Texas fans are going apesh-t over the hiring of Herman

32,097 Views | 290 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by ABATTBQ11
88jrt06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Texan1976 said:

Your Friend said:

Flex do you think Herman will have the horns in the CFP in 2-3 years?
Yes. He will.
Gonna rent a giant bus, cokes and popcorn at the game...
Oh yes tu will REPRESENT at the CCG.
I think these threads are erotic adventures for Texan1976.

Why else would he keep swinging while getting pounded into the ground?
ham98
That home schedule is terribad.
CoachLB
Nobody cares now that you got Malik! So for he is average at best. And even with ESPN and others saying Sumlin is on the hotseat he is pulling a top ten class so don't try to say Herman is killing Sumlin in recruiting. The key will be play on the field. Herman has yet to coach a game af Texas. If his team doesn't show great improvement this season he will lose that new coach recruiting jump. You see as a coach I know Herman is peddling the greatest sales pitch ever, the easiest thing to sell kids and fans, HOPE! But the truth is you HAVE to prove it with wins to keep it going. Sumlin has won. Maybe not enough but enough for recruits to see something. They also watch draft day and see SEC players being drafted at a much higher number than the big 12. Finally, wins over Texas Tech, Iowa st. Kansas etc impress no one, recruits or the committee.
brisket-n-beer
CoachLB said:

Nobody cares now that you got Malik! So for he is average at best. And even with ESPN and others saying Sumlin is on the hotseat he is pulling a top ten class so don't try to say Herman is killing Sumlin in recruiting. The key will be play on the field. Herman has yet to coach a game af Texas. If his team doesn't show great improvement this season he will lose that new coach recruiting jump. You see as a coach I know Herman is peddling the greatest sales pitch ever, the easiest thing to sell kids and fans, HOPE! But the truth is you HAVE to prove it with wins to keep it going. Sumlin has won. Maybe not enough but enough for recruits to see something. They also watch draft day and see SEC players being drafted at a much higher number than the big 12. Finally, wins over Texas Tech, Iowa st. Kansas etc impress no one, recruits or the committee.

You hit the nail right on the head. That shiny new car feel will go away real quick once the sips start losing. They recruited well despite having a crappy record because they're "paying" for their services...i.e., new F-250s, etc. It has nothing to do with them being the "flagship" university or the lure of Austin..that's burnt orange propaganda at it's best.

Sumlin has won enough and recruits see that. They know how tough the SEC is, so his conference record is forgivable (at the moment).

TBH, If we win 9 plus this yr, I see us top 5 in recruiting.
petey88
Stevetex. said:

Herman vs chuck?

Let's just say that chuck was a good recruiter, but he didn't recruit like Herman and I will elaborate on that.

Yes chuck was good and had two good years of arguably top 10 talent. But he could not compete head to head with Texas A&M. He won some like Malik Jefferson, which you still can't get over, but mostly he wasn't a factor in your recruiting.

This year kids who hold A&M offers are choosing Texas. So now the recruiting ship in Texas has been righted. It's really 50/50 the way it should be.

I will also argue the 5 committed recruits from California, Arizona, Missouri, Oklahoma, and Kentucky puts Herman and Texas on a more national recruiting stage.

So by potential of what has happened in the off season Herman is a Home run.

They are #3 in composite and he has a chance to go #1.

"He has to go #1"

give it up stevo, you dumbass

take your stupid ass to the tceh tard or baylro board
petey88
Texan1976 said:

Flexbone said:

Just the other day this 60+ year old loser was crowing about Herman's "3 wins against top 8 teams." Of course, that's WHEN THEY PLAYED not at all how they finished. But when it comes to US, the goalpost is moved to how they FINISHED. And now of course the "top 4 finish" standard that literally has never been anyone's benchmark.

Such an insecure, pathetic idiot.
I am 60 and a Bearkat according to this board. Jesus.

and you wear diapers BearKat **********
CoachLB
Yep. We have all dated that "I just have to go out with her!!" girl. Then after one date or so when you see the real her you wonder why was I so crazy for her? That will be the horn fans if Herman doesn't have them in title contention the first year. As a matter of fact Charlie and Mack are good examples of how quickly horn fans turn on coaches.
Flexbone
Charlie had a better resume coming to Texas than Herman does.
CoachLB
Yep. Maryland, San Jose St., Texas Tech, Baylor, Kansas, and Iowa St. There are 5 teams you should beat this season if you are decent. So the Horn fans should not be crowing about an eight win season and should have serious doubts about Herman if he only wins seven.
88jrt06
AG
33 said:

I think these threads are erotic adventures for Texan1976.

Why else would he keep swinging while getting pounded into the ground?

He's a horn. Accustomed to beatdowns, the new normal.
Likely the only world he can recall.
Of course, we're Aggies; always ready to help.
Texan1976
Flexbone said:

37-15 is better than 22-4?

Strong's big win was taking down Will Muschamp.

Herman took down Stoops, Fisher and Petrino.

You go look at Strong's wins and it is pretty weak.
Your Friend
Flexbone said:

That's debatable, not that it even matters.
Flexbone
Your Friend said:

Flexbone said:

That's debatable
Not really.

But let's say it is debatable. That very fact should have you a lot more cautious about predicting college football playoff teams and a "return to greatness" (which said greatness is certainly debatable).
Texan1976
It isn't really debateable. Strong goes 14-12 his first two years at UL. Herman goes 22-4 at UH. Herman had far better wins in 2 years than Strong did in 4.

Herman also knows his zip code and how to do a coin flip.
CoachLB
That is not debatable at all! You can debate which is the better coach, but Strong had a better coaching resume when he got the Texas job!
Texan1976
I am bought in. I loved the hire from the beginning. And love it even more watching his process the last 8 months.

He is going to kick ass at Texas.
Texan1976
CoachLB said:

That is not debatable at all! You can debate which is the better coach, but Strong had a better coaching resume when he got the Texas job!

Explain.

Herman is much younger and had much bigger wins.

Both were elite coordinators. Herman was so much better as a head coach.
Flexbone
Texan1976 said:

Flexbone said:

37-15 is better than 22-4?

Strong's big win was taking down Will Muschamp.

Herman took down Stoops, Fisher and Petrino.

You go look at Strong's wins and it is pretty weak.
23-3 is better than 22-5 and half of that was in a Power 5 conference.

Both lost to UConn. Herman has more "WTF" losses as well. That Fisher team was without it's starting QB. That Petrino team was 8-5 and then 9-4.
Flexbone
Texan1976 said:

I am bought in. I loved the hire from the beginning. And love it even more watching his process the last 8 months.

He is going to kick ass at Texas.
You loved "his process"? What the hell are you talking about? Wtf do you know about what constitutes a "good process"? He's a thin skinned tool, and always has been. Your "predictions" are all based on what you WANT to happen, not what the facts support. If his history is any indication, he'll struggle to make the playoff because he'll have some WTF losses that will make it impossible. In that league - because it's so incredibly weak and not respected at all - 1 loss, and especially a BAD loss - is death knell to any playoff hopes. And even in the playoffs, he has no chance unless he starts recruiting a LOT better up front. Those teams will demolish his.
Flexbone
Texan1976 said:

CoachLB said:

Explain.

Herman is much younger and had much bigger wins.

Both were elite coordinators. Herman was so much better as a head coach.
Their age has nothing to do with anything. Herman isn't a kid. He's in his 40's. Strong has a better history as a coordinator, and Strong has more "good seasons" than Herman as a head coach.
Texan1976
Comparing Strong's years 3 and 4 to Herman's years 1 and 2?

That isn't logical. And even so, Herman took down better teams. Go look at Strong's wins.

How did they do against quality opponents?

I'm extremely pleased with Herman. He will have us in the playoffs with elite talent in 2-3 years.
Flexbone
Texan1976 said:

Comparing Strong's years 3 and 4 to Herman's years 1 and 2?

That isn't logical. And even so, Herman took down better teams. Go look at Strong's wins.

How did they do against quality opponents?

I'm extremely pleased with Herman. He will have us in the playoffs with elite talent in 2-3 years.
Why isn't it logical? Because it doesn't agree with the storyline you prefer? They walked into 2 completely different situations. Louisville was awful under Kragthorpe for several years and were depleted when Strong arrived. Houston wasn't awful under Levine, and he recruited really well for that league. You keep pointing to the "big wins" (which you (ironically when considering your reversion to "logic" moments ago) count as "Top 8 wins" when they weren't, while changing your logic while trying to discount A&M's record in a much much much harder league)...but keep ignoring all his WTF losses. He loses to TERRIBLE teams that he has no business losing to. He had a talent advantage in all those games. Those count JUST AS MUCH as big wins. Yet you ignore them. I wonder why? I know why.
Texan1976
I like to argue. This is an internet message board. I'm a 40 year old Longhorn alum who has been a huge fan since I could remember.

I disagree with you. I think Herman has a much better track record. I think he's going to killl it at Texas. We will see. In three years, one of us can come back and be right.
HeyMoe
AG
A team full of players who lost to Kansas last year coached by a guy who lost to Navy and SMU last year.

Sounds like a plan.
CoachLB
Texan i would not tell anyone to not be excited about their coach or team. But Most of Hermans big wins came in the first game of the year or with an extended practice period. That is different that playing in a tough conference where week after week you have to be at your very best to win. Also playing tough competition week after week takes depth which UH didn't have. Charlie won two NCs with Urban Meyer and beat Florida as a head coach. I am not knocking Herman. But Charlie had a longer and better resume. Herman has had more ESPN hype. You say you like to argue and that is Ok. I am not saying Charlie is a better coach. But as a coach looking at this from a football coaches point of view Charlie had a better resume than Herman mainly because of a smaller sample to judge on and the fact he lost games he should never have lost to teams like SMU.
LonghornDub
Flexbone is correct. We have not committed a significant offensive or defensive lineman yet, and there is no surplus on campus. Until that changes, UT is likely doomed to the same 8 wins a year as A&M has experienced.
God made the country, and man made the town. William Cowper

petey88
Texan1976 said:

I like to argue. This is an internet message board. I'm a 40 year old Longhorn alum who has been a huge fan since I could remember.

I disagree with you. I think Herman has a much better track record. I think he's going to killl it at Texas. We will see. In three years, one of us can come back and be right.

Jesus dude,.. call your case worker or the Meals on Wheels phone,....you need some food

Flexbone
LonghornDub said:

Flexbone is correct. We have not committed a significant offensive or defensive lineman yet, and there is no surplus on campus. Until that changes, UT is likely doomed to the same 8 wins a year as A&M has experienced.

....in the Big 12.

Our lines have not been the reason we're stuck at 8 wins. We play against way more talent than Texas will, along with the fact that we clearly have issues staying "up" (and healthy) down the stretch.

8 wins in the SEC West > 8 wins in the Big 12.
Flexbone
Texan1976 said:

The facts illustrate that you're wrong. But what's so funny is that it is debatable both ways yet you're so incredibly arrogant that you just believe he'll blow the doors off. Hitting on coaches is very difficult. If it weren't, then Texas wouldn't have only one real run of success since you've been alive. But that's what they have. And even then they weren't the best team in their league despite having an advantage over every team that they played. They'd have more than a .333 per season win advantage over A&M since you were in pre-k. They'd have more conference titles than A&M during that same span too, but don't. He may or may not be but it certainly won't be because you're a prophet.
goodAg80
AG
Texan1976 said:

4 Bills or 5?
leftcoastaggie
AG
Charlie has a better watch.
Stevetex.
LonghornDub said:

Hell yea, I'll take that and the momentum into recruiting next year.
Flexbone
The "momentum" of an 8 win season in the ****tiest league in America. Yeah...ok.
Stevetex.
Flexbone said:

The "momentum" of an 8 win season in the ****tiest league in America. Yeah...ok.

VS losing seasons? 8 wins are what we need.

Your 8 wins will suck again

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.