***** The Masters *****

148,247 Views | 2255 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by lazuras_dc
1872walker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
lazuras_dc
AG
Much funnier than whatever other video was posted earlier. That poster is class of '25 though so what can you expect. I'm an old and out of touch I suppose.
CapCity12thMan
AG
yes I know how it works, which is why I thought it was cool it ended up that way.
lazuras_dc
AG
A reporter told Rahm he was the first European to win both a Masters and US open, right?

I checked with ChatGPT bc like Rahm I felt like that was hard to believe. Unless I misunderstood the question.

Seve Ballesteros won the Masters in 1980 and 1983, and the U.S. Open in 1983. Bernhard Langer won the Masters in 1985 and 1993, and the U.S. Open in 1990. Sandy Lyle won the Masters in 1988 and the U.S. Open in 1985. These three golfers are among the most successful European players in the history of professional golf.
Sea Speed
AG
So not only not the first euro, not even the first spaniard?
lazuras_dc
AG
Wow Have to fact ChatGPT --totally full of it Seve never won US open - he won the British Open and same with Lyle. , Bernhard never won anything but the Masters twice
Goldie Wilson
lazuras_dc said:

Seve Ballesteros won the Masters in 1980 and 1983, and the U.S. Open in 1983. Bernhard Langer won the Masters in 1985 and 1993, and the U.S. Open in 1990. Sandy Lyle won the Masters in 1988 and the U.S. Open in 1985. These three golfers are among the most successful European players in the history of professional golf.

DannyDuberstein
AG
ChatGPT also told me that Eric Cartman was the only Colorado resident to win the Masters and US Open
JCA1
AG
Seve should have been the giveaway. No way Rahm doesn't know what majors Seve won.
MAROON
AG
It's actually pretty amazing to think about but then you see the list of US Open winners and the number of Euros on that list is very small. Although four of the last 10 are Euros so maybe #2 to accomplish it will come about - and those four don't include Rory.

Justin Rose, Martin Kaymer, Matt Fitzpatrick and Rory are on the clock to join Rahm
98Ag99Grad
AG
Quote:

This is completely wrong. Seve has won the Matsters and British, not US Open. Langher has only won Masters. Sandy Lyle same as Seve.
lazuras_dc
AG
98Ag99Grad said:

Quote:

This is completely wrong. Seve has won the Matsters and British, not US Open. Langher has only won Masters. Sandy Lyle same as Seve.

Hence why I said chatGPT was wrong as soon as I fact checked it. I guess the moral of the story is don't rely on AI bots even for simple information!
Quinn
AG
The article title is self-deprecating, but I enjoyed this read about his round at Augusta. Andy runs The Fried Egg, a golf website/podcast that often focuses on golf architecture.

https://thefriedegg.com/augusta-national-media-lottery/
Sazerac
AG
Nice write up
aginlakeway
AG
Quinn said:

The article title is self-deprecating, but I enjoyed this read about his round at Augusta. Andy runs The Fried Egg, a golf website/podcast that often focuses on golf architecture.

https://thefriedegg.com/augusta-national-media-lottery/

Great article.

That's how I played in 1994. I won the media lottery. If you cover the event long enough, you have a decent chance! You're supposed to be "ineligible" after playing as a media member, but I know of one media guy who has won it twice.
lazuras_dc
AG
I saw Rick Sheils got to play this year. I Assume they're limping in YouTube personalities and podcasters in with media.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.