A look at the Corps of Cadets Association - Where your donor dollars go

16,248 Views | 172 Replies | Last: 12 yr ago by Dirk Diggler
mcrews
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Big jim said "If the Commandant doesn't need this kind of money, It could be used for scholarships."

really.
Maybe, you can show use where in the charter documents CCA is allowed to do scholarships?

Or like you posts, they can just blurt thinjgs out??????

Really, Have you not read ANY of the posts???
THEY DON"T DO SCHOLARSHIPS!!!!!!!

Why is it that you older ags, with time on your hands, feel like you can just 'post' and that's that? Why don't YOU call Don and ask him, and then post us the answer?
Why cant you take some personal responsibilty and do some leg work.
Maybe you are offended by my obvious tone....but am a offended by your lack of desire to do anything except whine. Which is exactly what it is when you don't do anything.

Frankly, the BBB is a joke. Why do i care what they think?
Do you even know the history of the cca? and what they went thru to get to where they are today?
Are you aware that 80% of all money given to Texas A&M and the AFS and the Foundation come from former cadets?
And none of the $$$ goes to support the Corps?
Where is your AGGIE uotrage??? Yet you let the BBB control what your brain thinks?

Come on.

bqaggie86
Mcrews, do you realize that every single time you misspell out? I've noticed that in all your post
mcrews
that would be 'all my posts'.....plural with an s.

Yeah it's one of those dislexia things that haunts me....
EGA
If you have an issue with the CCA, just wait till you have a nephew or something join the corps, and support him directly. That's what I plan on doing. I don't really have any issues with the CCA, I just like being in control of my money. Although the 6 figure salary bothers me a little....

[This message has been edited by EGA (edited 12/26/2011 10:34a).]
BeBopAg
Time to put it all in the rear view mirror.

Pay your dues, smile, ask no questions.

[This message has been edited by BeBopAg (edited 12/29/2011 2:45p).]
mcrews
Bop,
REALLY.
you said 'ask no questions'

Who gave that advise?
Ask all the questions you want!
Call CCA directly, don't hide behind a computer and talk to them.
Bop, Between you and rayn, this whole thing got blown way out of proportion.
Don't start back up.

[This message has been edited by mcrews (edited 12/29/2011 7:02p).]
BeBopAg
"Ignorance is the curse of God; knowledge is the wing wherewith we fly to heaven."
W. Shakespeare (Henry VI)

Otherwise don't ask, don't tell, don't publish ? O.K..
mcrews
Bop,
Maybe you should just take an online course in direct communication.
BeBopAg
Look, have it your way. O.K. ?

"Knowledge is the curse of God; ignorance is the wing wherewith we fly to heaven."
(anon)
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
mcrews, post the Charter, please.
mcrews
you old farts are lazy......
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
you brought it up.
mcrews
yeah, I also told you to get of your lazy XXX and call......

how'd that work?
BeBopAg
Charter ? What Charter ?

Bop would like to Internet see the how, when, and where a CCA - BOD is nominated and elected (terms of office).

If the BOD votes for a six-seven figure ED, well, so be it.

If the BOD says 12 cents of every dollar directly to the Corps is enough, well, so be it too.

Seems the 990 CCA dues-paying, contributing membership is due some form of annual periodic print transparency w/o an individual phone call inquiry.

'Course could be, knowledge IS the curse of God.
mcrews
wow......

bob....go back to page one.
now shut up.

You got your 990. but you and others didn't like it. so (given you maturity level) you whined and cried.

Now we are back full cirlce.....
'whining about want to see a 990.'

VOTE. give or don't give. that's your only choice. The CCA dosent owe you a thing.
BeBopAg
"The truth is incontrovertable. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is."
mcrews
Bop

You right the TRUTH always carries the day.
TRUTH: there is no pension plan.
TRUTH: the CCA gives 100% OF ALL MONEY REQUESTED
TRUTH: There are posters with agendas
TRUTH: THe CCA has fulfilled all obligations required to provide transparency.
TRUTH: There are lazy posters who would rather whine about lies then pick up the phone and get clarification.

YOu seem to think that the CCA should be 'more transparent.....Who defines that? you or ryan or the lazy old guys?
The 990 is the required form.
If there is something more you want to know....pick up the phone.
THe cluelessness of those of you who want the CCA to come to this form (OR HOW MANY OTHERS) with the their hat in hand on bended knees is really surprising.
BeBopAg
crew...

Back on 12/30/11 at 4:22pm, BigJim49AustinNowDallas politely asked for the posting of a CCA Charter (otherwise - Constitution, Rules & By-Laws, Articles of Association).

Have a copy handy ?

Ever receive a ballot and cast a vote in a CCA-BOD member election ?

[This message has been edited by BeBopAg (edited 1/1/2012 2:11p).]
bqaggie86
Also, back on 12/8 a request was made of theCCA to recalculate the donation % factoring in the pass through amount. theCCA said they would pass this request on to the Executive Director.
BeBopAg
bqaggie86...
Perhaps theCCA is not THE CCA but only a feint ?
mcrews
You people are foolish.
Why does the cca have to 'post' their charter?
Just to prove how foolish bigjim is? The issue was "bigjim blurting out scholarships" (like he can do something about it) Their mission does not invovle 'scholarships'. That's the point. Why doesnt bigjim blurt out mortgages, or grants.....it would be just as senseless.

Why would I vote on the BOD? I'm not on the board.

And the request was passed on to the Director.

And unlike those who have nothing better to do. He has a job. If and when he posts is entirely up to him.
Surely, in your 'minds' you really don't expect him to drop everything to make you happy?

[This message has been edited by mcrews (edited 1/1/2012 9:59p).]
hbc07
AG
mcrews... no one asked the cca to post the charter, they asked you.
bqaggie86
Plus, a major part of the ED's job is fund raising. In order to raise said funds, he has to make those with the money (us) feel confident that our money is being spent wisely. This is why he should spend the 30 minutes needed to calculate the adjusted amount taking into account the pass through funding
BeBopAg
crews...
Was it foolish for BigJim49AustinNowDallas to politely ask to see a CCA Charter (or a Constitution, or Rules & Regulations, or Articles of Association) ?

If there is no Charter (nor Constitution, Rules & Regulations or Articles of Association) please let BigJim49AustinNowDallas know something. Thanks.

[This message has been edited by BeBopAg (edited 1/2/2012 11:21a).]
BeBopAg
Sorry - BigJim49AustinNowDallas...

Perhaps your Charter inquiry was just way too tough to handle ?

[This message has been edited by BeBopAg (edited 1/2/2012 7:31p).]
Comeby!
AG
Mcrews
You are doing more harm to tarnish the image of the CCA than anything. Your condescending posts and wild vigor imply that you are a representative or close personal friend of the CCA staff. As a member of the CCA and outfit representative I ask that you tap the brakes, or at least spell check your posts.
Ol Jock 99
AG
I'm late to this party, but the 1st post is a bit misleading from a financial reporting prospective. The Cost of Goods Sold need to be broken out separately from straight admin to get a true picture of where donations are going. Nevertheless...that's a LOT of salary/admin costs...
BeBopAg
BigJim49AustinNowDallas...

This might not answer your inquiry adequately but it may, in some way, help. (Partial excerpt from: The Texas A&M AFS Charter, Constitution, Rules & By-Laws or Articles of Association).

ASSOCIATION LEADERSHIP
Our Leadership Council is the governing body of The Association of Former Students. By virtue of its right to elect our organization's Board of Directors, this group ensures the programs and operations of The Association are consistent with our charter and are in the best interest of The Association.
Leadership Council members are official volunteer representatives of the Association of Former Students among the various Clubs, Classes, Areas and Constitutent Networks from which the Council's members are elected.
In accordance with the Association's Bylaws, each member of the Leadership council must be an Active Member (someone who contributes the minimum gift to our Annual fund each year) and is expected to attend at least one regularly scheduled semi-annual Council meeting each year. During these meetings, current information on the activities of The Association and Texas A&M University is presented, and business requiring Council approval is carried out. In addition, development sessions are held to exchange ideas, views and suggestions.
Our Leadership Council is comprised of ten groups:

1) The Association's Board of Directors
The Board of Directors of The Association of Former Students is elected each year at our Fall Leadership Council Meeting and takes office on January 1 of the following year. Our Board is composed of The Association's Executive Committee, which consists of the Chair, immediate Past Chair, Chair Elect, President and CEO (who is a non-voting member of the Executive committee and Board) and no more than 14 Directors.
2) Living Past Chairs of The Association
3) President of the Sul-Ross Group
4) Class Agents
5) A&M Club Presidents
6) Area, National and International Representatives
7) Representatives-at-Large
The Chair of the Board may appoint up to thirty (30) non-voting Representatives-at-Large each year for a three-year term. Representative persons appointed can include any state or federal elected official who are former students and other friends of Texas A&M or The Association
8) The President of each Class on the Texas A&M Campus
9) Student Loan Fund Trustees
10) Constituent Network Representative

Note: A detailed AFS Governance Charter and By-Laws may be found at:

http://www.aggienetwork.com/media/guides/Documents/Governing%20Documents

[This message has been edited by BeBopAg (edited 1/3/2012 12:15p).]
BeBopAg
P.S. BigJim49AustinNowDallas...

You may note from content of the previous FSA related post, "elect or elected" is mentioned on five (5) separate occasions.
BeBopAg
So, passion for a CCA Charter, Constitution, Rules & ByLaws or Articles of Association was just a passing fancy.

Well, let it rest !
Quad Dog
AG
quote:
Their mission does not invovle 'scholarships'.

Am I the only one asking why not? OK, yes the CCA supplies everything The Corps asks for, and then some. But if there is any left over, should some of that go to scholarships? Even if the CCA can't give scholarships because of some legal/tax mubojumbo I don't understand the CCA could still donate extra money to Texas A&M Foundation earmarked for the many Corps Scholarships set up already. http://corps.tamu.edu/scholarships

[This message has been edited by Quad Dog (edited 1/12/2012 11:20a).]

[This message has been edited by Quad Dog (edited 1/12/2012 11:21a).]
BeBopAg
Must be good reason why thread gone dead ?

Shear exhaustion of interest ?
Insignificant ?
Immaterial ?
Non-factual ?
Info void ?
Best to move on.

[This message has been edited by BeBopAg (edited 1/20/2012 4:49p).]
BarnesCat11
AG
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXjYB9tt7yQ
Dirk Diggler
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.