***** The Masters *****

148,661 Views | 2255 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by lazuras_dc
Kansas Kid
How long do you want to ignore this user?
JCA1 said:

1872walker said:

JCA1 said:

Sam's not the longest and this course is about to play a lot longer. His short irons are about to become mid irons and his mid irons are about to become long irons. Gonna be interesting to see how he responds today.

Those who played early yesterday get the benefit of watching the televised coverage now and get the chance to see how the course is playing and game plan accordingly.

Absolutely. But hitting 5 irons in the rain and cold is no picnic. I suspect the long hitters will have a pretty good advantage this afternoon.

This is going to be a challenge for Sam given he is one of the shortest drivers in the field.
45-70Ag
AG
bagger05 said:

45-70Ag said:

That shot by Thomas looked like me
That beautiful low hook by Thomas between the trees did NOT look like me.

Yeah that errant shot that endangers someone else on another hole, sadly…….I'm known to have that shot
concac
AG
bagger05 said:

45-70Ag said:

That shot by Thomas looked like me
That beautiful low hook by Thomas between the trees did NOT look like me.
It looked like me on the tee box.
1872walker
JT

Let's make a putt.
1872walker
Looks like Bennett will likely get paired with Morikawa
David_Puddy
AG
When will streaming coverage resume?
Ag_07
AG
Have they said when Rd 3 will start or won't know until they regroup everyone?
CCred92
AG
It's on espn+ Now
Out in Left Field
AG
Rahm putts it in from off the green on 17
CCred92
AG
Cut now at+3
Choobadooba
JT saves Tiger by moving the cut to +3
Cannon Crew Ag
AG
JT a man of the people
1872walker
Choowey said:

JT saves Tiger by moving the cut to +3

Wonderful
bagger05
AG
I haven't seen anything. I guess they would've at least given an estimate so folks would've known what time to start warming up and all.
Hubert J. Farnsworth
Thanks alot Thomas. Now we will have to watch out of contention Tiger limp himself around the course the next 2 days.
HeyAbbott
AG
Powerbelly jinxed it
Kansas Kid
Looks like Bennett will be in the final group since they will likely go with theeesomes to get more play in today.
1872walker
No. Koepka and Rahm
whisperingbill
Sam is going to be in the last group.
AgLA06
AG
Kansas Kid said:

Looks like Bennett will be in the final group

With expected groups of 3.
1872walker
Ah. I hadn't read they'd gone to 3s. I figured with the earlier start they'd be able to continue with twosomes.
beerad12man
AG
Wow. So Bennett goes from playing with Scheffler/Homa to Rahm/Koepka. Arguably even more name firepower in majors
AgLA06
AG
beerad12man said:

Wow. So Bennett goes from playing with Scheffler/Homa to Rahm/Koepka. Arguably even more name firepower in majors

And more importantly, 2 shots clear of 4th because of the weather he avoided. That's huge.
HeyAbbott
AG
The are just trying to finish the last few groups and then probably have to suspend play due to the heavier rain coming down
bagger05
AG
Holy smokes -- not sure if anyone missed that graphic but late tee times are collectively 70 shots worse than the early times.
beerad12man
AG
Regardless of what happens it's an incredible experience
Kansas Kid
beerad12man said:

So how was your week? I got to play Augusta National all week with three of the top 5 players in the world and a 4 time major champion.
birdman
I think 18th hole is hardest scoring hole this year. Need a birdie from JT to knock out Tiger.
bagger05
AG
From where he is he would probably be THRILLED with a par.
snowaggie
Hubert J. Farnsworth said:

Thanks alot Thomas. Now we will have to watch out of contention Tiger limp himself around the course the next 2 days.
Tiger will officially say he's thrilled to keep his cut record alive, but his expression and body language can't help but scream 180 degrees the opposite.
HeyAbbott
AG
Brooks got the good end of the draw in the first 2 rounds but luck plays a factor in golf with the weather and tee times.
bagger05
AG
I think the way Rahm played in these conditions you gotta like him to win.
beerad12man
AG
Koepka got the better weather draw. But rahm has also had 3 errant tee shots this round and been fortunate to have a decent line to recover on all of them. Especially the one on 9. That was extremely lucky and turned out to be at least a 2 shot kick out.

Watching koepkas entire second round I felt like he left 2-3 shots out there and could have shot another 65. I feel like rahm could easily be 2-3 shots the other way. But weather does factor in to that
bagger05
AG
This is some tough luck for these guys that are finishing. If this was in the middle of the round there's no way they'd be playing in this. But I understand you gotta get the second round wrapped up.
45-70Ag
AG
I like watching tiger play, some of its nostalgia and some of it's hoping to see him do well. Having said that, not sure i want to see every hole he plays for the next two rounds

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.