Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,673,270 Views | 62639 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by Quincey P. Morris
txag2008
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
You might be able to find Grace and Grit still around, it's somewhat of an NEIPA. You also might be about to find the latest batch of E-Juice. 3 Nations Brewery in Farmers Branch is supposed to be releasing their NEIPA this weekend.

I've found the best NEIPAs in town to be at Malai Kitchen (thai restaurant with locations in Uptown, Southlake, Ft Worth)
La Fours
AG
Real Ale Grapefruit Gose is on shelves at College Station at Tower Point HEB.

Welcome to the thread Wheatables02!
La Fours
AG
Roughtail Brewing Everything Rhymes With Orange isn't really a NEIPA but it's really good and should be easy to find in DFW.
Scriffer
AG
O'Dell Mountain Standard

Really nice Black IPA.

Well hell, drinking a kickass beer makes internetting impossible

*ducks*
La Fours
AG
Don't listen to Scriffer. Black IPA's are an abomination.
La Fours
AG
Drinking the Grapefruit Gose. It's not bad. Not regular Gose good but still good.

La Fours
AG
I'm on my second can and it's getting better. Maybe my pallet was off because of the double ipas I had earlier. I'm liking this much more now.
AggieStout
AG
Yeah like most said most of the NEIPA are going to be Brewery only sale. Austin has some good ones as well as Houston. Likely people will be willing to send you a can or two. I'd be able to after things calm down in a week or so. I also just buy online. Most cans are like $6-15 a piece and you can buy one or a couple and have them shipped to you. If you think of it as trying some of the best NEIPA from the NE area from veil, tree house, trillium it's not really that bad of a price.
Kyle98
AG
If you're close to Highland Village, What's on Tap on 407 usually has a couple of good sours on Tap, and sometimes a NEIPA or two.
AggieStout
AG
Your right this is the t its. Very crisp and refreshing. Zero bitterness

AggieOO
AggieStout said:

AggieOO said:

AggieStout said:

Going to snag me some of this

Suburban Ninja Imperial Stout (2016 Base, BBA Vanilla, Rye BA Vanilla and Rye BA) and individual (Mexican Chocolate, Bourbon BA and 2017 Base)

I'm actually more excited about grabbing a couple crowlers of Jimmy snicka.

Barrel aged snicka in garrison barrels
i'm actually a bit tired of barrel aged stouts (not that i won't still drink them), so really looking forward to the regular version.
jetch17
AG
They're runnin out of BSD!

Connd
How is it?
jetch17
AG
Another brash IPA ... it's good, can't say it's not that far off from another PW, Cali, EZ etc... fresh & tasty, although I thought it was supposed to be a mesh of hazy/hoppy?

Can't complain, just not much off the norm for them
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
It was a good day with reesei. Still working on some!

Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Keeping the Jester King train going.
Wheatables02
AG
Kyle98 said:

If you're close to Highland Village, What's on Tap on 407 usually has a couple of good sours on Tap, and sometimes a NEIPA or two.
Headed there today. Looks like 2 or 3 sours. Can your recommend one over another?
Kyle98
AG
I had the Collective Brewing Project Cran Jam on Thursday, and really enjoyed it. Haven't had any of the others they have right now.

Edit: looks like they also just tapped a keg of E-Juice
jah003
S
Just drinking some BA stouts... and it's 85 degrees...
CDub06
AG
Went by Good Liquid in Bradenton, was underwhelmed. It's a cool space, pretty good selection but it just didn't land with me.

Swung by Cigar City yesterday because we had some time before the flight. With the festivities and the Hunahpu release, it was a madhouse.
Wheatables02
AG
Kyle98 said:

I had the Collective Brewing Project Cran Jam on Thursday, and really enjoyed it. Haven't had any of the others they have right now.

Edit: looks like they also just tapped a keg of E-Juice

Saw that. Driving there now for a growler.
Hudson2508
AG
ISO
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG

This isn't bad. I think I like the JK style of fruited sours more. A bit dryer. This is pretty sweet.
jwag
AG
Seredipity is good stuff. Cheers.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG

Really like this Lost Nation gose dry hopped with citra hops and grapefruit.
jah003
S
Allright gents... It's that most magical time of the year when vasectomy's are scheduled, wives are ignored, and copious amounts of wings/beer are consumed. It's March Madness time.

In what has become a Texags beer thread tradition... the 3rd annual Texags Beer Thread March Madness Contest is upon us...

The rules:

1. Losers will send winners a box of beer. It's pretty simple. The box needs to contain at minimum 4 large format beers (obviously things like a JK genie or a hard to find 12 oz. would still count, or even a solid 6 pack). Please don't send some a 6 pack of shiner and call it good... The amount of winners will be based on the amount of entries. Last year we were able to award beers to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place.

2. You need to be at least a semi active poster on this thread to enter (or have a semi active poster vouch for you...). If your username name rhymes with Schmickory Schmih you are not permitted to enter.

3. Brackets will be run through ESPN. Sign up here: http://games.espn.com/tournament-challenge-bracket/2018/en/group?groupID=1221885 (if that link doesn't work... search for Texags Beer Thread). Password is: #whalez
Please use your texags username when you join.

4. After a winner(s) is declared we will do a draft to figure out who send to who... Please send your box in a timely manner after you have been drafted. If you do not plan on sending a box, do not join.

I'm sure I forgot something from last year. If I did feel free to chime in.
Kyle98
AG
I'm in for beer donation....I mean March Madness pool.
dave99ag
AG
About time you posted! My wife was bugging the hell out of me if the Beer Thread was going to do Beer Madness again.
jah003
S
dave99ag said:

About time you posted! My wife was bugging the hell out of me if the Beer Thread was going to do Beer Madness again.
Of course she's bugging you... hasn't she placed the 1st 2 Years?
Hudson2508
AG
In to defend my title. Glad I watched zero college hoops this year.
jah003
S
Hudson2508 said:

In to defend my title. Glad I watched zero college hoops this year.
Which is the best way to win...
Inspector Spacetime
AG
A MM Bracket tourney where we send beer is about the only tourney I can afford this year. I'm in!

I didn't watch any basketball apart from what seemed like the most disappointing Aggie games.... so I should have about the same chance of winning as usual.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
Crooked Stave had its first Cellar Reserve members-only release party yesterday, which meant I got to drink some really old CS beers, plus these other beauties people brought:

(tried both 2016 and 2017-- massively different, too)

one of a few 6+ year olds from work

CollinAB
AG
In the Great Beer Desert of Midland this weekend. Checking out what y'all have been drinking is giving me life. Looking forward to seeing what kind of boxes get put together for March Madness this year.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Went out to California for a wedding this weekend. Tried Lenthwise Zeus (?) imperial IPA...packed a big punch. Also had a Kern River double IPA that was very nice. Lighter for a double:

This hoppy amber from Modern Times is great:

On Friday I tried out this awesome cold brew coffee on nitro. First I've ever had like that, highly recommend:
First Page Last Page
Page 1321 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.