Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,985,057 Views | 231562 Replies | Last: 47 min ago by spud1910
WestTexasAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bought SAVA yesterday. You can thank me for it being down.
WestTexasAg
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

How y'all feeling about SMCI earnings?

Will they finally announce a split?
I think it pops to $660-$725 range. If it can't get through there, I'll go neutral on my outlook with potential for another drop. If it can, I have end of the month probability based target range of $800-$900.

Thinking about jumping in on some shares here with full plans to sell if it gets into that range.

Edit: $660-$725 range.
Earnings after the bell today?
Heineken-Ashi
Yes
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
Heineken-Ashi
Brewmaster said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

just my observation, but they are trying hard to hold it down (below or at yesterday's close). It keeps knocking on that door and with volume. there have been some monster buys today too. I think they smoke earnings, it rips and like Prog has said, announce a split soon.
Yes, I'm long! I'll take the over on Heineken's PT. over 730
I could see $730, but there's tons of resistance between $725 and $750. It won't knife through there easily. If it does, it's heading to upper target range.

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
Heineken-Ashi
KVUE doing a thing.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Up to 30 shares of SMCI, $715/share.

Currently got 3 sell orders of 10 shares each at $720, $800, and $900.
Heineken-Ashi
ABNB post earnings target $140-$150. I give it a 60% probability. 40% chance of $113. I don't like the options returns so I think shares would be the play. And I would be out when it hits target at first sign of top if it goes up.

EnronAg
AG
sooooo, I'm guessing we're back to melting up?!?! just kinda surprised there was no margin call damage done after the open...never got back below the open when everyone was screaming more downside to come after margin calls go out...
CC09LawAg
Can someone smarter than me explain POWL today?

I'm curious what it might indicate when the volume drops off a cliff like it has - less than 1000 shares every 30 minutes the last hour or so.

Does this mean people are holding and waiting on the market to make a move? Are there no shares for sale and the shorts get squeezed and this is a sign that is coming?

Appreciate the insight anyone can offer.
Heineken-Ashi
Will take half of the SPY $540's off the table at 2x and leave the rest to run or die.

Brewmaster
AG
generally 1 of 2 things happens, and not to sound like a smartass but:

in a low float name like POWL I wouldn't worry about it at all. Volume drops and price stalls, either sellers have to step in and drop it (yesterday afternoon) or buyers step in and force it higher (potentially happening now with some 1k share buys).

and Heineken can give you a better answer than that!

Heineken-Ashi
I'm expecting RDFN to get dumped on earnings today. Would be surprised if not.

SW AG80
AG
Makes sense.
CC09LawAg
Thanks. I am not worried, it was just something that piqued my interest - it was funny to me when 5 minutes had gone by and the volume was "4". It just seemed crazy to me for only 4 shares to exchange hands in a five minute period.
Heineken-Ashi
$528.6 is bottom of resistance zone for SPY on hourly. Very close to hitting. Above that and we move to daily resistance zone of $535-$550.

ProgN
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I'm not concerned about their earnings.

They could take a short term dip if they don't split because WS will be pissy. Regardless, I'm not going to sell a share of what I control. I have a lot of money riding it too.
EnronAg
AG
agree...that SPY $528.60 gap seems inevitable to be filled today...I'm very curious to see where we go after that...
knoxtom
EnronAg said:

sooooo, I'm guessing we're back to melting up?!?! just kinda surprised there was no margin call damage done after the open...never got back below the open when everyone was screaming more downside to come after margin calls go out...

More margin calls will appear when Toyko again raises their rates. Expect that in a couple weeks.

The financial guys are trying to protect against it right now
HoustonAg_2009
Prog - Thanks for the heads up on this one. A bit interesting it's down on a day like today. Went ahead and started a position in it.
ProgN
HoustonAg_2009 said:

Prog - Thanks for the heads up on this one. A bit interesting it's down on a day like today. Went ahead and started a position in it.
It's been almost cut in half and forward PE is ridiculously low. If SMCI smashes earnings tonight, then DELL could spike tomorrow too.
HoustonAg_2009
Lets see Dell's price rise into earnings on 8/29.
ProgN
HoustonAg_2009 said:

I think that's a given from where it's trading at these levels.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
SMCI starting to move now.
Cru
S
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I entered her.
ProgN
Cru said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

I entered her.
Brewmaster
AG
ProgN said:

HoustonAg_2009 said:

You sold me on it. I like your style. sold off names making money with low P/E's.
Brewmaster
AG
ProgN said:

Cru said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

I entered her.

it's happening! lol

repost b/c incredible...

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TNA also going upwards. Appropriately.
ProgN
Brewmaster said:

ProgN said:

HoustonAg_2009 said:

You sold me on it. I like your style. sold off names making money with low P/E's.
Another reason I feel safe buying it here is that XAI bought $10B of AI servers. Half went to DELL and the other half went to SMCI. Now I own both of Elon's suppliers.
TheVarian
AG
That drawing
Heineken-Ashi
Net free on SPY Aug 9 $540's. Let's get $550 now and print some $10 contracts.

Number Monkey
AG
Taking it in the shorts with ALB. Anyone have a solid stop recommendation?
ProgN
Number Monkey said:

Taking it in the shorts with ALB. Anyone have a solid stop recommendation?
I'm leaving mine alone and not worrying about it.
Heineken-Ashi
SPY can run through tomorrow anywhere between $535-$543. Major resistance in the range.

Brewmaster
AG
wow, that's huge. thx for sharing.

unrelated, but saw this morning X is going to sue Google now over their biased search feature.
First Page Last Page
Page 6566 of 6617

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.