Business & Investing
Sponsored by

So bitcoin hit 1000 today

23,781 Views | 203 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by p-townag
wheelskjm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Nah
Buck Compton
AG
Bitcoin and blockchain technology are not synonymous. Bitcoin is the application of blockchain technology (aka a distributed ledger) with regards to a new fiat money. Has also been called cryptocurrency.

The publicly traded price of bitcoin that you trumpet is not an investment in blockchain but rather its specific application as an alternative, anonymous currency.
jh0400
AG
Buck Compton said:

Bitcoin and blockchain technology are not synonymous. Bitcoin is the application of blockchain technology (aka a distributed ledger) with regards to a new fiat money. Has also been called cryptocurrency.

The publicly traded price of bitcoin that you trumpet is not an investment in blockchain but rather its specific application as an alternative, anonymous currency.

At least someone else here gets it.
wheelskjm
AG
Nah
JustPanda
AG
Please stop posting. Let this thread die.
lead
ZoneClub said:

Please stop posting. Let this thread die.

This. Every time you post it brings it back to the top and resets the clock, as it were.
wheelskjm
AG
8 months later, $4k/bitcoin

Ragoo
AG
How much money have you made in bitcoin?
GlendaleAg
AG
Jon H. Ryan said:

How much money have you made in bitcoin?
Not much on BTC ... but made $2MM off $25k investment in Veritaseum (VERI) ico in May ... and about $300K on Populous (PPT) ico in June ... these will both be worth hundreds of millions in a couple of years and both have residual income as you hold or rent the tokens ... Populous is taking over accounts receivable invoice factoring on the blockchain ... Veritaseum will take away the hedge fund business from Goldman Sachs et al and they have already signed the Jamaican Stock Exchange to a MOU (memorandum of understanding) that begins on August 29th ... begin following @ReggieMiddleton on twitter if you want to learn ... any of you do Slack? ... go to Populous Slack to keep up

This is the future ladies and gents ... it's 1994 all over again and you can get in on the FANGs of cryptoworld .. if nothing else, invest in bitcion BTC and litecoin LTC as the debt based fiat system dies.

BTC will be @ $13K per bitcoin by next February
GlendaleAg
AG
In case some of you have never even seen this:

https://coinmarketcap.com/
DallasAggie0
Dang, how do you scout what you want to buy?
GlendaleAg
AG

GlendaleAg
AG
DallasAggie0 said:

Dang, how do you scout what you want to buy?
https://www.halfpasthuman.com/

... among other things ... best $99 you will ever spend
GlendaleAg
AG
If you're more of a BTC guy/gal (compared to other cryptos), Trace is your advocate:

DallasAggie0
Thanks I'll check that out. Just curious, what trading platform do you use?
GlendaleAg
AG
A little technical for newbies but just try to get the main ideas such as "this is 1995 all over again"

Chance Chase McMasters
Glendale,
How do you see these types of hacks disrupting trust in cryptocurrencies?

https://betanews.com/2017/07/25/veritaseum-cryptocurrency-loses-8-4-million-in-ico-hack/

Also, how did this happen? The whole purpose of block chain is a decentralized "unhackable" ledger.
wheelskjm
AG
Chase,
Not all blockchains are made equal, nor do any of them have the security that bitcoin currently enjoys (mining power).

More ICO's will likely be "hacked" whether socially engineered or thru coding flaws.

The ICO is about 10 months old as a function, there is ro to improve.
wheelskjm
AG

Check out @cburniske's Tweet:

redsox34
AG
Ahhh, the classic, "it's different this time" line.
wheelskjm
AG
Ah, the classic "I don't know what any of this means, but I'm going to post something anyways"
GlendaleAg
AG
https://cointelegraph.com/news/ico-funds-pass-vc-funding-filecoin-adds-more

GlendaleAg
AG
Posted this on the other crypto thread

Bix Weir is a good guy to follow each day on his YouTube channel and website www.roadtoroota.com

He's in his mid-50's so he can talk your language if you're hitting middle age and this is all new to you

Good luck!
Adverse Event
wheelskjm said:

Still good data, 6 years later.
Adverse Event
Diggity said:

I've given you some crap on here wheels but there's nothing wrong with being a fanboy.

Keep up the good fight and in five years you can bump this thread and make us all look as silly as the guys predicting the demise of Netflix.

Has it really been nearly 7 years from this thread?

Didn't realize zoneclub turned into justpanda.

Wonder what everyone thinks about bitcoin. I'm pretty sure some of the original naysayers are part of our texags bitcoin group now.

Good times. I miss wheelskjm.
What bitcoin’s detractors don’t understand is monetary economics, computer science, software engineering, network protocols, and electrical systems.

It ain't much, but it's honest Proof of Work.
p-townag
AG
Cool seeing this thread and what people were thinking back then. I started buying in 2019 simply out of FOMO and wanting to hit the lottery. Over the last year or so I've read the Bitcoin Standard and listened to over 100 hours of debates and podcasts on the subject of Bitcoin. I'm now a Bitcoin Maximalist and can't wait to watch the next decade unfold.
Adverse Event
Was it the bitcoin standard that did you in? Or what was the eureka moment?
What bitcoin’s detractors don’t understand is monetary economics, computer science, software engineering, network protocols, and electrical systems.

It ain't much, but it's honest Proof of Work.
Diggity
AG
Adverse Event said:

Diggity said:

I've given you some crap on here wheels but there's nothing wrong with being a fanboy.

Keep up the good fight and in five years you can bump this thread and make us all look as silly as the guys predicting the demise of Netflix.

Has it really been nearly 7 years from this thread?

Didn't realize zoneclub turned into justpanda.

Wonder what everyone thinks about bitcoin. I'm pretty sure some of the original naysayers are part of our texags bitcoin group now.

Good times. I miss wheelskjm.
but why...all he seemed to say was "nah"
p-townag
AG
Adverse Event said:

Was it the bitcoin standard that did you in? Or what was the eureka moment?

That's a good question. The Bitcoin Standard was definitely the catalyst. There are a few podcasts that really got the flame going. Lex Fridman and Michael Saylor, Lex Fridman and Saifedeen Ammous, and one of the many interviews Saylor does from his living room sealed the deal.

I've had a goal of how many Bitcoin I want to own and how many shares of MSTR I want to own. I accomplished the Bitcoin goal and am close to the MSTR goal.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.