Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,679,233 Views | 62663 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by Objective Aggie
MattJaxson
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What does your brother do in Nashville? We moved here last July and have gotten pretty plugged into the beer scene.
dave99ag
AG
Facebook for alcho... err, beer connoisseurs.
AggieOO
tl1127 said:

Okay, at the risk of embarrassing myself, I'll go ahead and ask. What is the point of Untapped? I've seen it at breweries and growler places but never bothered to look into what it's about. TIA

I mainly use it to keep up with beers I've had. I cant tell you how many times I've been somewhere and almost got a beer, then looked it up on untapped and saw my previous rating...and chosen something else.

If beer is good, I rarely forget. If it's bad, unless it was God-awful, I usually forget I've had it.
---------------------------------------
RRCA Certified Running Coach
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
I probably use it more often while traveling and trying new breweries/beers so that I can remember what I drank and if I liked it.
Bmac04
AG
Starting to unpack some beers in Tampa
DallasAggie2012
AG
Wow that's a serious lineup!

You guys make it out to Angry Chair for the bottle releases with all the line craziness that's been going down since the early week releases? I saw they had to move the bottle releases from noon to 9 am because there were so many people in line too early, which I figure is partially due to the Cycle releases being cancelled. I can't even imagine what it will be like for BA IGCCS later this week.

Bmac04
AG
I didn't go but plenty of my buddies went so I can drink them all at least.
Jock 07
AG
the only thing I typically use untapped for is to see what beers are on tap at a bar or brewery if it isn't listed on their website. Don't really get into the social and checkin features, mainly because I'm just to damn lazy to add a beer each time I have a different kind of beer.
DallasAggie2012
AG
Nice. Angry Chair and Garagiste were by far my favorites when we hit Tampa before the A&M/Florida game last year.
AggieStout
AG
Bmac04 said:

Starting to unpack some beers in Tampa

So much that you had to take the picture from upstairs?
Bmac04
AG
Only way to get most of the stuff in the picture. Still have a few more guys bringing stuff and lots in the fridge already
Topher17
AG
Works at Craft Brewed.
CDub06
AG
So, what's your background? Do you live in Tampa or what?
Robert C. Christian
AG
I get nervous with about 8 beers in my bag. How did all that get moved?
jah003
S

My sweet dear lord.
AgEng06
AG
In
Chipotlemonger
AG
Quote:

...our cellar release is not a recurring event. It's something that is necessary for us at this point in time, but is unlikely to happen for a very long time, if ever.

Good to see them doing a full lotto system for this.
lne2011
AG
Look more people to follow on Untappd! My Untappd handle is the same as my texags handle.
jh0400
AG
If anyone wins that and can spare a La Vie en Rose and/or a Detritivore I'll make it up to you.
CDub06
AG
I managed Brew Life & Calusa today in south Sarasota this afternoon. Calusa was tremendous. Best brewery I've been to south of Tampa. Their ipa program is great.

I'm really trying my boss' patience with these stops... Another long day tomorrow, but I'm going to see if I can work The Good Liquid in at some point.
Bmac04
AG
Opened a few Hill Farmstead beers tonight
Bmac04
AG
Live in Dallas
Bmac04
AG
Most of us mailed our beer down last week
AggieStout
AG
Going to snag me some of this

Suburban Ninja Imperial Stout (2016 Base, BBA Vanilla, Rye BA Vanilla and Rye BA) and individual (Mexican Chocolate, Bourbon BA and 2017 Base)
dave99ag
AG
I got an email from JK this morning thinking I got in the lottery. Apparently, my wife entered me, so here's hoping.
Chipotlemonger
AG
I glanced at the list. Seemed like the 3 bottles of CRU-55 would be first to go I would think.
La Fours
AG
Wine shippers. Boxes with styrofoam inserts that will hold large format bottles. Check the box like any other piece of luggage.
AggieOO
AggieStout said:

Suburban Ninja Imperial Stout (2016 Base, BBA Vanilla, Rye BA Vanilla and Rye BA) and individual (Mexican Chocolate, Bourbon BA and 2017 Base)

I'm actually more excited about grabbing a couple crowlers of Jimmy snicka.
NColoradoAG
AggieStout said:

ISO BA and Variants
AggieStout
AG
AggieOO said:

AggieStout said:

I'm actually more excited about grabbing a couple crowlers of Jimmy snicka.

Barrel aged snicka in garrison barrels
AggieStout
AG
B day gift from the wife.

Wheatables02
AG
Just started using untappd more and became active on this thread.

Can you all give me some readily available examples of good NE IPA's and Sours that I can find at a big box (total wine, specs?)

I'm a barrel aged imperial stout guy but am wanting to try a few of the above after all the posts on here.

Thanks!!
maca1028
Another good one from jah.
jah003
S
Wheatables02 said:

Can you all give me some readily available examples of good NE IPA's and Sours that I can find at a big box (total wine, specs?)

I'm a barrel aged imperial stout guy but am wanting to try a few of the above after all the posts on here.

Thanks!!
Where are you located?

Rodenbach Grand Cru and Boon Geuze are easy to find most anywhere and great entry level "sours". NE IPA's seem to be harder to come by... most breweries that are making NE IPA's are selling them directly from the brewery. Depending on where you are located I can make some recommendations.
Wheatables02
AG
jah003 said:

Wheatables02 said:

Thanks!!
Where are you located?

Rodenbach Grand Cru and Boon Geuze are easy to find most anywhere and great entry level "sours". NE IPA's seem to be harder to come by... most breweries that are making NE IPA's are selling them directly from the brewery. Depending on where you are located I can make some recommendations.
DFW close to Lewisville, TX
First Page Last Page
Page 1320 of 1791

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.