Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,970,016 Views | 231554 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by El_duderino
Brewmaster
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Lovely, seeing multiple sources report war may be breaking out. Lebanon/ Israel/ Iran
ProgN
I believe that we are in the throes of what could be a significant correction. I'm not selling POWL, SMCI or any other of the ones I've previously posted because they're solid.

If anyone is using margin, you might want to consider getting off of it.
giddings_ag_06
AG
Looks like MARA's earnings weren't good and lots of misses. Flat after hours. Bitcoin is so weird.
MRB10
AG
They've been in a war for a while. The media is just finally getting their cue to say the quiet part.
TheVarian
AG
Looks like it's about to get worse too

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/intel-cuts-15000-jobs-more-than-it-expected-to-add-with-chips-act-funding/
Heineken-Ashi
giddings_ag_06 said:

Looks like MARA's earnings weren't good and lots of misses. Flat after hours. Bitcoin is so weird.
$148M of their $200M loss was due to accounting adjustment to FMV

Quote:

Previous accounting for crypto assets required impairment losses for decreases in fair value but prohibited "writing up" crypto assets and recognizing gains for increases in fair value. This treatment prevented certain institutional investors from investing in the asset class. We expect the new standard to make investing in certain crypto assets more appealing to entities that prepare GAAP financial statements, given the accounting will better reflect the underlying economics of the crypto investments.

Calendar year-end companies will have one year after the final rules are released to prepare to implement them for fiscal years beginning after December 15, 2024. However, a company can voluntarily early adopt the new guidance in any interim or annual period for which financial statements have not been issued (such adoption is required to be reflected as of the beginning of the fiscal year).
New FASB guidance on accounting for crypto assets | Deloitte US

They have 20k BTC and are not selling them. And they are guiding to some of the highest hash rate in the game by year end. If BTC engages the next bull run, MARA is going to fly.

This earnings was nothing but adopting the new accounting measures. I've removed my stop (not recommeding that, just my personal strategy), and am prepared to buy more if it comes down to $16 or lower. And if we get $10 again, I might 5x my position.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
giddings_ag_06
AG
Yea, I was just thinking the same thing. Great minds my friend, great minds…
Heineken-Ashi
I think I can narrow NVDA down to two likely paths, yellow being my current alternate as the bullish path barely leads right now. As always, please don't pay mind to the timing on the chart. It's mostly illustrative.

A. Reverse head and shoulders formed today with a 2nd wave reversal. Needs to take out yesterday's high, then get through $130, and then get through $140. After that, it can't cross back below $121.50 if it wants a chance at $150.

B. 2 of the 3 waves in place for the bearish count. Can play out a multitude of ways as B waves of any type are the most unpredictable and chaotic as bulls and bears duke it out punch for punch. As long as the next move is below ATH, this can still be setting up a longer term drop. Ideal path for this count is butt its head on bottom of upper supply zone at $130 and then reverse down rather sharply below $120. Should this reverse down lower, anything from $75-$100 is on the table for next lower landing spot with high $80's to low $90's most likely at this point in time.

Of course, it could do something completely different than all of this. As I've said, corrections are hard to predict. I'm just laying out the cleanest version of what appears to be the two most probable paths. Market rarely chooses "clean" though, as evidenced by today's overall action. Know the pivot zones.

I will say this.. if NVDA can't make a new high and drops below $100 after another move up above yesterday's high, chances increase significantly that a long term top has been struck. The downward waves I'm showing are only the first two phases of what's likely a 3-4 phase correction in this case, each new phase a larger degree move.

Part of me wants this to be the bearish case, as price would fully reset probably between election and early next year and setup a massive 1-2 year bull phase for a significantly higher top.

I am on the sideline, but if tomorrow starts up, I might throw in with a stop at today's low for a nice R/R.

And why do I keep focusing on NVDA day after day? Because this one stock has been the coal fueling the titanic. If it engages full bear, so will the rest of the market. And while a major correction in this one will feel painful, the rest of the market doesn't have the insanely bullish fundamentals of NVDA. It can get real real bad real fast.

Stay on your toes. Remove your bias. Trade the market in front of you, not the want you want it to be. Wait for confirmation that something was legitimately in a dip before buying the dip. The biggest mistake I see in share buying is people who think they are layering into something only to look up in a massive hole. YOU DONT HAVE TO BOTTOM CATCH. It's far better to stay nimble and wait for confirmation. What's better.. making a 36% return in a couple months on NVDA shares at the risk of a 50% drop? Or making a 20% return after confirmation with a strategic stop that only risks 5%? I know which one I pick every single time.

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
ProgN
TheVarian said:

Looks like it's about to get worse too

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/intel-cuts-15000-jobs-more-than-it-expected-to-add-with-chips-act-funding/
Don't stress over INTC laying off people or axing their dividend. They should've done that a longtime ago. That company has been hot garbage for quite awhile. Everyone is more surprised it took them this long to make the decision that they should've made a few years ago. That said, other solid companies making cuts is not to be discounted. Economy is slowing down.
ProgN
hedge said:

Grandma ain't too happy I reckon
I find that more depressing instead of humorous. He was gambling (guessing) with money that he never earned and betrayed the person who worked for it and believed in him. I doubt he could tell you anything of significance about INTC other than that they make microchips and their stock symbol. He didn't have to work for that gracious gift from his grandma and his arrogance flushed her trust down the toilet. I have zero doubt that he didn't learn a damned thing and will trade that gift to zero and then say 'WTF, it's all rigged'. He's only shown the world that his an ungrateful ****ing idiot. His dad should beat the **** out of him, imo.
Bocephus
AG
ProgN said:

hedge said:

I find that more depressing instead of humorous. He was gambling (guessing) with money that he never earned and betrayed the person who worked for it and believed in him. I doubt he could tell you anything of significance about INTC other than that they make microchips and their stock symbol. He didn't have to work for that gracious gift from his grandma and his arrogance flushed her trust down the toilet. I have zero doubt that he didn't learn a damned thing and will trade that gift to zero and then say 'WTF, it's all rigged'. He's only shown the world that his an ungrateful ****ing idiot. His dad should beat the **** out of him, imo.

It's only a loss if you sell
TAMU ‘98 Ole Miss ‘21
Chef Elko
AG
Dude was gifted 10-20 years off his working age and he's oblivious to the corporate grind. If he didn't learn now, he will soon understand.
sts7049
AG
ProgN said:

hedge said:

i haven't read anything the kid posted on WSB, but, i would say most of your assumptions here are a bit unfair.
El_duderino
All he had to do was throw that money into a money market for the time being and he'd be making $35k per year while in college. I mean at least put it into Apple or nvidia and not the pile of **** that is Intel
M4 Benelli
Just buy some tangible property. Kid will probably double down, blow all the inheritance, and end up living with Daddy until he is 45. Butt whooping is right.

"Deeeer deer these geeks on WSB will think I'm cool if I take this risk slobber slobber."

In the interest of fairness I went to the biggest hell hole on earth (Reddit) to read more about this moron.

Kid was gifted a free ride to University by his parents.
His granny died two months ago.
Parents were proud he was going to invest instead of buying pokemon cards.
Cited half a dozen flimsy reasons why he believes in INTEL.
Is going to HODL.
Likes his tendies with tangy ranch.

El_duderino
Surprised on the guidance raise from Block
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Everything in freefall in pre.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
And away...
we...
GO!
El_duderino
Way low nfp and unemployment up
confucius_ag
AG
Dry powder ready.
"Me not know, me not tell, me push button and run like hell."
Heineken-Ashi
NVDA - shifting to option B as base case. Not good.

confucius_ag
AG
NVDA below 90 and will buy a sizable position.
"Me not know, me not tell, me push button and run like hell."
Spoony Love
AG
VIX at highest in past six months and not to far away from yearly high. Hold on to your butts.
Heineken-Ashi
My PLTR and ZION puts from 1-2 months back will finally be in the green. If you remember my posts on ZION, I was playing an ich cloud reversal with $46 min target and hoping for $44. Pre market got into the $46's. Let's see if it goes lower.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Sold a decent chunk of BRK-B, rotated into TNA and SOXQ.
CC09LawAg
Dead cat bounce today or more red candles?

I can't imagine it just going straight down again today, seems like it'll have to bounce back up into the 540 range before it flushes.
Heineken-Ashi
Stops being hit left and right. Some that were moved up to lock small profit, some that were kept from entry.

Heineken-Ashi
SMCI $600 close. $550 possible. Tried to tell yall

nortex97
AG
Very nice opening 10 minutes for my precious metals calls (SLV/GDX) and various market puts (SPY, DIA, IWM).
Brewmaster
AG
I wanted 5300, we made it close enough, I will start buying some stuff today.

look at last year in August, we had a decent bounce off the 100 day. but continued to sell after the bounce.
Heineken-Ashi
Brewmaster said:

I wanted 5300, we made it close enough, I will start buying some stuff today.

look at last year in August, we had a decent bounce off the 100 day. but continued to sell after the bounce.
Maybe not a bad strategy, but I will caution that that was in the early stages in an uptrend and this is coming off a major high. Different environments.

Heineken-Ashi
POWL, below $144 and the H&S pattern takes center stage with pressure firmly down.

I bleed maroon
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Sold a decent chunk of BRK-B, rotated into TNA and SOXQ.
I'm banking some of my gains on TNA, QQQ and SOXL puts today. About the only green spots in the portfolio, however.
Heineken-Ashi
ALB downside target achieved as I laid out a couple weeks ago. Not going to try and bottom catch, so if I can spot 5 waves up off a low, I will wait for corrective retrace and jump in.

Heineken-Ashi
2yr yield 3.9%. 10yr 3.85%. What did I say happens when bond yield start falling fast? Below 3.5% and the FED might force an emergency cut, then we will be off the the races.

Everything is following 2007 still incredibly well. Only thing is, we might be 1-2 months earlier in the action.

First Page Last Page
Page 6551 of 6616

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.