Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,717,215 Views | 62712 Replies | Last: 7 min ago by SoTxAg
jh0400
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Guilty.
Moxie
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

Some great choices. For those of y'all that may have came when we played Vandy in football a few years back, the scene really has really grown in a great way since then.
The wife and I are coming to Nashville for a long weekend in June. Where would you recommend?
Chipotlemonger
AG
Believe Matt had some good advice a page or few back but I'll put some here too.

Best Breweries: Southern Grist (2 locations now, I've only been to one of em but new place looks cool), Bearded Iris, New Heights, there are others but those are the top 3 I'd say

Bars: Craft Brewed, 51 North Taproom, 12 South Taproom (those last two are in the same group and there is some overlap on offerings), HQ Beercade if you're downtown, and many more

Hot chicken is a must if you've never it. Bushwhackers are a great drink to try when here too at bars.

jah003
S
Thanks again maca...
txag2008
AG
Classic subway tile beer picture backdrop
CDub06
AG
Was clearing out my fridge at B52 and apparently craftbeergods was in attendance. Had some good stuff but *****ly Pear from The Answer won the night.
Moxie
AG
I appreciate it!
Chipotlemonger
AG

Omnipollo Nebuchadnezzar. Double IPA 8.5% ABV. They're a Swedish brewery but this can was contracted out to a NY brewery. Cool can, great beer. It has been a while for me since my last imperial IPA.

Happy weekend, y'all.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
Omnipollo is pretty interesting. They were first described to me as a "gypsy brewery," which seems appropriate as they basically travel the world making collabs and brewing on others' equipment. In Colorado, they're distributed by Crooked Stave Artisans, and this was one of the recent releases I saw out in the market today:

It's an 11% peanut butter biscuit stout, made with no peanut butter or biscuits. The link below explains more.
Story behind the Yellow Belly beer
I doubt any Coors fanatics will find their way into the Tipsy's walk-in beer cellar (they have a domestic suitcase beer cave the opposite side of the store), but I'm not sure how they'd like the comparison to the Coors Banquet nickname.

Crooked Stave actually has a collaboration coming out with Omnipollo in the next few months, a peach variant of the "Bianca" lactose-added sour we did with them last year (2017 was raspberry).

Chipotlemonger
AG
I forgot to mention a newer place too: Hopsmith Tavern. It's in midtown if you're ever around there. Have not eaten there but they have a pretty good tap list.
BSD
AG
jh0400 said:

Guilty.

When are your better so we can plan this Texags Rare Barrel bottle share that's been in the works for the last year?
jh0400
AG
Still looking like sometime in April. I've started physical therapy, so we're moving forward.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Did they make it look like a klansman on purpose?
La Fours
AG
Lucky #007 said:

Did they make it look like a klansman on purpose?
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Bun B at the Rodeo

8th Wonder posted a video of Bun B making an appearance at the rodeo. That had to be a bit of a shocker.
CollinAB
AG
That was exactly my thought too. Certainly a bold choice I guess.
reesei10
Had this last night all to myself plus a few IPAs. I thought it was a great beer. I would be interested in trying the other variants.

However, this happen after.
CollinAB
AG
Jester King's Saison Amricaine tonight. Very tasty stuff.
txag2008
AG
passionfruit. haze.
Merle Haggard
I agree with most of your post but Bearded Iris and New Heights are extremely overrated.
NColoradoAG
Raylan Givens said:

I agree with most of your post but Bearded Iris and New Heights are extremely overrated.

I dont know who this guy is, but ill recommend Bearded Iris 10/10.
Chipotlemonger
AG
NColoradoAG said:

Raylan Givens said:

I'll also say, I forgot to mention Smith & Lentz out of east Nashville. That's a cool place as well.
Kyle98
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

NColoradoAG said:

Raylan Givens said:

I'll also say, I forgot to mention Smith & Lentz out of east Nashville. That's a cool place as well.

Been to Mantra in Franklin? We went the when of the Vandy game. They had opened to week before, I think. I thought they had some really good stuff.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Yea I've been out there. They definitely brew some unique beers. I think generally their sours are more well liked, but I had a peanut butter stout when I went that was really damn good. They're also a little ways out there, but not bad if you're planning to go towards Franklin anyways.
Robert C. Christian
AG
NColoradoAG said:

Raylan Givens said:

He's been up in Kentucky too long. Too much bourbon.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Stopped in at Great Heights this morning for a quick flight. Kids were being crazy so we went down to petrol where they could be crazy (and because their food truck wasn't serving yet)

Their citrus dipa and neipa were really good. Porter was just good and the amber was disappointing.
MathNewman06
AG
Their IPAs are the way to go. I like the saison, too. Everything else has been just ok.
Hudson2508
AG
Oddwood has finally opened, really excited for them to start releasing bottles. Need to do an Austin beer meat up there sometime soon.
jah003
S
Hudson2508 said:

Oddwood has finally opened, really excited for them to start releasing bottles. Need to do an Austin beer meat up there sometime soon.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Wife's hefe was actually good and I don't normally like them at all anymore.
Jason_Ag98
AG
Made it to Russian River last night. Surprisingly light crowd for a Saturday night. The wait from walking up to sitting at a table was only about 20 minutes. Shared the full sampler and had a couple of Plinys and some Drew Bites for good measure. Excellent as always.

AggieStout
AG
Not excited about this. Has a bad tasting end to it. Like nail polish remover.
jh0400
AG
Had one last night and wasn't overly impressed either. I'm hoping some time in the bottle will help soften it a bit.
Bmac04
AG
So Cycle canceled all of their bottle releases the rest of this week becasue the bottle they released today was infected. Wow what a way to kick off TBBW
NColoradoAG
Bmac04 said:

So Cycle canceled all of their bottle releases the rest of this week becasue the bottle they released today was infected. Wow what a way to kick off TBBW
Man, that sticks. Never wish that upon any brewery. Barrel aged beers are tough.
First Page Last Page
Page 1318 of 1792

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.