Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Penny Stock Thread

324,886 Views | 3015 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by LatinAggie1997
Talon2DSO
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So as to not clutter the Stock Market thread, here's a new spot to discuss penny stocks we've been monitoring.

Some of note here are

EGOC
OZSC
GTXO
AXXA
AFOM
CZNI
VMNT

YouBet
AG
I ended up throwing some money at OZSC due to the industry. It's doing well so far. I'm up 40%.
YourFavAggie
AG
Following $EGOC
Eyes of texas Crying
Talon2DSO
AG
I like both of those.

Egoc and GTXO are promising in the Biden Administration since they sell much of what the Administration is mandating.

OZSC, that one is under the radar still and supposedly a Tesla deal is imminent
LatinAggie1997
AG
Excellent.
I can follow this far easier for EGOC as I trip amd fall down following stock thread learning on the other.
jm94
AG
I made custodial accounts for my twin boys (12), and one of them put $100 into AMWK a few weeks ago and nearly tripled it in two days. I keep reminding him that it's not always going to be like that.
irish pete ag06
AG
Someone get Orlando in here!
bloom
What platform/app is best for trading penny stocks?
barbacoa taco
AG
got some ATOS and SYN stock yesterday. Biotech companies. We'll see how this goes.
george1992
irish pete ag06 said:

He can't read.
LatinAggie1997
AG
Is it really too much to ask that ABML, BMIX, ATAO, and EGOC all triple their ATH today???

PA24
AG
Rule 1:
Never fall in love with a penny stock, take your profit and run!
Old Buffalo
AG
$STAF

I like the staffing environment to rebound. Still solid growth, but will be hampered by UK shutdown.
“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
South Platte
ASTI
FbgTxAg
AG
Ubitag said:

Rule 1:

I bought PLUG @ .27 back in the day. Diamond handed it to 71.00 two weeks ago.

The greatest argument ever made against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.
YouBet
AG
FbgTxAg said:

Ubitag said:

Rule 1:

Ditto!
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

haha, I do have a couple of the ones OP listed and I'll try to DD a couple of others over the weekend to see if I'd personally go in on em.

100% agree with the poster that said "never fall in love with pennies". Think of it this way, a lot of these will get you the 200-1,000% return initially. If they did that for you once, how likely are they to do it for you again? Highly highly unlikely. That said, I usually leave a little in to make sure I don't feel like shi* for missing another run (SIRC, ENKS, and ALPP are prime examples of leaving a bit in to ride in case it continues soar). Also, the tax burden is a very real problem if you completely unload fast. I mean its not a bad problem, but that has to managed.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
george1992 said:

irish pete ag06 said:

He can't read.
SquareOne07
AG
BMIX
irish pete ag06
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

irish pete ag06 said:

haha, I do have a couple of the ones OP listed and I'll try to DD a couple of others over the weekend to see if I'd personally go in on em.

100% agree with the poster that said "never fall in love with pennies". Think of it this way, a lot of these will get you the 200-1,000% return initially. If they did that for you once, how likely are they to do it for you again? Highly highly unlikely. That said, I usually leave a little in to make sure I don't feel like shi* for missing another run (SIRC, ENKS, and ALPP are prime examples of leaving a bit in to ride in case it continues soar). Also, the tax burden is a very real problem if you completely unload fast. I mean its not a bad problem, but that has to managed.
Orlando, you and I dm'ed about this, but would you share a rudown on what your DD usually involves if its anything outside of just googling it.
HoustonAg2014
AG
CTXR
LatinAggie1997
AG
What can we expect, relatively, once ABML gets uplisted?
BobFriend13
AG
I'm in on TSNP and I'm going to do more research on it this weekend. I read what was posted on the other thread. When does a penny stock stop being a penny stock?
Playa00
AG
So I've been sitting in a good chunk of ENKS and MMNFF and they both started their true assent today. How long to hang? I feel like Medmen is about to take off and Enerkon is 1 yr away from an $8B plant. They don't seem like stickers?
playa00
PA24
AG
YouBet said:

FbgTxAg said:

Ubitag said:

Rule 1:

For ever successful penny stock, there are 10,000 failures. Someone is going to win the lotto might as well be u right?

In the long run, take my advise son, don't be a fool.

And don't bet.
AggieIce
AG
LatinAggie1997 said:

What can we expect, relatively, once ABML gets uplisted?

Seconded
YouBet
AG
Ubitag said:

YouBet said:

FbgTxAg said:

Ubitag said:

Rule 1:

For ever successful penny stock, there are 10,000 failures. Someone is going to win the lotto might as well be u right?

And don't bet.
I treat penny stocks like I do Vegas trips. It's entertainment expense and less than 1% of my total portfolio. It's money I have zero issues with losing. And since we are talking penny stocks I can throw relatively small amounts of money at it and get a ton of shares. Then, if it somehow hits big then awesome. If it fails, I don't care it was purely for fun anyway.
PA24
AG
YouBet said:

Ubitag said:

YouBet said:

FbgTxAg said:

Ubitag said:

Rule 1:

And don't bet.
I treat penny stocks like I do Vegas trips. It's entertainment expense and less than 1% of my total portfolio. It's money I have zero issues with losing. And since we are talking penny stocks I can throw relatively small amounts of money at it and get a ton of shares. Then, if it somehow hits big then awesome. If it fails, I don't care it was purely for fun anyway.

I also been around enough pump and dumps to see one coming. I am going make hundreds of dollars each week buying and unloading these dog stocks someone is pumping.

I lived on island near St Martin for years. Would love those tourist coming in with their so called play money ready to lose in Texas hold'em. Three of us locals waiting at the table with smiles on our faces, sipping our water and waiting for the booze to kick in on the marks. Never saw one leave the table when he was up, always played until he spent the last chip.
Good times!

Play money is tasty
Ted Lasso
Net free EGOC in Roth as well as individual brokerage accounts
RogueAg
AG
IN for this thread.

Following OZSC in particular.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I am interested in the process for penny stocks since I have very little experience in this realm. Questions for this thread:

How do you select pennies to follow? Is this primarily based on mentions in social media or do you scan for specific qualities?

Are there particular DD steps you generally go through before investing? Is you decision typically based on financial or technical signals? Do you look for ideas with growth upside and ignore the rest?

Do you have a set percentage of your portfolio it a set initial investment amount that you generally get in for most investments?

After you have invested do you have a certain profit point where you look to return some of your initial capital?
agdaddy04
AG
It certainly seems like an area that's risky but with what I'm using in my TDA account I'm okay with that. Here to learn more.
agdaddy04
AG
Anyone in RVVTF?
Ted Lasso
I look for momentum mostly and toss 1% or less of total acct into pennies. Biggest key for me is to get net free ASAP, get that invested capital back! What happens from there is all good. If nervous often times will get all capital back even if it requires me to sell more than half of shares to do so.
PA24
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

I am interested in the process for penny stocks since I have very little experience in this realm. Questions for this thread:

How do you select pennies to follow? Is this primarily based on mentions in social media or do you scan for specific qualities?

Are there particular DD steps you generally go through before investing? Is you decision typically based on financial or technical signals? Do you look for ideas with growth upside and ignore the rest?

Do you have a set percentage of your portfolio it a set initial investment amount that you generally get in for most investments?

After you have invested do you have a certain profit point where you look to return some of your initial capital?
Volume is a leading indicator, u want a stock with mucho daily volume movement.

Very few penny stocks will ever become a long time winner. Exceptions to all rules but there is a reason these stocks trade for pennies,

If a stock has 2 billion shares issued and is trading for a penny, chances are it will be nothing more than that.

Once you hear about the pumping of a stock, get into it but dump it once you hit a reasonable return on your money. Mine is 20%

Get out and then watch it for a few days. U should see a pattern until it finally goes flat and the pumpers move on.

If u can get on the ground floor of a pump and dump, u can literally make a fortune on the dump.

Rule 1
Never fall n love with a penny stock.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.