***** The Masters *****

148,220 Views | 2255 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by lazuras_dc
spadilly
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
aginlakeway
AG
Buck Compton said:

A couple guys with chainsaws are about to make quick work of those and by the time patrons are back, you'll hardly know that a tree fell there. Crazy how good the grounds crew is there.

It's insane actually. Almost as impressive as the restroom attendants.
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
Shelton98
AG
Buck Compton said:

A couple guys with chainsaws are about to make quick work of those and by the time patrons are back, you'll hardly know that a tree fell there. Crazy how good the grounds crew is there.
I could hear the chainsaws going in the featured groups.
Big Al 1992
AG
On the live feed you already heard chainsaws while they just showed stock footage of azaleas. Now playing earlier action.
Big Al 1992
AG
aginlakeway said:

Buck Compton said:

The restroom attendants are unmatched at Augusta.
aginlakeway
AG
Big Al 1992 said:

aginlakeway said:

Buck Compton said:

Maybe by parking lot organizing committee.
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cqv47-UuzaY/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
HeyAbbott
AG
Greg Norman hearing they needed some chainsaw help at Augusta National.
aginlakeway
AG
Are we done playing until Sunday now?
HeyAbbott
AG
Might be looking that way.
beerad12man
AG
Would they do that just from rain? Wind is supposed to die down after 7 and be much less tomorrow. No lightning predicted
Bondag
AG
beerad12man said:

Would they do that just from rain? Wind is supposed to die down after 7 and be much less tomorrow. No lightning predicted

That is saturated ground and wind.
HeyAbbott
AG
Hard to say what The Masters competition committee will do. I think they want to make sure the competition is fair across the board weather wise. Sunday is looking better than it did 2 days ago.
Big Al 1992
AG
Play suspended for the day.
milner79
Big Al 1992 said:

aginlakeway said:

Buck Compton said:

Nary a skid mark shall be seen.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Now that we are delayed I have a lodging question for those that have gone. Has anyone been able to book about 11 months out on points for a hotel or are the rates all jacked for the following year because the dates are set?
aginlakeway
AG
AgOutsideAustin said:

Now that we are delayed I have a lodging question for those that have gone. Has anyone been able to book about 11 months out on points for a hotel or are the rates all jacked for the following year because the dates are set?

Yes. But beware of hotels not honoring that cheap rate when you show up. Not kidding.
DannyDuberstein
AG
My best luck has been finding something a bit better/cheaper 2-3 months before due to likely cancellations. I haven't found any unicorns though, points or no points including looking a year out. I usually book something and then keep checking. Augusta is kind of a dump and they gotta make their nut that week, so it's not quite like an A&M football game slipping past a hotel that isn't quite on their game yet
DannyDuberstein
AG
Now that no one is hurt, hypothetical time: would you take your chances with a tree falling on you if compensation was membership at AN?
Nom de Plume
AG
I thought those were leaf blowers we heard fire up and head out on the Featured Groups channel.
aginlakeway
AG
Bennett said Ridgewood was tougher than "this place."
cgh1999
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Now that no one is hurt, hypothetical time: would you take your chances with a tree falling on you if compensation was membership at AN?

That tree falls on you, you wouldn't be alive to enjoy your membership.
aginlakeway
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

No.
FTAG 2000
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

I guess if it transferred to your next of kin. They are lucky the ground's crew is just cleaning up trees and not bodies.
johnnyblaze36
AG
bagger05 said:

Best week of the year. Field is set. Odds from Vegas Insider:

Sam Bennett +100000

Wish I'd taken a flyer on this (did pick him in a six tier pool). $100 to win 100K or $10 to win 10K is a pretty solid ROI.
whisperingbill
DannyDuberstein said:

how big of "a tree" ?
johnnyblaze36
AG
aginlakeway said:

Ridgewood in Waco?
whisperingbill
johnnyblaze36 said:

aginlakeway said:

Ridgewood in Waco?
Yes. That one.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
aginlakeway said:

AgOutsideAustin said:

Yes. But beware of hotels not honoring that cheap rate when you show up. Not kidding.

Not a cheap rate, booked on points? Has anyone booked on points?
98Ag99Grad
AG
If for some reason they don't play tomorrow at all will they do 36+ holes Sunday or play a full 18 Monday?
DannyDuberstein
AG
Okay, so it doesn't fall directly on you, but a branch flies off and stabs you in the taint. Fred Ridley is nearby with a Masters golf towel, applies pressure to stop the bleeding, and you are good after some stitches and a weekend of watching the Masters on the couch. But it's all on video and all over twitter. Instead of membership, you get a lifetime badge for the tournament. That said, you are forever "guy that got treed in the taint at the Masters". Take that deal?
Buck Compton
AG
7:00 AM CST scheduled resumption of play tomorrow. Last group has a full 9 to play, so maybe have round 3 pairings and cut line finalized by 9:30 if they're lucky.

Will they play the third round with threesomes to help getting the third round in tomorrow?

I don't think there's nearly as much wind or lightning forecast for tomorrow.
aginlakeway
AG
Buck Compton said:

7:00 AM CST scheduled resumption of play tomorrow. Last group has a full 9 to play, so maybe have round 3 pairings and cut line finalized by 9:30 if they're lucky.

Will they play the third round with threesomes to help getting the third round in tomorrow?

Going off both tees more likely than threesomes.
Buck Compton
AG
aginlakeway said:

Buck Compton said:

Going off both tees more likely than threesomes.
That's right, I forgot they've done that several times before. Leaders go off 1, back of the pack goes off 10.

Supposed to be low fifties and raining, so doesn't sound like fun for anyone, especially potentially playing up to 27 holes. Late/early groups with the huge advantage.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Hopefully the rain stays light enough and lightning far enough out to get a decent chunk in. Still concerned it could largely be a wash-out until Sunday

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.