Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,674,048 Views | 62644 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by Quincey P. Morris
AggieOO
How long do you want to ignore this user?
i brew more than i can drink. and i've been in Ironman Training, so lately i've been drinking very little.
streetfighter2012
AG
Good luck with the rest of your training and your race. It looks like you'll be able to celebrate for a few weeks after finishing.
62strat
AG
aggie00 when i moved I had about 4-5 gallons of homebrew left that I didn't get to drinking.. There was only one thing to do, it was a sad day.
AggieOO
streetfighter - thanks. There will definitely be some celebration afterwards. I'm taking two weeks off before starting my next round of training...and my next round doesn't exclude drinking.

62 - I've thought about what I'd have to do if we ever moved further than across town. Figured I'd just have a party. Hoping to start kegging after we get a bigger place when our lease is up. Right now, we barely have room for the beer and brewing equipment.
proudaggie02
AG
quote:
I didn't have a single one last season, so maybe this is why, but this beer tastes really damn good. Of course it's been getting in the 50s at night here already.. so the season feels close enough for me

I bought some pumpkin beer last week, as I really like drinking them during Fall. The best one I had last year was Tommyknocker. This year's batch is good too, and I also had the Night Owl by Elysian. These two, plus Uinta, make the best pumpkins in my opinion. Shipyard is good too.
gordo97
AG
anybody try the new SA divine release yet? i didn't get one so i was wondering if it sucked donkeys or not?
jetch17
AG
had one on tap when it was released. Was actually damn tasty, ive got some at home that ill let sit for a while and see how it ages a bit.
jah003
S
quote:
anybody try the new SA divine release yet? i didn't get one so i was wondering if it sucked donkeys or not?

I had one a few weeks ago and wasn't terribly impressed. I would say it's certainly worth a try, though. I'm just going to try one a year until I run out and see how things change (I'm guessing since they are meant to age it will be for the better).
bonfirewillburn
AG

so tasty!

Stranger is one of my go to lawn mower beers.

I am drinking a Full Sail Berliner Weiss, probably going to follow up with an Odell Cutthroat Porter.
bonfirewillburn
AG
....wanna ship me some Odell's.... Man I miss that stuff
NColoradoAG
Going to any football games?
BSD
AG
I have yet to try Odell's. I suck.

NColorado, do you ever make it down to Houston? I might be working on a bottle share this fall that could potentially have some beers you've been seeking being poured.
streetfighter2012
AG
+1 for Odell's. They brew some great stuff.
NColoradoAG
I'll be flying into Houston on Fridays for the home games I'm going to, Florida (8/7), LSU (10/19), and Mizzou (11/23).
BSD
AG
Will you be flying out on Sundays? I was thinking of a Sunday afternoon (if you can hang around for another day) at a local bar/restaurant here...between the lunch and dinner crowds. After Mizzou would probably be best for me because of scheduling conflicts on the other games.
62strat
AG
90 shilling has pretty much become one of my go to beers. I find it on tap quite often as well.
La Fours
AG

My friend in Athens just posted on my Facebook page asking if I wanted her to grab me some of this. Chocolate/Peanut butter Porter. I told her to go ahead. Should be interesting. She's slowly collecting Terrapin beers for me to bring back to CS when she comes back to visit.
AggieOO
sounds terrible.
62strat
AG
damn i just got back from Atlanta i totally would have got this if I saw it.

that sounds amazing.
streetfighter2012
AG
Petrol has Avery's Beast on tap. I've never had it, is it worth the 25 minute drive?
La Fours
AG
Of the Terrapin beers she's picked up so far, this one is the one I'm most interested in trying. Just because it's so different from anything I've had before.
jetch17
AG
the Rancor burger is worth the 25 minute drive, plus whatever baller ass brews they have on tap. Enjoy yo'self (but they probably dont open til this afternoon)
TxKng82
AG
streetfighter, I dont know about Avery's Beast but I just had an Avery The Kaiser and man it was damn good. Going to have to go try and find me some bottles.

It's an Imperial Oktoberfest and delicious.
BSD
AG
Just got permission to go RRBC for the Pliny the Younger release next February. I should get vasectomies more often!
jetch17
AG
Awwww shizz
62strat
AG
avery beast is a bit strong for me.. 16%+. I had a 10 ouncer of it, and it took a while to drink. very alcoholy taste. kinda burns your nose hairs as you bring it up to sip.
BSD, there was a pliny the younger tapping at falling rock here in denver a week before I came up here back in march. Man I was pissed. they obviously send it here, so hopefully I'll get to another one.

[This message has been edited by 62strat (edited 8/30/2012 11:15a).]
Green Fairy
AG
Can Petrol Station get some normal f-ing hours. I tried to go after work today(just before 4:30) since I was working in the area this afternoon, and they don't open until 5p. We decided to pack it in and call it a day instead of wait around.
BSD
AG
I swear those guys have the worst hours. They don't have a website to reference and their Facebook page says they open at 2:00. And didn't they say they would be open for lunch once the kitchen was done? WTF?
NColoradoAG
62, Younger releases are a good time! Falling rock, liquids and solids, both cheeky monks, and I want to say Euclid Hall got kegs last year. Choice City and The Mayor of Old Town in Fort Collins both had kegs as well. Looking forward to next Febrary/March when it's around.
tfishtex
AG
Just moved to southern maryland for a job, one local maryland beer is Flying Dog, I picked up the under dog atlantic lager and doggie style pale ale, both are very good in my opinion.
Any body else have flying dog before? I'm trying to figure out which style I should pick up and try next

Ps, it sucks that I can't pick up beer in grocery stores
Jock 07
AG
Damn this thread is hard to keep up with. Celebrating the return of football with an old ruffian. While I'm partial to English barleywines this is a pretty damned outstanding barleywine. On another note I'm flying back for the Florida and coonass games. Any particularly special beer in the tine I should get my hands on while I'm in town? Would I still be able to find 120 anywhere?

Jock 07
AG
Fish Id say double dog & horn dog are pretty decent.

[This message has been edited by Jock 07 (edited 8/31/2012 9:34p).]
BSD
AG
After an impromptu sous vide beef tenderloin dinner party with several bottles of wine, I dug into some recently acquired bottles of beer from San Diego...

62strat
AG
tfishtex, flying dog has been around a while. They used to be in Denver, and the head brewer (Eric Warner) is the guy who is now the head brewer at Karbach, in Houston.
First Page Last Page
Page 116 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.