Popcorn Ceilings Have Asbestos

7,086 Views | 35 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AgLA06
'03ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AgLA06 said:

'03ag said:

AgLA06 said:

sts7049 said:

i have not. why?

I'd suggest you do so at your first opportunity. It will be nothing like you expect based on the scare tactics and cost. I wouldn't be surprised if someone like that OP does a better and more professional job.
dammit.

Just my professional opinion. Your mileage may very. However, my experience with it is in a much more regulated industry than residential. It's become a joke in industry circles.
Do you mind giving me a bit of a rundown how I would DIY? I know there's lots of info on the internet, but I'd like a little confirmation. My wife is kinda starting to freak out over the thought of us doing it.
AgLA06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
'03ag said:

AgLA06 said:

'03ag said:

AgLA06 said:

sts7049 said:

i have not. why?

I'd suggest you do so at your first opportunity. It will be nothing like you expect based on the scare tactics and cost. I wouldn't be surprised if someone like that OP does a better and more professional job.
dammit.

Just my professional opinion. Your mileage may very. However, my experience with it is in a much more regulated industry than residential. It's become a joke in industry circles.
Do you mind giving me a bit of a rundown how I would DIY? I know there's lots of info on the internet, but I'd like a little confirmation. My wife is kinda starting to freak out over the thought of us doing it.

My advice is don't do it yourself if you're not comfortable doing it. Especially if you're wife freaking out. If you can afford it, hire it out.

Whether that is remediation or any other contractor, that's up to you.

You've received some good advice already on how to do it yourself. Pump sprayer and keep it damp. It's essentially the same process for popcorn ceilings regardless of material. Mask / Goggle up and wear the disposable suits.

Personally, if I'm not going remediation, I'm just hiring a general demo contractor instead of doing it myself. Scraping popcorn ceilings sucks. It's hell on your neck and shoulders and material is falling on you the entire time.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.