Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,678,358 Views | 62654 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by swampstander
dave99ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think it's Russian River that has completely separated their sour and non-sour facilities to minimize infection. I can only imagine trying to contain a wild strain while keeping up with your production requirements.
NColoradoAG
dave99ag said:

I think it's Russian River that has completely separated their sour and non-sour facilities to minimize infection. I can only imagine trying to contain a wild strain while keeping up with your production requirements.
I would imagine this beer was infected when blending in adjuncts.
BowSowy
AG
I was not at all a fan of that one. Drank one of the six pack and the rest will probably hide out in the back of my fridge for a while.
ChipFTAC01
AG
A coworker texted me yesterday when she was at Vallenson's down in Pearland. I asked for a growler of their Imp Stout which is now chilling in the office fridge. I've been wanting to try some of their stuff for a while just don't find myself down their way during drinking hours.
txag2008
AG
In the south side of KC the next few days for work. Any suggestions for brewpubs/bars/restaurants with decent options?
jah003
S

Chipotlemonger
AG

Nice cascade pale ale with a little of that euro lager bitterness mixed in.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Vallensons Imperial Stout might be the best stout In Texas. Just fantastic. We'll balanced, perfect malt. Greatness.

I really need to get down there and check out some of their other stuff.
jah003
S
So... for some reason I just realized that Lagunitas Willettized Stout never made it to Texas. And I'm sad... cause I wanted some. If anyone outside of Texas has access to this bad boy let me know... I'll make it worth your while. We can set up a trade, #goandpickitupformebro, etc.
Scriffer
AG
I'm still mad at Lagunitas for dumping Lil Sumpin' Wild
MattJaxson
AG
I've got a couple bottles left and can throw in some fresh Bearded Iris and Southern Grist from Nashville. Email me at username @ Gmail and we can figure something out.
Kyle98
AG
I've enjoyed everything I've had by Einstock.
CDub06
AG
Sorry to those that follow me on Untappd. I tried to kill the entire Arkane sourfest list on my own. I even got my beer hating boss on some of this deliciousness.

Then we went to Rapp's German party which was underwhelming... We'll see if I can get anywhere else this week.
CDub06
AG
My boss is killing me. Talking to his wife now.
"I killed 3-4 beers on my own. I drank the **** out of beer today. I'm a big boy - no more pull ups. I got all ****ed up on that blue & pink marshmellow and guava beer."
La Fours
AG
CDub06 said:

My boss is killing me. Talking to his wife now.
"I killed 3-4 beers on my own. I drank the **** out of beer today. I'm a big boy - no more pull ups. I got all ****ed up on that blue & pink marshmellow and guava beer."
Chipotlemonger
AG
Y'all ever grab a "go to" beer and get disappointed in it for quality issues? Got a 6-pack of one of my favorite easy drinkers recently and I think it's a bad batch. That, or my sight and taste were horrible before. There's a **** ton of unappetizing floaties in them, and the regular carbonation/head body seems off on the beer.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Speaking of this, what's your Untappd? When was the last time we did a TexAgs Untappd update?
steve00
AG

Solid bba imperial stout. Lost Abbey can be hit or miss on carbonation level, but this one was spot on.
maca1028
Been fighting a sinus in***tion the last week, nothing I've taken seems to work, might as well try beer.
Thanks for the beer jah.
maca1028
https://instagr.am/p/Bf_l0ZpALEE
So hot right now
reesei10
It Tuesday! And this is dam good!

AggieStout
AG
maca1028 said:

https://instagr.am/p/Bf_l0ZpALEE
So hot right now

Is that for real? Need to jump on that. Had heavy hands but didn't think it was as good as haze or draped up. Really wanted to try cosmic clouds and see how that was
AggieStout
AG
reesei10 said:

It Tuesday! And this is dam good!

What's it like? Saw it released today. Looking to try it Friday night at the anniversary along with all the other beers they are releasing
CDub06
AG
Mine is simple - CDub06

There's a google sheet somewhere on this thread with everyone's user names on there.
reesei10
It is a NE IPA but I do not see their notes about the beer online yet. It was very easy to drink, and it was good enough that I will pick up another one for this weekend. Super fresh.
DallasAggie2012
AG
Here's the link to the spreadsheet of Untappd usernames if you or others need it: Untappd Usernames
Chipotlemonger
AG
Cool
Moxie
AG
Added. Thanks!
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
reesei10 said:

It is a NE IPA but I do not see their notes about the beer online yet. It was very easy to drink, and it was good enough that I will pick up another one for this weekend. Super fresh.
Bring it up to McKinney this weekend.
Topher17
AG
Thanks for this! I lurk here almost daily and have long wondered how to find people.

Added mine as well!
tl1127
AG
Okay, at the risk of embarrassing myself, I'll go ahead and ask. What is the point of Untapped? I've seen it at breweries and growler places but never bothered to look into what it's about. TIA
Scriffer
AG
tl1127 said:

Okay, at the risk of embarrassing myself, I'll go ahead and ask. What is the point of Untapped? I've seen it at breweries and growler places but never bothered to look into what it's about. TIA

Incentivized drinking.
Topher17
AG
I like it to keep up with what my friends are drinking. My brother works in beer in Nashville, and it is fun to keep up with what we're both drinking. I also like it to both remember what I've had and discover new things I otherwise may not have tried/purchased.
tl1127
AG
Gotcha. I'll check it out. Thanks!
CDub06
AG
It's social media geared around beer. I like to see what my buddies are drinking and their reactions. With the rating system, it's great to use as a research tool when deciding how to prioritize visits to breweries or what to order.
First Page Last Page
Page 1319 of 1791

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.