Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,717,684 Views | 62712 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by SoTxAg
army01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Picked up a reunion '12, several Pctoberfest varieties, and a Weasel Rodeo yesterday.
skippythemagnificent
AG
Karbachtoberfest

tfishtex
AG
Thanks jock, I'll pick those up next time I get beer

And strat, that's pretty cool, you know if the quality of beer has changed any since he left/since they moved from colorado to maryland?
jetch17
AG
A fun afternoon of Petrol Station & tasty brews with BSD
jetch17
AG
Some beverages from today between BSD & I:

- Karbach karbachtoberfest
- Real ale highlander - Pinot barrel aged Scottish ale
- New Belgium Alpine Super IPA
- Avery Beast Super Cru
- RRBC Row 2 Hill 56
- RRBC Pliny the Elder

Throw in a couple of Rancor burgers, twas an epic afternoon

62strat
AG
Tfish, I don't know flying dog used to be my favorite beers. Would get the mix pack back in 08 or so. Actually havent had some in a while. The karbach porter, accordin to Eric, is essentially the same as the gonzo porter.
La Fours
AG
Jetch and BSD:

[This message has been edited by La Fours (edited 9/1/2012 6:08p).]
jetch17
AG
BSD
AG
A Rancor, some solid brews, football, and a nap? That right there is livin'!
army01
AG
Popped open one of my XXIVs tonight. Good, but needs to age. I think overall, I perfer XXIII.

BSD
AG
In addition to the afternoon beers with Jetch, I had a Consecration with dinner while watching football... and since jh0400 was a dick, I opened a Temptation just to spite him.

(in all seriousness jh0400, I can part ways with a Consecration if you want one)
jh0400
AG
quote:
(in all seriousness jh0400, I can part ways with a Consecration if you want one)

I'll gladly buy you a few rounds at Hay Merchant in exchange for one.
duck79
AG
I don't think the quality of flying dog changed with the move. I do know that they had to pull raging b***h out of Texas because they couldn't keep up with the demands. I think that beer is pretty good and their others are just quality beers, nothing great but nothing awful.
BSD
AG
quote:
quote:

I'll gladly buy you a few rounds at Hay Merchant in exchange for one.

That'll work!
Jock 07
AG
Yeah forgot about the raging *****, Belgian IPA right? Pretty good and interesting style
jh0400
AG
Currently enjoying an Avery Salvation. I have to say that I like the Avery/RRBC collaboration better.
BSD
AG
I actually have one RRBC Salvation left. Ive been meaning to have a 3-way with the others but haven't had a chance yet.
62strat
AG
yeh raging ***** is belgian ipa, the first one I had of that style back in summer 2010. Really like the style now.
62strat
AG
Stumbled into a little english pub in downtown Denver called pints pub. Pretty authentic as far as decor and ambiance, and they had several of their own beers that were all english styles, with some on cask. I had the english IPA on cask.. dang, it brought me right back to summer of 2010 when I went to UK. What was cool was a section of the floor was acrylic and you could see down below all the tapped kegs and all the lines.

Anyway, the beer was completely overshadowed by their scotch selection. Waitress said they were pushing 250 bottles, with a couple pours reaching the $1K mark. They even had cask scotch; full strength (60-80% abv) that you add spring water to to bring down to your desired strength.

my pic of the scotches came out blurry, here's a pic from the net:

here's their pdf scotch menu
http://pintspub.com/images/menus/WhiskyBook-Dec-2011-Printcopy.pdf

[This message has been edited by 62strat (edited 9/4/2012 1:21p).]
AggieOO
leaving for wisconsin tomorrow! new glarus, here i come!
BSD
AG
quote:
my pic of the scotches came out blurry

Shocking!!!!
jah003
S
quote:

I'm freakin' jealuous. Enjoy... make sure you drink your weight in Spotted Cow, Fat Squirrel, and Belgian Red.

In other news... I'm ready to be done with the heat. I'm always tempted to pick up a six pack of Tumbler, but just can't do it when its 102 outside.
BSD
AG
quote:

Nice! How long are you up there?
NColoradoAG
62, Pints is so awesome. If you're ever down there around Pints during breakfast, stop in at Dozens across the street. They'll take your name and call you over at Pints while you drink off the hangover, or just want a bloody or AM beer. Dozens has my favorite omelette and bacon in Denver. Fresh squeezed OJ and french pressed coffee too.

[This message has been edited by NColoradoAG (edited 9/4/2012 10:05p).]
AggieOO
quote:
Nice! How long are you up there?

leave austin tomorrow. pick up friend/TA poster in dallas, then get to Wichita. Stay overnight and then finish the drive to Madison thurs.

laying low on friday and saturday. Ironman on Sunday. Drink my face off sunday night, then drive back. Work on Wed.

Not ideal, but we're saving well over a grand by not trying to fly with bikes. I'll probably stock up on beer fri or sat to bring back with me. Next trip up will be more relaxing, as we'll just be going to the girlfriend's parent's place.

good news is that i'm back off the wagon after this race. Fall races really don't jive with football season, but when I registered for this one, we weren't in the SEC. I figured the first two weeks would be BS games.

I've got a lot of beer to drink after sunday. I'm going on a bender.

62strat
AG
mmm.. I'll be there, any other south denver ags? Parry's in highlands ranch.

On tap: Nitro Gknight, Nitro Chub, Nitro Dales Pale Ale, Chaka, Homeskillet, Legends India Brown, Dave’s Pale Ale, Barrel Aged Chub, Barrel Aged Ten Fidy, Barrel Aged Gubna,
Red Wine Barrel Aged Gknight, Chardonnay Wine Barrel Aged Mama’s Lil Yella Pils, Mama’s Lil Yella Pils, Deviant Dale’s, Gubna, and Ten Fidy.

[This message has been edited by 62strat (edited 9/5/2012 12:03p).]
OBannonsPub
AG
FYI, we're tapping a firkin of Karbachtoberfest today at 6pm! This cask is dry hopped with hallertau hops so it'll be interesting to compare it to the draft version.
Pahdz
quote:

12 pack of Spotted Cow...if you still have my email hit me up and I'll give you my address in OKC
cpscAG06
AG
just had fireman's 4 squared firkin at meddlesome moth in Dallas. Delicious
Green Fairy
AG
One bomber of new Belgium / alpine super IPA and 3(ok...make that 5) St arnolds octoberfest should make for a delightful day tomorrow.

[This message has been edited by Green fairy (edited 9/5/2012 10:47p).]
Green Fairy
AG
quote:
Picked up a reunion '12, several Pctoberfest varieties, and a Weasel Rodeo yesterday.

Tried the weasel rodeo yet? I picked one up the other day. I have a drinkin in the sunshine I need to try too.

Any of you turds have tix to Karbachs octoberfest on 10/6? Agmechanic, myself and a few others will be there hozzling beers from our .5L steins.

[This message has been edited by Green fairy (edited 9/5/2012 10:06p).]
jetch17
AG
quote:
new Belgium / alpine super IPA

good stuff!
jetch17
AG
quote:
Any of you turds have tix to Karbachs octoberfest on 10/6?

yep, plan on hitting it up
La Fours
AG
My friend who's from Wisconsin has been holding my New Glarus sampler 12 pack hostage. I'm about to get angry. Well, I can't be too angry, I haven't paid for it yet as I haven't seen her since she's been back. I was disappointed she didn't pick up any Belgian Red for me. That was what I was wanting the most.
NColoradoAG
Anyone going to the game this weekend who wants CO stuff? Odell, Russian River, Firestone Walker, etc.

LaFours, you going?
First Page Last Page
Page 117 of 1792

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.