Real Estate
Sponsored by

Absolutely Stunning Custom Home?

632,076 Views | 4410 Replies | Last: 12 days ago by Complete Idiot
The Fife
How long do you want to ignore this user?
p_bubel said:

9126 Warp Dr

Someone was having fun when naming this street.
That's in the $400s? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!

In typical San Antonio builder fashion I expect all the other streets in the neighborhood to have Star Trek names as well. Directions: Turn onto Federation Ct, take second left onto Piccard Rd (NOT right to Klingon Dr!), Right on Vulcan Ln, and right to Warp Dr (please observe speed limit).
Goodest Poster
AG
Diggity said:

I'm guilty of some "puffery" occasionally with my listings but when I think stunning and custom, wall-to-wall carpet, cheap tile and harsh lighting don't typically come to mind.

Great pics too.

Anyone have some other examples are badass listing agent work?

What Wenrong?

Those pics look like they were done by an appraiser.
schwack schwack
AG
This was my favorite from that listing. Extra pantry area at fireplace & designer wall texture,paint & tile work. Add in the incredible aroma from that full ashtray & this picture really sells it.

schwack schwack
AG
Uh oh. A noose.

The Fife
jftx04 said:

Diggity said:

I'm guilty of some "puffery" occasionally with my listings but when I think stunning and custom, wall-to-wall carpet, cheap tile and harsh lighting don't typically come to mind.

Great pics too.

Anyone have some other examples are badass listing agent work?

What Wenrong?

Those pics look like they were done by an appraiser.
So much beige, it's like I stumbled back into 2005!
SpreadsheetAg
AG
schwack schwack said:

Uh oh. A noose.

Haha funny!

However, super tacky to have your attic pull down in the family room right?
lobopride
Yeah it is pretty bad. I imagine whoever makes an offer on that house will seriously low ball them.
schwack schwack
AG
Quote:

However, super tacky to have your attic pull down in the family room right?

To be fair - this is in the garage apartment in the back of the house. Pretty sweet apartment.
TXTransplant
Here is your chance to buy Neil Armstrong's house.

https://www.har.com/homedetail/1003-woodland-dr-el-lago-tx-77586/3296223
The Fife
Not a fan of the flooring, but that's something that can be dealt with.
wessimo
AG
Cool
p_bubel

Overweight or tall people need not apply. Good view of the pool though. LOL

Carolwood
Furlock Bones
AG
the amount of angled rooms this house has seems impossible.
Garrelli 5000
AG
Furlock Bones said:

the amount of angled rooms this house has seems impossible.
Grand Homes must not be in your area. They've never met a room they couldn't add 7 weird ceiling and/or wall angles and a random strip of molding to!
Take the trash out staff.
The Fife
Another Castle Hills disaster! It's a bear trying to straighten out a house that only takes 1 45 degree turn (ask me how I know!), yet somehow they managed to put 2 of them in there.
TXTransplant
I'd heard about tear downs in the old parts of The Woodlands, but this one really jumps the shark.

https://www.har.com/homedetail/11033-ellwood-st-the-woodlands-tx-77380/9889124

$270/sq ft is high, even for new construction, unless you're on the golf course or in East Shore. This home is not on the golf course.

Here are two recently sold comps on the same street.

https://www.har.com/homedetail/11110-ellwood-st-spring-tx-77380/5339504?sid=4655850

https://www.har.com/homedetail/11103-ellwood-st-the-woodlands-tx-77380/5339857?sid=4098130

Nothing on the street is valued over $375k by the CAD. This home was valued at $248k before they tore it down.

T&P for that appraiser.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
What on God's earth???

[url=https://www.har.com/mapsearch/?map_tools_nwlat=30.268722644637194&map_tools_nwlng=-95.93794075767747&map_tools_selat=30.02608509034407&map_tools_selng=-95.50319372147781&property_class_id=1%2C5&for_sale=1&listing_price_max=500000&square_feet_min=2500&acres_min=3#g60539932]https://www.har.com/mapsearch/?map_tools_nwlat=30.268722644637194&map_tools_nwlng=-95.93794075767747&map_tools_selat=30.02608509034407&map_tools_selng=-95.50319372147781&property_class_id=1%2C5&for_sale=1&listing_price_max=500000&square_feet_min=2500&acres_min=3#g60539932[/url]

FANS!!!! FANS!!!! FANS!!!!

What is going on in this home? Looks like it flooded, someone bought it cheap and tried to flip it, but ran out of cash?

mrsbeer05
AG
Does the truck come with it?
Ol_Ag_02
AG
https://www.elliman.com/california/sales/detail/512-l-564-81_20596316/245-n-saltair-ave-brentwood-los-angeles-ca-90049

Thank you for being a friend.
schwack schwack
AG
The shot in "the kitchen" with the industrial size box of baking soda let's you know the flood stink is gone.

TXTransplant
I can't believe the realtor wrote that the home is in "habitable condition (80%)" with a straight face. And the additional buildings on the property could be used for guests OR animals. Because, you know, all guests want to be treated as well as an animal.
Jemotz13
AG
The home builder is the listing agent's husband... interesting.
Jemotz13
AG
*edit* double post sorry
TXTransplant
Jemotz13 said:

The home builder is the listing agent's husband... interesting.

That doesn't seem so odd to me. My neighbor in College Station was a builder, and his wife was a realtor who listed his houses.
The Fife
What the flying **** is going on with this shower? Two valves, two tub spouts, shower heads... either camo or MIA?

p_bubel
They're behind the rollers. You can just make out the right one.
The Fife
Ok but what's with the tub spout? I've never seen a setup like that before, is it some kind of way to avoid getting cold water on your arm while also giving you something to hit your shins against?
combat wombat™
AG
Could be helpful when cleaning the shower enclosure. That fixed shower had sure isn't going to be useful.
expresswrittenconsent
combat wombat said:

Could be helpful when cleaning the shower enclosure. That fixed shower had sure isn't going to be useful.

2 of them?
combat wombat™
AG
Symmetry.
expresswrittenconsent
combat wombat said:

Symmetry.

Only if there's a bidet we can't see across from the toilet.
The Fife
Some Charleston Fun

The picture on the realtor.com search page for this house is below. On the actual listing it's google maps street view but I think the dumpster still works here.

Flippers are done with the place near me that looked like a total dump and it's up here. Not a fan of painted brick, especially over here because it ages like milk, but at least now you can look at pictures without feeling like you need to go wash your hands.

edit: before pics of the flipped house

Ulrich
expresswrittenconsent said:

combat wombat said:

2 of them?

"Well, they were in the box so I guess we should install them."
combat wombat™
AG
Honestly, I would prefer to get the temperature correct and test with my foot rather than stand under either scalding hot or freezing cold water while I had just it. I don't think those arwe as weird as you imagine.
Ulrich
I just stick my arm in....
First Page Last Page
Page 64 of 127

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.