Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,674,747 Views | 62646 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Jock 07
Vernada
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
File that under first world problems in a third world country.
jock itch
So true.
La Fours
AG
Picked up a Weasel Rodeo today at the HEB by holleman. They also had a ton of Black Butte 24 an a couple bottles of Positive Contact. At the HEB by my house I was able to get a couple of 4 packs of the Southern Star ProAm. Had a pint of it earlier and it was really good.
army01
AG
A few from the game yesterday.....

And had a Burton Baton with leftovers from yesterday's smoke session.
NColoradoAG
I'll be down for LSU and will bring more stuff. Maybe it'll be a little cooler and/or night game so I can bring some barrel aged goodies. I didn't do a great job of communicating. We'll plan it out better next time and get together.

It was nice to meet BSD at Hay Merchant on Friday afternoon. That is a nice little beer bar. BSD, the traffic on 290 was attrocious. How the hell do you get into the HOV lane? I never saw the entrance and fumed a little more each time a car flew by me doing 60mph.
streetfighter2012
AG
NCoAg- sorry about missing you Saturday. I met a guy who was in the corps with my dad at a tailgate, and then lost track of time before the game.
NColoradoAG
No worries! They always make more beer, and I'm always traveling down for a game.
62strat
AG
NCO ag, HOV lanes in houston are ridiculous. As you noticed they aren't open like you see in most cities (the exception is katy freeway, which is only a couple years old).. the entrances and exits are off to the side, not from the mainlanes. So unless you've done it before, you have no idea how to get on them, which is obviously not good for tourists.

[This message has been edited by 62strat (edited 9/10/2012 2:19p).]
NColoradoAG
Strat, I see. We probably drove right by it and didn't notice.
La Fours
AG
Aren't the outbound entrances closer into downtown than the inbound ones? It's like some weird interchange if I'm remembering correctly.
62strat
AG
basically as you were diving on 290, you might have noticed overpassess that weren't freeways, those were the access points. They connect with the huge parking lots for park and ride. at the east end of 290, you have to access it from the surface streets/feeder.

It's terrible system, in the HOV lane, if a car breaks down or wrecks, you can see the potential for disaster.. there is no way in or out.

[This message has been edited by 62strat (edited 9/10/2012 3:48p).]
NColoradoAG
quote:
It's terrible system, in the HOV lane, if a car breaks down or wrecks, you can see the potential for disaster.. there is no way in or out.

Hadn't thought of that, but yeah, that would be a serious charlie foxtrot.
Dinkin Flicka

I am enjoying one of these harpoon oktoberfests right, not too shabby
streetfighter2012
AG
Check out Petrol station and hay merchants Facebook pages for a good laugh.
proudaggie02
AG
62strat,

Oskar Blue's is having a tap takeover at Parry's on University/Lincoln & Highlands Ranch this Saturday from 11-11. 15+ beers, most of which are barrel-aged or nitro.
bonfirewillburn
AG
2 cases made it to Abilene today,

I got my share!

AG
Damn! I don't think I've ever seen that much 120 show up in CS; if ever really.
La Fours
AG
I'll have to talk to the local Specs beer guy and see if he's getting any 120 in soon.
BSD
AG
Just catching up...
On Friday I met up with NColorado and his brother at Hay Merchant after they landed for a few quick beers.  I hit up the Karbacktoberfest, Buffalo Bayou DIPA and Moylans NorCal cask IPA.  They were all decent beers but I can't say I was overly impressed with any of them.

Saturday was game day so I needed a beer with a good game face.  Zombie Dust it was!  (thanks NCol)

After that were a few Pliny's (down to 2 left), a Supplication, and some Racer 5.  The beer was good, the game could have been better.

BSD
AG
quote:
2 cases made it to Abilene today,

I got my share!

Oh snap!
Pahdz
So we determined that St. Arnolds brews for some of the BJ's out there. I determined our BJ's here in OKC gets their beer from St. Arnolds. Does SA just brew to a certain BJ's recipe, or are SA beers rebranded as BJ's beers?
AggieOO
i definitely broke the law:

24 pack spotted cow
12 pack spotted cow
New Glarus sampler (spotted cow, totally naked, two women, fat squirrel)
4 pack New Glarus Saison
6 pack new glaruss moon man
6 pack new glarus laughing fox
6 pack Berghoff Solstice Wit (Monroe, WI) - it was 2.99 for a 6er
Lakefront Pummpkin Lager (Milwaukee)
Create your own 6 pack of: New Glarus Black Top, Capital Brewery Winter Skal, 3 Floyds Gumballhead, Capital Brewery Hop Cream, O'so 3rd Wheel, & O'so The Big O
750ml New Glarus Belgian Red
22oz Rhinelander Brewing Mystical Jack
22oz Rhinelander Brewing Imperial Jack
22oz Rhinelander Brewing Chocolate Bunny
BSD
AG
Mother of God!
AggieOO
and I took a sampler of my beer up to my gf's dad. He's thoroughly impressed with what I brought and suggested the idea of having an ongoing trade of my homebrew for new glarus via shipping.

now i just need to get her brother (in LA) on board to ship me some of the cali beers and I'll be set.
bonfirewillburn
AG
Nice!!!

Why do I always fell like I'm at the kiddy table when I post in here.......

AG
quote:
So we determined that St. Arnolds brews for some of the BJ's out there. I determined our BJ's here in OKC gets their beer from St. Arnolds. Does SA just brew to a certain BJ's recipe, or are SA beers rebranded as BJ's beers?

I posted an email from Brock explaining this

http://texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?forum_id=67&topic_id=1930360&message_id=32317430&hi=1#r32317430

BJ's was around before saint arnold, so they are def. not re-branded S.A. beers, considering the Bj's in most states do actually brew their own beers. They are corporate recipes, not S.A's.

proudaggie, yeh I posted the tap list on bottom of page 117. Not sure if we're going yet, we may end up in Vail for Oktoberfest, but if not, that is first on the list to do

[This message has been edited by 62strat (edited 9/12/2012 10:30a).]
cpscAG06
AG
DFH 120 has hit Dallas. Limit 2 bottles per customer at Total Wine and Specs on 75.
BSD
AG
HEB Bunker Hill has it now a well with a 2 bottle limit. $10/btl
BSD
AG
Specs Spring Valley has it too according to my drunk neighbor. I called and confirmed it.
Pahdz
Anyone tried Boulevard's 80 Acre Hoppy Wheat Beer? Had some last weekend, it's really good.
62strat
AG
my fav. little brewery close to home is about to brew an IPL. India pale lager.. Curious to try that one.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Going to be in Sacramento this weekend for a wedding. Any tips?
BSD
AG
For Ninja:

http://russianriverbrewing.com/sacramento-area-distributor/
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
'preciate it.
Unemployed
AG
Got a sixer of the Nitro Milk Stout from Left Hand Brewing Co.

Pretty good.
First Page Last Page
Page 119 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.