Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,985,183 Views | 231564 Replies | Last: 6 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
ProgN
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Heineken-Ashi said:

Regarding SAVA, I have this being an upward correction, with renewed selling to follow. But I put almost no confidence in Elliott Wave on pharma companies that don't have a long history and deep pantry of very successful drugs. Only well establish ones will operate on mass sentiment which is needed for EW. Companies in their infancy, without any drug approvals, and without any profit, might act on sentiment between news events if widely traded.. but will be completely dependent on fundamentals (drug approvals) and news drops.

Long story short, you're not going to learn anything on what's next for SAVA from anything technical. And as Farmer states, if you don't know the results ahead of time, its a gamble.

Dont have money invested you aren't willing to lose. I had a lot back in the day on PROG (now BIOR) and that worked out not well. I was trading technicals that didn't matter.
Please provide more clarity that "PROG" was a stock, not a person (me). It just came across as confusing.
Heineken-Ashi
ProgN said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

Regarding SAVA, I have this being an upward correction, with renewed selling to follow. But I put almost no confidence in Elliott Wave on pharma companies that don't have a long history and deep pantry of very successful drugs. Only well establish ones will operate on mass sentiment which is needed for EW. Companies in their infancy, without any drug approvals, and without any profit, might act on sentiment between news events if widely traded.. but will be completely dependent on fundamentals (drug approvals) and news drops.

Long story short, you're not going to learn anything on what's next for SAVA from anything technical. And as Farmer states, if you don't know the results ahead of time, its a gamble.

Dont have money invested you aren't willing to lose. I had a lot back in the day on PROG (now BIOR) and that worked out not well. I was trading technicals that didn't matter.
Please provide more clarity that "PROG" was a stock, not a person (me). It just came across as confusing.
I was talking about this one, with a new bullish price target from an analyst that still leaves my devalued bag 75% in the red.

Biora Therapeutics Buy Rating Confirmed by Positive Phase 1 Trial Outcomes and NaviCap Technology Potential | Markets Insider (businessinsider.com)
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
cjo03
AG

Edit: this quote is from 2021, not current - don't want to be misleading. there was a comment above about the history of sava.

McInnis 03 said:

$SAVA jsut got a PT of $1285 on seeking alpha!??!

not sure which one, but pretty sure one of the McInnis 03's ignited the fire on SAVA like 3+ years ago.

At least this price target from 2021 was the first I remembered of it since it was like more than 12x the price at the time.
WestTexasAg
AG
Interesting that CRWD was one of the few in the green yesterday. Bounce back coming?
harge57
AG
I feel like if most retail investor sites are down they should halt trading. Makes no sense to allow trading to continue with 90% of retail traders locked out. I'd imagine they would if multiple institutional investors were having issues.
sts7049
AG
sooner or later these platforms have to be held accountable. it's completely unacceptable.
gougler08
AG
Surprised to see our futures only up moderately after the Nikkei gained everything back?
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Bummer lads, looks like futures are up a little but I'm not buying it, so the Yugo got a little exercise yesterday and will be standing by…….
Txducker
AG
aggies4life said:

What trading platform had no issues today?

Sick of Schwab having these issues!
tastytrade and fidelity for me
gougler08
AG
LUMN going crazy in pre-market again
Tumble Weed
Heineken-Ashi said:

Here's something to watch for. So far, we are holding the 2007 fractal extremely closely. Remember, this is the same year, and roughly the same time of year, that bond yield started tanking in 2007 following a year of FED pause above 5% and jawboning about "need more data to feel sure we've beaten inflation". The JPY carry trade also started to unwind then.

SPX bottomed on Aug 4, the first Monday of the month, down 8% from its recent high. It then rebounded strongly for 2 days, retracing the drop by nearly 61.8%, topping on Wednesday Aug 6. It then sold back off through Thursday Aug 15th, slightly more than a 100% extension of the initial drop from the Wednesday top. Following that bottom, the market mostly went up for 56 days to a new high with the real acceleration starting September 10th and ending October 11th. What came next was.. well.. you know.. the thing.

Similarly, we bottomed from a recent high on the first Monday of August after bond yields started to sell off and the blow up of the JPY carry trade. A 61.8% retrace takes us to 5452 on Wednesday. A 100% extension move of the initial drop from that point would put the SPX around the low 4900's next Thursday. 56 days from that is October 12th and a similar target would be SPX 5750.

Based on the 2007 crash beginning, (warning - projection based on a single fractal in time and likely not to play out the exact same way, if it all) the election this year would fall with SPX back down to pretty much where are today give or take some. There would be a low in late November probably just north of SPX 5000, a rebound back to the area we are in today by mid December, and then a Christmas selloff lasting through January followed by the first major bottom in March in the 4480 range.
Probably the best post that you have made this year.

With the algos that we have trading now, I expect that it will look different. This shows that there are many exit points along the way.
Heineken-Ashi
PLTR - $24.40 key support until it can get over yesterday's post earnings high. New high and resistance becomes $31.50 range then $33.50.

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
Heineken-Ashi
Blow through the 61.8% retrace level and that's a good initial bullish sign.

ProgN
I'm adding $DELL at the open
Heineken-Ashi
Bought SPY $540 Aug 9 Calls. Zero or hero.

hedge
I don't think we are out of the woods or close. This is all just guessing but I see us on a downward trend until 2025
WestTexasAg
AG
hedge said:

I don't think we are out of the woods or close. This is all just guessing but I see us on a downward trend until 2025
I'm far from an expert, but I agree with you. Gotta keep some powder dry for a while.
McInnis 03
AG
cjo03 said:

Edit: this quote is from 2021, not current - don't want to be misleading. there was a comment above about the history of sava.

McInnis 03 said:

$SAVA jsut got a PT of $1285 on seeking alpha!??!

not sure which one, but pretty sure one of the McInnis 03's ignited the fire on SAVA like 3+ years ago.

At least this price target from 2021 was the first I remembered of it since it was like more than 12x the price at the time.

Truth be told, luckiest call ever made. Shortly after spotting it went buck wild on preliminary drug results
Brewmaster
AG
ProgN said:

MRB10
AG
Your opinion is oddly similar to everything HA has been posting and predicting for the last 6 months. How odd.
Cloud
Hopefully. Just in time for IRA funding
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Canceled my initial $36 target for TNA yesterday. Moved up to $38.
ProgN
Brewmaster said:

ProgN said:

$DELL closed that huge gap from March 1st and with that PE, I just can't help but feel safe owning it. The AI effect is still going to happen. It should be a huge tailwind for them because demand for computer upgrades and servers, etc. will happen. I could easily see this print $150/shr in under a year. It's an excellent candidate for IRAs with the potential give you 50%+ ROI.
Brewmaster
AG
sts7049 said:

sooner or later these platforms have to be held accountable. it's completely unacceptable.
absolutely. I wanted to get on TOS and grab a few calls on the dip yesterday. They would've made a mint, would've.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
How y'all feeling about SMCI earnings?

Will they finally announce a split?
TheVarian
AG
Lord I hope so. I need to get some excitement going and recoup some losses
EnronAg
AG
BOOM!!! Out of LUMN after almost 2 years of dead money at a nice little gain...I'm happy with my day already
idAg09
EnronAg said:

BOOM!!! Out of LUMN after almost 2 years of dead money at a nice little gain...I'm happy with my day already

I need to get to $5.52 to break even. Debating if I should cut my losses now or just keep that sucker to inch out a win (or not and regret it later)
YNWA_AG
AG
Lock in a gain on leaps after whoever suggested getting the $7 leaps forever ago. What a ride from 0
Ags2013
AG
idAg09 said:

EnronAg said:

I need to get to $5.52 to break even. Debating if I should cut my losses now or just keep that sucker to inch out a win (or not and regret it later)

You're getting pretty dang close
scoodogg
AG
I sold my LUMN calls for a slight gain after holding them for a long time.

Had I waited a little longer, I could have doubled my money. Oh well...
I bleed maroon
AG
idAg09 said:

EnronAg said:

My cost basis is $1. Still holding, but I bought $3 puts a few days ago after the last runup to provide some insurance.

Looks like it met resistance trying to get over the 100% daily gain today.
E
AG
EnronAg said:

Thanks to whoever mentioned it a while back!

I bought some 1/25 $7 LEAPS that I was very negative on for a while...
Heineken-Ashi
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I think it pops to $660-$725 range. If it can't get through there, I'll go neutral on my outlook with potential for another drop. If it can, I have end of the month probability based target range of $800-$900.

Thinking about jumping in on some shares here with full plans to sell if it gets into that range.

Edit: $660-$725 range.

Brewmaster
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

just my observation, but they are trying hard to hold it down (below or at yesterday's close). It keeps knocking on that door and with volume. there have been some monster buys today too. I think they smoke earnings, it rips and like Prog has said, announce a split soon.
Yes, I'm long! I'll take the over on Heineken's PT. over 730
First Page Last Page
Page 6565 of 6617

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.