
jh0400
AG
In.
zephyrtexan
AG
In.
jah003
S
Side note... I'm grabbing a Franklin brisket for the Clemson game already for my families tailgate. I won't be able to do a bottle share, but I could grab a brisket for you guys and drop it off. They are anywhere from 4 - 7 lbs and the website estimates them at $100 ish. I know BSD has done a sousvide in the past for shares. Just tossing it out there...
AggieStout
AG
Bmac04 said:

Quote:

Pretty much anything is on the table. Been thinking of marshmallow, recees peanut butter cups and caramel

Could use some of these too
Caramellos, kit kat's , peeps
Chipotlemonger
AG
In.

Very cool. I don't think you can go wrong with the 3 adjuncts!

Off the beaten path trio: sweet potato, marshmallow, cinnamon
Jason_Ag98
AG
In.

Apple brandy with cinnamon, caramel, and graham crackers?
Inspector Spacetime
AG
Bmac04 said:

Bourbon:
Chocolate
Vanilla
Pie Crust

Apple Brandy:
Cinnamon
Vanilla
Caramel

For me, picking one or two from these sets of ingredients would be enough, but I like fewer adjunct additions in most of my beers
Jock 07
AG
Inspector Spacetime said:

Bourbon:
Chocolate
Vanilla
Pie Crust

I'd second this with the option of coconut instead of the pie crust but either would be phenomenal IMO
Chipotlemonger
AG
May change my input to this delicious sounding trio. /drool emoticon
MathNewman06
AG
Bmac04 said:

In.

Here's the list from last year. I don't really think you can go wrong.

reesei10
Bmac04 said:

What about picking your favorite combinations and then having a vote? Jah could setup a google spreadsheet.
MathNewman06
AG

Apple Brandy:
Cinnamon
Vanilla
Caramel

I like this idea
Jock 07
AG
Oh that vanilla pecan maple sounds damn good
BSD
AG
jah003 said:

Side note... I'm grabbing a Franklin brisket for the Clemson game already for my families tailgate. I won't be able to do a bottle share, but I could grab a brisket for you guys and drop it off. They are anywhere from 4 - 7 lbs and the website estimates them at $100 ish. I know BSD has done a sousvide in the past for shares. Just tossing it out there...

You had me at side note. Of course, I wasn't wearing my reading glasses and thought you said side piece.
jah003
S
BSD said:

jah003 said:

You had me at side note. Of course, I wasn't wearing my reading glasses and thought you said side piece.
What if your side piece is Franklin brisket...? Give me a shout at some point and we can figure out the meat up details...
jah003
S
I was noticing the beer thread had been a little slow lately... then Bmac drops by...
reesei10
One more because I can not get mint chocolate out of my head. Mint, cacao nibs, and raspberry
txag2008
AG
Maybe the more interesting question is what will Bmac name his beer??
jah003
S
txag2008 said:

Maybe the more interesting question is what will Bmac name his beer??
Fleetwood Mac Sex Pants.
AggieStout
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

In.

Very cool. I don't think you can go wrong with the 3 adjuncts!

Off the beaten path trio: sweet potato, marshmallow, cinnamon

This sounds interesting in a good way
AggieStout
AG
MathNewman06 said:

Apple Brandy:
Cinnamon
Vanilla
Caramel

I like this idea

Damn this sounds good too
AggieStout
AG
With all these good ideas should just ask to get another barrel that way two choices.
Bmac04
AG
Only 150 barrels available for the 300 members so not everyone is guaranteed a barrel.
dave99ag
AG
Can anyone recommend a freezerless refrigerator? We're moving our toddler to a new room and the closet was my beer storage. Thinking it may not be a bad idea to cold store a good portion of the collection. I found this Frigidaire at Lowe's, but reviews seem to be mixed.
maca1028
In
AggieStout
AG
Bmac04 said:

Only 150 barrels available for the 300 members so not everyone is guaranteed a barrel.

Wow. Didn't know this. Thought it was any member had the option to put an order in. Getting the chance to do that is rarer than I thought. I guess managing 150 is a lot of time and work. Pretty sweet deal though that I doubt many people pass up. Last year did you not get one?
AggieStout
AG
FYI if any of y'all are going to be around Anaheim Aug 11-sept 9. The bottle logic fundamental observation tickets go on sale Aug 5th for pick ups during the above time period.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/fundamental-observation-2018-bottle-release-tickets-47936755125?aff=es2
First Page Last Page
Page 1362 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.