Cam Champ

26,305 Views | 217 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Ervin Burrell
PJYoung
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ervin Burrell
AG
Problem is, following him via shot track pretty much every tournament he plays in, lately those are very few and far between (hitting the fairway, anyway...I suppose 373 will always be few and far between even for him hah). Needs to straighten things out off the tee.
CyclingAg82
AG
He missed the cut. T87 after today's round.

Really pulling for him to make it big on the PGA Tour.

jja79
AG
Jaime Diaz talked about him on morning drive Saturday. 6 straight MC & WD. Worst on tour strokes gained approach shots. Wedge game isn't up to standards, wasn't a proven winner in college and a game with only one strength won't compete long term. Harsh but not really unfair.
Ragoo
AG
jja79 said:

Jaime Diaz talked about him on morning drive Saturday. 6 straight MC & WD. Worst on tour strokes gained approach shots. Wedge game isn't up to standards, wasn't a proven winner in college and a game with only one strength won't compete long term. Harsh but not really unfair.
he most certainly has to improve his scoring. Luckily he started red hot and has a season and a half now to make it work.
_lefraud_
AG
jja79 said:

I get what he's saying, but not sure why what he was (or wasn't) in college matters. Lots of really "proven" collegiate players have sucked on tour. Champ has won at every level of golf he's ever played, including winning on the PGA Tour. Sure he's got to improve his game but as Ragoo pointed out, he's got a two year cushion to figure it out.
jja79
AG
I wasn't saying anything. I was saying what morning drive had to say about him.
_lefraud_
AG
Gotcha. Edited
Ervin Burrell
AG
Not listed in the field at the Nelson this week. Somewhat surprised as I think the course sets up well for him but I suppose he's prepping for the PGA next week.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.