***** The Masters *****

148,623 Views | 2255 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by lazuras_dc
45-70Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
JCA1 said:

The subair systems are humming. You can hear them on the broadcast. I suspect they can keep the greens playable.

I kept hearing that and turning the volume down to figure out if that noise was in my house. Then it dawned on me what it is.
1872walker
Matsui
AG
Fun watching these guys navigate thru tough conditions
JCA1
AG
Saw a cool stat. Couples has made the cut 31 times. That means he's spent 2 months of his life playing weekend golf at The Masters. Crazy.
bagger05
AG
Sam Bennett has officially locked up low amateur. None of the other amateurs in the tournament will make the cut.
1872walker
Love that attitude.

Tailgate88
AG
Good for Freddy!
45-70Ag
AG
Saw a tweet yesterday that said it's going to be a little awkward when people in the crowd start yelling beat the hell outta koepka.
bagger05
AG
JT is lucky it's raining.
Buck Compton
AG
bagger05 said:

Sam Bennett has officially locked up low amateur. None of the other amateurs in the tournament will make the cut.
Yep, it's been academic for awhile now, but after this morning it's official.

Going to be in Butler cabin on Sunday (or Monday) no matter what! First goal accomplished, now he can go keep making noise and try to at least shoot even in terrible conditions today (if they get the full round in). I think 72 is a fantastic score today
bagger05
AG
Rahm's drive on 15 carried 254. Patrick Reed had 210 into 18. Kinda illustrates what they're going to be dealing with.
JCA1
AG
Sam's not the longest and this course is about to play a lot longer. His short irons are about to become mid irons and his mid irons are about to become long irons. Gonna be interesting to see how he responds today.
bagger05
AG
If two of Woods, Thomas, and Im drop another shot that would move the cut to +3.
aginlakeway
AG
Woods needs par on 18 to make the cut.
bagger05
AG
Rahm-Koepka might be a fantastic weekend showdown.
45-70Ag
AG
Dang, that tee shot won't help woods
CCred92
AG
Not a good start.
Tailgate88
AG
Ouch.
bagger05
AG
Woods is in the woods on 18.
Buck Compton
AG
45-70Ag said:

Dang, that tee shot won't help woods
Staring bogey in the face there. Going to need some help from Im/Thomas. These conditions are going to punish wayward drives even more
BayAg_14
Looking like no Tiger this weekend.
1872walker
BayAg_14 said:

Not a bad thing for those who care to watch those nearer to the top of the leaderboard.
bagger05
AG
Fantastic chip by Thomas on 16.
1872walker
JCA1 said:

Sam's not the longest and this course is about to play a lot longer. His short irons are about to become mid irons and his mid irons are about to become long irons. Gonna be interesting to see how he responds today.

Those who played early yesterday get the benefit of watching the televised coverage now and get the chance to see how the course is playing and game plan accordingly.
powerbelly
AG
BayAg_14 said:

Love it. We will actually get to watch other golfers instead of Tiger struggling near last.
Buck Compton
AG
1872walker said:

BayAg_14 said:

Not a bad thing for those who care to watch those nearer to the top of the leaderboard.
Exactly,

And a bogey still may have him playing, some difficult holes still coming up for Im and Thomas
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
powerbelly said:

BayAg_14 said:

Love it. We will actually get to watch other golfers instead of Tiger struggling near last.
I am with you. I only want to see Tiger if he is competing. I don't want them cutting from the leaders to see Tiger hit a standard approach shot on every hole.
David_Puddy
AG
So after they finish this round, how soon until streaming coverage fire back up? I don't imagine they'll be taking much of a break
CCred92
AG
JT may give one up for tiger
Choobadooba
JT with a bad drive on 17, could push the cut to +3
JCA1
AG
1872walker said:

JCA1 said:

Those who played early yesterday get the benefit of watching the televised coverage now and get the chance to see how the course is playing and game plan accordingly.

Absolutely. But hitting 5 irons in the rain and cold is no picnic. I suspect the long hitters will have a pretty good advantage this afternoon.
HeyAbbott
AG
Not so fast my friends
45-70Ag
AG
That shot by Thomas looked like me
1872walker
bagger05
AG
45-70Ag said:

That shot by Thomas looked like me
That beautiful low hook by Thomas between the trees did NOT look like me.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.