Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,678,259 Views | 62654 Replies | Last: 16 min ago by swampstander
BSD
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'll take a case of each. Thanks.
NColoradoAG
Ha, I can't fit that much in my checked bag. I could check two for free though....
streetfighter2012
AG
NCo- If its not to much trouble I'll take some Russian River. I've never had any of their brews and wouldn't mind seeing what all the hooplah is about. I can trade some DR 12s if interested.

[This message has been edited by Streetfighter2012 (edited 9/6/2012 1:34p).]
NColoradoAG
quote:
NCo- If its not to much trouble I'll take some Russian River. I've never had any of their brews and wouldn't mind seeing what all the hooplah is about. I can trade some DR 12s if interested.

I'll run to the shop tonight and see if there's any Pliny left, but it's doubtful. Are you into sours?
streetfighter2012
AG
The only one I've had is the Brux, and I enjoyed that one.
NColoradoAG
I wouldn't call Brux a sour. I'll haul a few of the sours down (probably supplication and sanctification). They'd be good post game celebration or drown your sorrow beers. We tailgate in lot H.
streetfighter2012
AG
Sounds good. Thanks
62strat
AG
nCOag, where are you finding RR beers anyway? I rarely see it, and when I do it's one of two, I think the damnation and consecration. (or one of those that all sound the same)
NColoradoAG
A couple shops in Greeley have all the sours in stock. They don't sell well up there at $13 a pop. Other than that, they're tough to find. I talked to the owner of Mr. B's last week, and he mentioned that there is no stock sitting around at Elite right now. It seems that CO is in a bit of a dry spell, or RR has some unsual lag between sour batches.

I have a fair amount in my cellar to if you're ever looking for some. I think I have three each of Supplication, Sanctification, Consecration, and Temptation. I also have 2 Beatification's (one courtesy of BSD's extreme generosity)
jetch17
AG
Officially done with work, Seattle bound tomorrow then 7 day Alaskan cruise. Kickin it off with an Alaskan brew, I may swing by the brewery when in Juneau

62strat
AG
dang i figured those cruises were only in dead of summer.. might be a bit colder then when I went in July! AK brewery is not walking distance from where cruise ships drop off.. about 5 miles away, just heads up.
jetch17
AG
I noticed they run shuttles from thier depot store every hour or so. Otherwise I may just hit Red Dog Saloon for some drinks
La Fours
AG
My parents are on an Alaskan cruise right now.

Jetch is going on and old peoples cruise. I hope your hover round is ready. Don't for get your cane and an extra set of teeth. I hear the pudding is very good.
BSD
AG
Jetch has old balls.
jetch17
AG
Not a single F will be given. A week off work, cool weather and eating/drinking my way across the great northwest I'm fine with dealin with oldies. Goin with the inlaws, so the built in babysitter will be nice
62strat
AG
Hah la fours couldn't be further from the truth. When I went there were kids a plenty. Old people don't like excursions that involve being in the mountains. Jetch you have a balcony?

Red dog is a good stop, the old man playing piano is a hit.
jetch17
AG
Yup, balcony-ing it up. Hoping to watch some of the Ags before boarding in Seattle Saturday
Pahdz
where you staying in seattle before you board?
La Fours
AG
Actually, I would like to go on one myself. My folks did a float plane tour that looked awesome. Did some whale watching tour as well.
La Fours
AG
Id like to try the sours too.
NColoradoAG
Lafours, you going to the game?
La Fours
AG
I'll be tailgating. I don't have a ticket. I'll watch the game from the tailgate.
62strat
AG
balcony is the tits, especially when the boat gets into Glacier Bay. Don't even bother with the bow, it is crazy packed.. can't get pictures for nothing. Just sit on your balcony and enjoy. If you aren't facing the right way at first, no worries, after 30 minutes they turn the boat around and hold for another 30 minutes.

I'm on the fence about the whale watching. We did a more private one (just me and my 5 family members), so it was pricey, and you just never know what you're gonna see. we saw nothing more than a couple of tails and blowholes.. Don't get me wrong it was very serene out on that bay, but the whale spotting was a bit scarce.

taking a hike or other nature adventure, you aren't setting yourself up to be letdown.
62strat
AG
also if you have time, go to Pike's Brewing, in pike's market. That place is pretty kick ass.
jetch17
Jason_Ag98
AG
Was in Specs on Brodie in Austin over lunch and they wheeled in a few cases of Dogfish Head 120 Minute while I was there. Looking forward to trying this one.

Also picked up some Boulevard Tank 7 and Ommegang Hennepin. I'll be celebrating/drowning my sorrows after the game tomorrow!
Vernada
AG
Tank 7 is probably one my favorite beers.

Swilling a great go-to this afternoon: Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
jah003
S
Just picked up a Tank 7 to drink tonight... Saw some DFH Punkin, but decided to pass.

Plan on bringing my 512 Burbon Barrel Aged Pecan Porter to the tailgate this weekend as a celebratory/sorrow drowning beer.
Green Fairy
AG
quote:
Dogfish Head 120 Minute

Tried it on draft a few weeks ago. I'm not sure I could drink a full bottle at a time. I typically poured a half pint glass worth. It's a great beer, but really heavy, syrupy/sweet and stout(18ish% ABV).
Jason_Ag98
AG
Definitely agree on the Tank 7, it's one of my favorites as well.

Drinking a Lagunitas Lil' Sumpin' Wild tonight, another favorite. I guess either there was less of it sent to Central Texas or word got out about how awesome this stuff is--it seems harder to find this year.
DonaldFDraper
AG
Lil Sumpin
Devil's Backbone
Old Chub
NColoradoAG
I brought two bottles of Supplication, a bottle of Sanctification, and a bottle of Pliny down for the game. If anyone is going to the game and wants to sample some Russian River, just reply here or PM me. No plans on when to open them.

We tailgate in the Southwest corner of lot H. I'll be in a grey titleist hat

[This message has been edited by NColoradoAG (edited 9/8/2012 7:45a).]
streetfighter2012
AG
NcoAg- I'm over by the vet school but will make my way over there in a bit.
La Fours
AG
Well damn. I got called out to client around 6:15pm on Friday for a computer issue, and didn't finish until 1am. Got home around 2 and forgot to check this thread. Thanks for the offer NColorado.
jock itch
Just found this thread and I'm so jealous of yall right now. I'm "stuck" in Costa Rica for the next month and am so sick of Imperial/Pilsen already.

Fortunately one of the gringo grocery stores has Duvel and a few other decent beers, but they're all like $3-4 a piece. Can't wait to get back to the states!
First Page Last Page
Page 118 of 1791

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.