Real Estate
Sponsored by

Absolutely Stunning Custom Home?

632,129 Views | 4410 Replies | Last: 12 days ago by Complete Idiot
TXTransplant
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I think this is a mistake and it's supposed to be priced at $694900. But it's been up for 58 days!

https://www.har.com/homedetail/29634-quinn-rd-tomball-tx-77375/3608449

This is another weird one, but I think the price is "correct".

Typical subdivision house on <1/2 acre lot...but with another 173 acres of undeveloped, forested, and oddly shaped land attached to it. The house alone would prob sell for $300-$350k.

I can't imagine anyone who wants the land would want the house (and vice versa).
Post removed:
by user
The Fife
Bedroom turned bathroom? That's the only thing I can figure.

Love the acres of cheap 2000s tile that's ready to go and the outside painted baby poo beige. The listing agent really should've had them clean out the dead bugs from the lights before taking pictures. Also I think that pool is green.

combat wombat™
AG
Those pictures will not help sell that property. Junk rooms, folding plastic tables, shed full of junk, improperly maintained pool, BEIGE AND BROWN.
mrsbeer05
AG
I think you're right that the bathroom was some other room at some point. If you look at picture 17 you can see it comes off a living space that looks, based on the brick floor, like they extended the house at one point and just needed an extra bathroom.
AgCPA95
AG
combat wombat said:

Those pictures will not help seek that property. Junk rooms, folding plastic tables, shed full of junk, improperly maintained pool, BEIGE AND BROWN.
It is amazing that a "professional" would allow their name to be attached to such an embarrassing mess. I know every profession has its full range of great to crappy participants, but the nothing gets the full spotlight quite like real estate!
mneisch
AG
That Tomball one is right around the corner from me. What's wonky with it?
TXTransplant
mneisch said:

That Tomball one is right around the corner from me. What's wonky with it?

They corrected the listing. When I posted that link, the asking price had an extra zero after it, so it was almost $6.5 million. And the listing had been active for 58 days!

Edited to add: looks like they tried to do a price reduction from $740k on the day I saw the listing. The extra zero must have gotten added then, so it wasn't actually listed for $6+ million for 58 days. Someone must have realized it and corrected it pretty fast. I just happened across the listing right after they fat-fingered the price adjustment.

The second house in my post, I inadvertently left off the link. Nothing wrong with the house, just odd that it's got another 174 acres attached to it when it's in the middle of a <1/2 acre lot subdivision with $300-$350k homes.

https://www.har.com/homedetail/110-cadence-court/13556642

Post removed:
by user
p_bubel

Quote:

Unique & Unusual....Built around a "Trolley Car"

Hilltop Dr

For y'all outside of Bexar, this is one cool area. Grey Forest was started as a weekend cottage neighborhood on a dammed up creek up in the hills in the late 19th, early 20th century. It's a funky rural neighborhood next to all the booming new construction neighborhoods.

19314 Grey Forest is a good example of the neighborhood stock.
The Fife
Cool place, and good to see that they didn't half-ass it and leave the streetcar out in the open to rot and fall apart.

Neither of those are my style but they both seem well built.
IWannaGoFast1
AG
Can't fault the aesthetics just too much on this one, but that price...Surely the shop space isn't worth that much in that neighborhood. Thoughts?

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/5701-Easterling-Dr-Bryan-TX-77808/117633732_zpid/

histag10
AG
It doesnt surprise me. I know someone who sold as similar size home with a similar size lot without the shop space for around 400k. They also werent zoned for those schools. Sam Houston is a pretty desirable school.

At least this one isnt too terribly far from the tax value. The property next to me is listed for over twice the value of the tax assessment with no access point, not fully fenced, no buildings, no utilities, and mesquite pasture.
GunRangeGal
AG
https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/6767-High-Dr_Morrison_CO_80465_M19557-28909

Casually starting our "forever house" hunt and found this gem. I'll give you 3 guesses what this family does for fun!
histag10
AG
I mean, if you have got them, you might as well show them off...
Scruffy
AG
GunRangeGal said:

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/6767-High-Dr_Morrison_CO_80465_M19557-28909

Casually starting our "forever house" hunt and found this gem. I'll give you 3 guesses what this family does for fun!
1) Dusting?
2) Washing surfaces with Murphy's oil soap?
3) Re-finishing dings and scratches?
The Fife
That place has more animals than a Bass Pro Shop!
GunRangeGal
AG
Awww man their realtor must have removed a few photos, too! The master closet is also covered in animals!
TXTransplant
So, this young kid (early 20s) bought a $400k+ house on the next street over from mine a few years ago. He used it exclusively to film videos for his YouTube channel called Unspeakable.

They did goofy stuff like fill the house with sand and fake snow.

Anyway, he sold it FSBO a couple of weeks ago and bought this...

https://www.har.com/homedetail/9011-breckenridge-dr-magnolia-tx-77354/5341615?sid=4899705

https://abc13.com/magnolia-houses-in-house-is-its-own-private-island-where-to-live-houston/5718095/
histag10
AG
Looks like a nice house/property to me. Is the valuation off? Or is this truly an absolutely stunning custom home?
TXTransplant
Posted because it actually is the latter! It's a house on its own private island in Houston!

I think I'd stop short if calling it stunning, but it's definitely one of a kind.
p_bubel

Shelves, shelves everywhere and not a lick of real storage...

158 Fennel
histag10
AG
It looks 100% like a temporary/unfinished kitchen
p_bubel
histag10 said:

It looks 100% like a temporary/unfinished kitchen
Pretty much.
The Fife
That's one rough floorplan, it's almost like someone took a couple of double wide trailers and butted them together to make a bigger house.

And what's the deal with the big awning thing at the front? It looks like something that'll funnel a ton of water onto the roof.
Furlock Bones
AG
So I don't know where this listing is. But the pictures on Twitter are worth it.

The Fife
After a night of drinking you'd better watch your step!
p_bubel

Well, that's one way to make a bed frame I guess.

419 Marshall
johnrth
p_bubel said:

419 Marshall

Looks like a contractor was squatting.
mrsbeer05
AG
p_bubel said:

419 Marshall
I truly don't get allowing someone to photograph the house like this. Even with crappy tenants, things could have been shoved in a corner.
one MEEN Ag
AG
mrsbeer05 said:

p_bubel said:

419 Marshall
I truly don't get allowing someone to photograph the house like this. Even with crappy tenants, things could have been shoved in a corner.
If you went through the slide deck on that listing, that is shoving the bad stuff into the corner. It would take a crew 5 days to fully remove all the junk and just do a light cleaning.

The whole place is needing to be bulldozed. There is nothing redeemable about that house.
p_bubel
johnrth said:

p_bubel said:

419 Marshall

Looks like a contractor was squatting.
That was my thought too.
The Fife
I see a ton of potential, but it'd take someone with at least half a clue about how to bring it out. Whoever owned it when the pictures were taken was definitely not them.
FincAg
AG
From left to right:
Box of kleenex
5 gallons paint
3 gallons mud
Rolled up floor rug
Single 25 lb barbell
Jergins lotion
Mason jar or cigarettes in water
Red yankee candle
Fathers day gift bag
Lavender air freshener
Slim handbags
More rolls of either moving blankets or floor rugs
Assorted makeup
Nail polish on TV tray
Purses hanging on the back of door
2nd barbell not matching 25lb from bed
First Page Last Page
Page 65 of 127

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.