Congrats on your new 5* recruit, you t-shirt idiots....

30,298 Views | 189 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by RikkiTikkaTagem
AgOutsideAustin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hey ol steveo who ranked this 5 star Owens kid on potential ? The Nobel Peace prize committee? What a joke.
Joe Exotic
AG
Owens has offers from pretty much everyone*

*that doesn't matter
goodAg80
AG
Bo Darville said:

Owens has offers from pretty much everyone*

*that doesn't matter

But once you get that coveted Tom Herman offer you just shut down all other schools.
David_Puddy
AG
Steve was up past 10 pm on a Thursday night on a Texas A&M website e-defending the star rankings of his school, despite evidence (that is plain as day) showing that the majority of the players received a massive spike just prior to or after committing. What a mouth breathing goof.
stick93
AG
When he committed to Texas he was ranked as the 52nd best player...at his position.
Stevetex.
Guys you have to give Herman the credit of being able to evaluate kids and knowing when to pull the trigger and offer even though others have not recognized the talent.

That my friends is a sign of great recruiting.
goodAg80
AG
Stevetex. said:

Guys you have to give Herman the credit of being able to evaluate kids and knowing when to pull the trigger and offer even though others have not recognized the talent.

What a generous way to describe a coach who is getting his ass handed to him on the recruiting trail.
Stevetex.
goodAg80 said:

Stevetex. said:

What a generous way to describe a coach who is getting his ass handed to him on the recruiting trail.

WOW! You serious?

Sounds like if and when Texas leap frogs y'all you will still be singing the same tune.
Joe Exotic
AG
Stevetex. said:

You mean offer them only after striking out on players like Demani Richardson and Brian Williams? That kind of evaluating?
Joe Exotic
AG
Stevetex. said:

goodAg80 said:

Stevetex. said:

WOW! You serious?

Sounds like if and when Texas leap frogs y'all you will still be singing the same tune.

There's no way for Texas to mathematically leapfrog A&M.
goodAg80
AG
Stevetex. said:

goodAg80 said:

Stevetex. said:

WOW! You serious?

No one here is falling for the "win the recruiting battle" narrative from the Longhorn putzes. We got our guys. They are great and now its time to show it on the field. You missed on yours and you are concocting a cover story that you will play out for months.
sam brehlinger
Bo Darville said:

Stevetex. said:

goodAg80 said:

Stevetex. said:

WOW! You serious?

Texas leapfrogs A&M and OU if McCoy transfers. Even if Shepherd flips to y'all Texas still edges you out on the 247 composite. This is where you'll try to tell me McCoy doesn't count as a recruit because he's a transfer but you and I both know that's grasping at straws. Whether he shows up on the ranking or not, Texas would have landed him in their 2019 class even if he takes an effective redshirt year because of transfer rules. If it makes you sleep better at night to stick your head in the sand and pretend he doesn't count then that's fine, I understand you have to take your wins where you can get them these days.

Or you'll just try to tell me there's a conspiracy to inflate Texas recruits just to spite A&M. If that's the case then I don't know what to tell you. It's just recruiting rankings, the result on the field is what matters at the end of the day.
Flexbone
Stevetex. said:

Even though this is hilariously stupid, I'll humor you. What proof do you have that Herman is some great evaluator of diamonds in the rough? He offered the kid after he struck out on guys we got at the position. Then, and only then, the kids' ranking went through the roof. If his ranking escalated because he showed how badass he really was...why didn't any other major programs offer? Are all those coaches, who are much more successful than Herman including our own, just idiots?

Go take a look, position by position, who offered our guys vs. who offered Texas'. Across the board. You won't like it.

Flexbone
sam brehlinger said:

Bo Darville said:

Stevetex. said:

goodAg80 said:

Stevetex. said:

WOW! You serious?

Texas leapfrogs A&M and OU if McCoy transfers. Even if Shepherd flips to y'all Texas still edges you out on the 247 composite. This is where you'll try to tell me McCoy doesn't count as a recruit because he's a transfer but you and I both know that's grasping at straws. Whether he shows up on the ranking or not, Texas would have landed him in their 2019 class even if he takes an effective redshirt year because of transfer rules. If it makes you sleep better at night to stick your head in the sand and pretend he doesn't count then that's fine, I understand you have to take your wins where you can get them these days.

Or you'll just try to tell me there's a conspiracy to inflate Texas recruits just to spite A&M. If that's the case then I don't know what to tell you. It's just recruiting rankings, the result on the field is what matters at the end of the day.

So...are you counting Jalen Hurts in OU's ranking? He's a transfer.

We take our wins where we can get them? Uhhhh, we had more good wins than Texas and no bad losses. We're better than you and would be favored on a neutral field. You couldn't even crack the top 50 on either side of the ball. You got your ass handed to you in state and across the board for kids we both wanted. You continue to not be able to recruit up front, which means you'll remain irrelevant. Nobody here gives a flying **** if you add yet another wide ****ing receiver. Maybe he'll be the next guy to help eek out a win over another 5-7 team?
Caesar4
AG
Stevetex. said:

Oh well I still think most coaches would love to be where Herman is.

So, you're saying that most coaches would love to be accused of these things?
  • snorting cocaine off a stripper?
  • coercing wife to have sex with himself and a stripper?
  • solicitation?
  • cheating on his wife?

I don't agree with you. Or, are you just ignoring that?
stick93
AG
Stevetex. said:

I bet you were saying the same thing about Swoopes several years ago. Seriously, go read the articles by these same geniuses back in the fall when this Owens kid committed. He was a project at best. But the same guys are hyping him now so they can ride his ass to the recruiting finish line.

Same song, same dance, same guys showing up trying to convince us their $9.95/mo was well spent.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
sam brehlinger said:

They don't Inflate sip recruits to spite A&M. They do it because they are nothing more than tu fan boys.

They might keep Richardson and Williams lower because they don't like A&M even though Herman would rather have them (and the other ten safeties he offered first) than Owens.

Even if tu jumps us in the fake news rankings A&M will have a better class. And a better coach...
Joe Exotic
AG
Someone had a spreadsheet on premium the other day that shows it's not an A&M bias at all. The sips jumped almost 5 times as much with recruit rankings as all other schools, not just us.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
Bo Darville said:

Someone had a spreadsheet on premium the other day that shows it's not an A&M bias at all. The sips jumped almost 5 times as much with recruit rankings as all other schools, not just us.

Two weeks ago they were a tenth of a point behind us on average which included our kicker weighing our average down.

Without either team adding or subtracting anybody they jumped in front of us by 3 tenths. The bias for them is there every year but this year is just laughable.
stick93
AG
hennyj15 said:

sam brehlinger said:

They don't Inflate sip recruits to spite A&M. They do it because they are nothing more than tu fan boys.

They might keep Richardson and Williams lower because they don't like A&M even though Herman would rather have them (and the other ten safeties he offered first) than Owens.

Even if tu jumps us in the fake news rankings A&M will have a better class. And a better coach...

Dude, you are arguing with a guy that: 1. Created an account to run over here and defend his team. 2. Wrote a long first paragraph about how recruiting rankings matter and we are just haters because McCoy is gonna count and they'll jump us. 3. Then wrote a second paragraph about how none of it matters. Losing to Maryland on the field is where it's at.
Guy triggered himself all the way in a full circle.
Joe Exotic
AG
And now 247 is going to break their longstanding rules and add him to their class. They will literally jump from 9 to 3 without adding a single commit.
stick93
AG
Bo Darville said:

And now 247 is going to break their longstanding rules and add him to their class. They will literally jump from 9 to 3 without adding a single commit.

They'll benefit either way. If his waiver isn't approved he'll just give them a jump on 2020
Joe Exotic
AG
They added a 3 star OL with a trash offer list yesterday. So he should be on pace to get that 5th star by December.
Your Friend
Looch called him a good player and a legit 4 Star
stick93
AG
Your Friend said:

Your parents wish they had lived in NY when you were born
Joe Exotic
AG
So he's not a 3 star with a trash offer list?

And flagged for posting Looch's premium info on a non pay board.
digging tunnels
AG
Interested to see how much EJ and other dip****s promote the avg star rankings if they do indeed jump us overall in ranking.

Either way, tu recruiting will be better somehow per their propaganda
Spotted Ag
AG
So average star rankings huh? So and so school signs 1 5* player and no other players. Their average star ranking is 5. They win the contest.
Ed Torian
stick93 said:

Your Friend said:

Your parents wish they had lived in NY when you were born

Good lord.
Joe Exotic
AG
digging tunnels said:

Interested to see how much EJ and other dip****s promote the avg star rankings if they do indeed jump us overall in ranking.

Either way, tu recruiting will be better somehow per their propaganda

Unless all the other services start manipulating their transfer rules regarding commits then the 247 composite won't change much.

What's really interesting is if we flip Sheppard their average rating will go up and ours down. That tells you how dumb that metric is.
petey88
Stevetex. said:

nope, but I'll give you credit for being a dumbass and taking up for a fellow one
sam brehlinger
Bo Darville said:

Then the system is clearly rigged and you shouldn't care. Yet here you are.
Flexbone
sam brehlinger said:

Bo Darville said:

Here WE are, guys.
Joe Exotic
AG
sam brehlinger said:

Bo Darville said:

Actually here YOU are on a Texas A&M message board after a 4 loss season.
sam brehlinger
Flexbone said:

sam brehlinger said:

Bo Darville said:

Stevetex. said:

goodAg80 said:

Stevetex. said:

WOW! You serious?

So...are you counting Jalen Hurts in OU's ranking? He's a transfer.

We take our wins where we can get them? Uhhhh, we had more good wins than Texas and no bad losses. We're better than you and would be favored on a neutral field. You couldn't even crack the top 50 on either side of the ball. You got your ass handed to you in state and across the board for kids we both wanted. You continue to not be able to recruit up front, which means you'll remain irrelevant. Nobody here gives a flying **** if you add yet another wide ****ing receiver. Maybe he'll be the next guy to help eek out a win over another 5-7 team?
Congratulations on your resounding win over an unranked team in the Taxslayer Bowl!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.