Cam Champ

26,443 Views | 217 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Ervin Burrell
EKUAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looks like Champ is going to replace Kevin Chappell in the QBE Shootout. He will partner with Kevin Kisner. Finau is partnering with Lexi again.
Yesterday
AG
Killin Me Smalls
12thmanfootball
AG
More exciting entry into the PGA tour that Tiger!!!!!!!
Marauder Blue 6
AG
12thmanfootball said:

Based on what, other than your maroon-colored glasses? Tiger missed less cuts and had more wins that Cam through the same number of events in their careers.
AgLA06
AG
Marauder Blue 6 said:

12thmanfootball said:

Based on what, other than your maroon-colored glasses? Tiger missed less cuts and had more wins that Cam through the same number of events in their careers.

22 years ago. Tiger fan boys are almost old enough for social security.
PJYoung
AG
Marauder Blue 6 said:

12thmanfootball said:

Tiger is the only golfer to have won twice in the first 10 events of his professional career.

Cam still has a few more bites at that apple but it will be tougher now that the fall season is done.
PJYoung
AG
Champ wins $300,000 through RSM Birdies Fore Love program

Quote:

Quote:

PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla., SEA ISLAND, Ga. and CHICAGO RSM US LLP ("RSM") title sponsor of The RSM Classic since its debut in 2010 announced that Cameron Champ has won $300,000 through the Birdies Fore Love charitable giving competition for recording the most birdies (or better) over the first eight events of the 2018-19 PGA TOUR Season. As part of the program, the money will be donated to Champ's charity of choice, The Cameron Champ Foundation in support of STEM education and youth golf.

The top three players who accumulated the most birdies (or better), beginning with the Safeway Open in Napa, California, and concluding at The RSM Classic in Sea Island, Georgia, were awarded with $300,000, $150,000 and $50,000, respectively, for charitable donations to the players' choice of children- and/or family-focused charitable organizations that are building the middle-market leaders of tomorrow.

CapCityAg89
AG
Cam Champ is fabulous and must see TV for me as an Aggie. But comparisons to Tiger are unfair for any player. He may be hated by some, but Tiger is without a doubt the most dynamic and influential player of the last 30 years.
_lefraud_
AG
Agreed. Tiger, Jack and even Bobby Jones, are/were just on another level in terms of hype, breaking out onto the scene from day 1 and delivering from the get go.
Bobaloo
CapCityAg89 said:

Cam Champ is fabulous and must see TV for me as an Aggie. But comparisons to Tiger are unfair for any player. He may be hated by some, but Tiger is without a doubt the most dynamic and influential player of the last 30 years.

No doubt. To compare the two is embarrassing and laughable. They both play golf. The comparison ends right there. At this point in thei careers, Tiger had three US Amateurs and three junior Amateurs. Not to mention an NCAA title. Otherwise about the same...
Oyster DuPree
AG
Thread derailed!
12thmanfootball
AG
Give Champ time, I think his Bobby Jones/Ben Hogan swing will ultimately win more Championships than Tiger!
PJYoung
AG
Just saw this

PJYoung
AG
PJYoung
AG
he had eagle putts of 7 feet and 10 feet this morning. Needs to finish well to make the cut.
Rubble
AG
The cut doesn't happen until Saturday. Luckily he has the easiest of the 3 courses tomorrow.
PJYoung
AG
He sank his birdie putt on 18 after the squeegee guys cleared a path for him.

He had about 10 seconds to go before it would've been covered up by rainwater.

The horn blew but they had the option to finish out.

Conditions were hooooorrible. 50 degrees and flooding rain.
Ragoo
AG
Champ chips in to finish -6. Shooting -3 both times he played PB.
PJYoung
AG
T28th!
Aggie95
AG
should give him some confidence going into the US Open there.
Yesterday
AG
He needs to make some top 10's here pretty soon if he wants to get into the Masters. He's currently ranked 83. He needs to be top 50 or win a qualifying event before the Masters.
Ragoo
AG
03ki11erAG said:

He needs to make some top 10's here pretty soon if he wants to get into the Masters. He's currently ranked 83. He needs to be top 50 or win a qualifying event before the Masters.
he has 8 or so events left. He has 37 events being divided by 40.
Yesterday
AG
Ragoo said:

03ki11erAG said:

I'm not going to pretend to know the math. What does he need to do to get into the top 50? Make top 25's?
PJYoung
AG
03ki11erAG said:

Ragoo said:

03ki11erAG said:

I'm not going to pretend to know the math. What does he need to do to get into the top 50? Make top 25's?

I'm pretty sure that would make it close at least.

He should jump 4 or 5 spots with last night's result - maybe a bit more.

Ragoo
AG
03ki11erAG said:

Ragoo said:

03ki11erAG said:

he needs an average of ~2.4 or about 108 points. Sitting at 67 now.

He is going to have to finish top 20 several times in events with stout fields.
_lefraud_
AG
He could always get a special invitation.
PJYoung
AG
Cameron moved up to 78th in the ranking after his T28th at Pebble.

Got 1.96 points.
Harry Stone
AG
i would imagine that The Masters is salivating for him to make it in. With that crazy length, i can't imagine what he could do on 2, 3, 9, 10, 11, 13, and 15.
PJYoung
AG
Does anybody know what his planned schedule is? It seems like he is playing almost every week trying to stack those points while is still in great FedEx Cup standing (assuming that makes a difference for entry opportunities).

I think he's only taken one week off so far this season.
Ragoo
AG
He is in the field at riviera this weekend.
LHIOB
AG
Riv sets up for bombers
Aggie369
AG
Typically pros dont play more than 4 weeks in a row
Killin Me Smalls
AG
https://www.pgatour.com/long-form/2019/02/12/paving-the-way-cameron-champ.html
My Dad Earl
AG
https://instagr.am/p/Bt1i2tlFhHI

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.