F GOLF

165,010 Views | 1214 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by ILikeTacos
AggieDruggist89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
agracer said:

Lost 8 balls, 6 off the tee box in a scramble today. Fortunately I'd had one good drive and hit a green on a par 3 so my two tee shots required from the group were done or I'd have walked back to my car after I'd throw my clubs in a lake!

Eff golf!
That can't be easy to do... hope you were using Pinnacles..
agracer
AG
AggieDruggist89 said:

agracer said:

Lost 8 balls, 6 off the tee box in a scramble today. Fortunately I'd had one good drive and hit a green on a par 3 so my two tee shots required from the group were done or I'd have walked back to my car after I'd throw my clubs in a lake!

Eff golf!
No it was not.

Played 9 last Friday and hit 5 good drives on or just off the fairway. Had one wayward drive but was able to scramble myself to a bogey.

Yesterday, hit 6 balls into the brush/scrub/trees...and it was left or right, nothing consistent that I could work to fix each hole!

The other two I shanked my effing wedge into the lake or scrub 45-deg from where I was hitting!
Jetpilot86
AG
Shot my usual 105. Iron game was BAD.

Hit all but 2 fairways. Topped every iron off the tee and left ball marks in front of the tee on those shots. Had 42 putts, but at least the greens are fresh off aeration, so there's that.
AggieDruggist89
AG
agracer said:

AggieDruggist89 said:

agracer said:

Eff golf!
No it was not.

Played 9 last Friday and hit 5 good drives on or just off the fairway. Had one wayward drive but was able to scramble myself to a bogey.

Yesterday, hit 6 balls into the brush/scrub/trees...and it was left or right, nothing consistent that I could work to fix each hole!

The other two I shanked my effing wedge into the lake or scrub 45-deg from where I was hitting!

**** it. I know I will be punished by golf gods for saying it. Man... You suck.
AggieDruggist89
AG
Jetpilot86 said:

Shot my usual 105. Iron game was BAD.

Hit all but 2 fairways. Topped every iron off the tee and left ball marks in front of the tee on those shots. Had 42 putts, but at least the greens are fresh off aeration, so there's that.

Dude, i hope your golf skill isn't reflective of your aviation skills..
AggieDruggist89
AG
Dear Golf Gods

Please go easy on me... I have a very important match this weekend. May your punishment be recoverable and only to remind me I need to be a better golf soul...

Fore...
Jetpilot86
AG
Used to be I had stroked out on a hole by the green.

Improvement.
AggieDruggist89
AG
There's only so much MISIG can do to help your game...
Jetpilot86
AG
It's in a box at the house. Been on the road and haven't even opened the box yet.
agracer
AG
AggieDruggist89 said:

agracer said:

AggieDruggist89 said:

agracer said:

Eff golf!
No it was not.

**** it. I know I will be punished by golf gods for saying it. Man... You suck.
I was 2 over for 9 holes two months ago...I just suck sometimes.
Jetpilot86
AG
Ah figured it out. Only hit 85% of the fairways, not 86%.
Rusty GCS
AG
12 of 14 FWs is 85.7%. I think you can call that 86%
khaos288
AG
Haven't been on this thread in awhile, but I'm ready.

Been playing out of my mind recently. Winning skins in a big group full of scratch golfers for several weeks.

Had 3 birdies today, all covered in my own group. Absolutely could not make a putt other than one of birdies. I must have lipped out a dozen times today. Two of them would have paid. On top of that, was spraying driver all over the yard. Fat shots with irons which is VERY out of character for me. Toe contact with every club it felt like. Just couldn't get comfortable over the ball in any situation.

Icing on the cake was hitting 3 wood into par 5 17th, it clears the bunker just right of the green, and when I get up to the green complex, it has completely disappeared. The 4 of us looked all over, but it must have just hit a muddy spot and completely plugged.
CoppellAg93
AG
Played yesterday at Westridge in McKinney ...

44 on the front - best 9 in a year. Parred 10 and then finished with 4 triple-bogeys (with 5 penalty strokes) on the back for a 95.

F GOLF!
khaos288
AG
CoppellAg93 said:

44 on the front - best 9 in a year. Parred 10 and then finished with 4 triple-bogeys (with 5 penalty strokes) on the back for a 95.

F GOLF!
Hey that's where I play
CoppellAg93
AG
khaos288 said:

CoppellAg93 said:

F GOLF!
Hey that's where I play

Played 8 rounds this year - 7 have been at Westridge. We play Sunday mornings.
khaos288
AG
oh man, I played a least a couple holes there like 200 times this year. I've got the PLP where it's basically free in the afternoons/evenings in the summer though.
MW03
AG
Lessons have been going well. New equipment is playing well. Just shot my best round in years the last time I played. It's 75 degrees, sunny, and there's a breeze. Perfect day to take a long lunch at the driving range.

And have absolutely the worst session you've had in maybe 18 months.

F GOLF!
AggieDruggist89
AG
Really...

You gonna F Golf over a bad driving range session????
MW03
AG
AggieDruggist89 said:

Really...

Thinning and topping long clubs when you aren't hitting them off the hosel will do that.
Sooper Jeenyus
AG
MW03 said:

AggieDruggist89 said:

Really...

Thinning and topping long clubs when you aren't hitting them off the hosel will do that.
I second this emotion. Practically any activity conducted with a golf club in your hand can result in F Golf.
AggieDruggist89
AG
Spring and golf is in full swing yet why is this thread on page 3??? Yall get new clubs and now all playing good golf???

Finished 6 straight bogeys for a smooth 83 today.

F Golf!
ILikeTacos
AG
Might as well contribute. Relatively new to consistent golf, played MAYBE once a year from 18 to 38, but got hooked last summer when I moved to Colorado and now play as often as I can. Ended last season as a 14, want to try to be a 10 or under at the end of this season.

OK back story, F snow. Got two weeks of golf and then 2 feet of snow. Course closed for a week while snow melts, get 1 day before 3" of snow closes the course again. Not really F golf, but F the fact that I can't feed my new crack addiction.

OK F the new GHIN system, even though I know it is more lenient than ever. Get out on Sunday for 9 holes after snow melted. Shot a 39 with 6 pars and three bogeys and no penalties. Felt like I am off to a good start. New GHIN system allows 9 hole scores, nice. 9 hole course is a 35.7 with a slope of 142. Calculates a differential of 11.1. The system is too smart and knows I wouldn't be able to keep the pace for all 18!
AggieDruggist89
AG
Hmmmm

Did GHIN combine the last Nine with another nine to give you 11.1?

F Golf nonetheless
ILikeTacos
AG
Not that I can tell, here is what the app shows me. Curious!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.