Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Manic Trading Thread

54,540 Views | 870 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearkatRunner88
AgsnFly
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does anyone have thoughts on the motivation behind the people that have been referenced here (manic and duck) as to why they offer their trade ideas to the public. It always reminds me of the black box trading strategies that have been on sale for many decades. Logically, if you have an edge in the market, then you would never share the information. I am probably old school and not recognizing the benefits of a trader giving up his edge but it seems to me that possible reasons are either to sale a service or to front run those who listen. Please tell me the other possibilities. Thanks in advance for your thoughts. GigEm
AgShaun00
AG
anyone playing sam? I see his twitter is blowing up with big wins. curious to see if that is reality or not
jtmoney03
AG
Big day on TSLA yesterday. Small play on ZS but that was mentioned on the big thread too, so others saw similar stuff that he did. He's been reaching a bit lately, but still managing to find a couple winners mixed in.
GreasenUSA
AG
AgShaun00 said:

anyone playing sam? I see his twitter is blowing up with big wins. curious to see if that is reality or not

He doesn't seem to talk about his losers from what I can tell. I know there are some subscribers here who swear by him.

I had a friend subscribe to him for March and April, and he ended up losing his entire account. Of course, he was new to options, and a compulsive gambler. I had to remind him weekly that he didn't need to constantly have the majority of his account in trades, but he didn't know how to manage his account. I had asked him to track all of his trades with all of sam's trades, but he didn't.

I kind of want to subscribe to sam some month out of pure curiosity. He appears too sloppy for me to follow frustration free. But if you aren't new to options, and know how to sell and manage an account, I'm sure he's great for some good set-ups.
McInnis 03
AG
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
jtmoney03
AG
See why I say he is the cockiest sum***** alive lol. I would not say I swear by him at all. In fact, my tone has changed a lot since the crash back in March. He was not good at all when the market was falling. A LOT of chasing happened and normally didn't pay off. He also struggled during the chop of the weeks following.

Honestly, he seems to have lost a bit of his touch in the last few weeks. Some of his favorites are TTD and BA and there was nothing yesterday for entry and they both killed it yesterday. He said on his call yesterday to not chase ZM. It then proceeded to make a lot of people money when the options reset after that drop to the low 200s and it climbed again. I would think his model would have seen that.

So I'll continue to say, he is not infallible by any means. Certainly worth a gamble of following for a month just to see his style if you are interested in comparing services. But I am very neutral on him at the moment.
AgShaun00
AG
jtmoney03 said:

See why I say he is the cockiest sum***** alive lol. I would not say I swear by him at all. In fact, my tone has changed a lot since the crash back in March. He was not good at all when the market was falling. A LOT of chasing happened and normally didn't pay off. He also struggled during the chop of the weeks following.

Honestly, he seems to have lost a bit of his touch in the last few weeks. Some of his favorites are TTD and BA and there was nothing yesterday for entry and they both killed it yesterday. He said on his call yesterday to not chase ZM. It then proceeded to make a lot of people money when the options reset after that drop to the low 200s and it climbed again. I would think his model would have seen that.

So I'll continue to say, he is not infallible by any means. Certainly worth a gamble of following for a month just to see his style if you are interested in comparing services. But I am very neutral on him at the moment.
great feedback
McInnis 03
AG
Duck seems to have his **** together
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
AgEng06
AG
Duck's TSLA puts from this morning have gone from $2 entry to $26 now.

(I wasn't in them, of course.)

Edit: now $33. He has quit updating it.
sherminator
Thinking of signing up for Duck. I signed up for Madaz Money and that one requires too much attention during the day, too hard to do with a full-time job. Do you think you can profit from Duck's service with periodic checks during the day?
AgShaun00
AG
sherminator said:

Thinking of signing up for Duck. I signed up for Madaz Money and that one requires too much attention during the day, too hard to do with a full-time job. Do you think you can profit from Duck's service with periodic checks during the day?
he trades a lot and tries to catch the wave. it is tough.
PPAag06
AG
sherminator said:

I personally just cancelled Duck. He was 10 times harder to follow than Maniac with normal daily flow. That being said, I made good money with him for the month I was in....just need to focus on my job more.
McInnis 03
AG
Duck is extremely sensitive to time. He's in and out all over the place.

B&I Key:
Exsurge Domine
McInnis 03 said:

Therein lies the rub. I missed out on something like $40k of profit due to a 7 minute phone call during the Elon musk tweet storm a month or so ago. I think most of us have actual jobs and it's so hard to fit in close expiration options day trading into a normal life schedule.
Jet Black
Who is duck?
PPAag06
AG
Jet Black said:

Who is duck?
Twitter @Duckingmoney
gig em 02
McInnis 03 said:

Any general idea how many losers he has had?
tlepoC
AG
Only the ones I join in on. He's easily hitting over 70% overall though.
McInnis 03
AG
gig em 02 said:

McInnis 03 said:

Any general idea how many losers he has had?

I'm not sure, but he is really good. I'm really surprised how good. His runners go, and I mean go..I've seen several 10x

B&I Key:
jtmoney03
AG
Have you put any thought into Carter's service? It's priced around the same as the others and they have a 7-day $7 trial going right now. 12thMan on the main thread seems to have good things to say about him and I know you are heavy into his book right now.
McInnis 03
AG
jtmoney03 said:

Have you put any thought into Carter's service? It's priced around the same as the others and they have a 7-day $7 trial going right now. 12thMan on the main thread seems to have good things to say about him and I know you are heavy into his book right now.

Already did the 7 day on his.

The trade alerts they send out as part of the package are quite good.

B&I Key:
sherminator
What's the website for Carter?
McInnis 03
AG
sherminator said:

What's the website for Carter?
www.simplertrading.com

B&I Key:
Goldie Wilson
Anybody still following Manic or Duck?
McInnis 03
AG
Dan 07 said:

Anybody still following Manic or Duck?
I'm on duck for a few more days.
The Pilot
AG
Not staying on?

Has anyone tried Trader Stewie?
McInnis 03
AG
The Pilot said:

Not staying on?

Has anyone tried Trader Stewie?
I just don't have the ability to get in and out as fast as those guys do.

Duck is good, I think he's really good, at least right now he is. If you have some capital and some dedicated time, he can help you make money.
OlArmy01
AG
For those of you following Duck, are you on his slack account or just Twitter? I see a lot of others on the slack but not necessarily Duck
McInnis 03
AG
OlArmy01 said:

For those of you following Duck, are you on his slack account or just Twitter? I see a lot of others on the slack but not necessarily Duck
I've used both to keep up with him. I think his twitter updates are rapid enough to be utilized.

B&I Key:
OlArmy01
AG
McInnis 03 said:

OlArmy01 said:

I've used both to keep up with him. I think his twitter updates are rapid enough to be utilized.
Gotcha. It seems like he his #trades slack thread is more up to date that twitter, unless I'm not on the right twitter account.
AgShaun00
AG
OlArmy01 said:

McInnis 03 said:

OlArmy01 said:

Gotcha. It seems like he his #trades slack thread is more up to date that twitter, unless I'm not on the right twitter account.
slack
BearkatRunner88
AG
Considering picking duck up for a month to check it out. Anyone that has gone away from him?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.