Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,968,200 Views | 231553 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
El_duderino
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I booked profits at $180. I believe it'll go higher, but it's guaranteed profits and shorts seem to be hitting it right there around the $180-$181 level so far.

Will re enter on another drop without hesitation though
Number Monkey
AG
I plan on holding, but I'm probably going to put a stop in somewhere that'll lock in at least a significant portion of my gains. Will have no problem buying back in at a future price if it comes down similar to what happened after the last ER.
El Chupacabra
anyone have any grand thoughts on AMAT?
SW AG80
AG
I am not selling either. Back in November/December I got out way too early. Left lots of money on the table.

I think Powell easily gets to $200. I will then start setting limit sales and will raise those as Powell goes up. Your upside maybe too optimistic but it is within the realm of possibilities.

I made Powell my biggest holding. $50,000 in an IRA and $50,000 in a regular account. So I am thinking big.
Talon2DSO
AG
AgCPA95 said:

Dale Earnhardts Stache said:

Thanks to Prog for the POWL call.

Are we taking profits on POWL? Or do we think there is room left to run?
There are lot smarter folks and better stock analyzers on here but here is my $.02 ignoring all other market factors.

After last quarter their trailing 12 month EPS was $8.59 and they ran to $209. After this quarter trailing 12 month EPS is $10.65 so a trailing 12 multiple is $259 per share. If they could maintain just $3.00 per quarter for awhile that is $12 annual EPS and 25x (what their trailing multiple has been around) gets you to $300. I'm not selling.

I booked profits.
CC09LawAg
This is where I am at. Hold to give it the opportunity to test its previous high, then start setting stops.
CC09LawAg
Of note, in a way back post Heineken identified $175 as a previous resistance level, so we may be seeing that play out here.
El_duderino
COST pushing up nicely. Option volume for Sep expiry now showing support at $820 with next big put resistance at $850.
AgCPA95
AG
Listened in to most of $POWL call that just concluded.

- Expanding facilities next to existing Mosely plant which will come online 2025.
- Solid bookings of $356 million during the quarter maintaining backlog with comparable margins.
- Had some plus-up with close out of some projects during the quarter (maybe a hint/hedge on EPS growth slowing which has to happen as they can't maintain this rate of increase)
- Continued SG&A efficiencies as they scale up
- Opportunities in battery storage space for particular specialties they bring to those projects
- Zero debt with over $350 million of cash and equivalents; They have a $150 million credit facility with zero borrowings. $62 million available after backing out $88 million of letters of credit outstanding.
- Mentioned acquisition possibilities and "nothing to announce right now" but I get a sense you should see some coming.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Man I really should've gone in heavier on NVDA yesterday.
hedge

WE ARE BACK IN BUSINESS BOYS
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Rotated some BRK.B into QQQM and SOXQ.
Great move for me.
LMCane
AgCPA95 said:

Listened in to most of $POWL call that just concluded.

- Expanding facilities next to existing Mosely plant which will come online 2025.
- Solid bookings of $356 million during the quarter maintaining backlog with comparable margins.
- Had some plus-up with close out of some projects during the quarter (maybe a hint/hedge on EPS growth slowing which has to happen as they can't maintain this rate of increase)
- Continued SG&A efficiencies as they scale up
- Opportunities in battery storage space for particular specialties they bring to those projects
- Zero debt with over $350 million of cash and equivalents; They have a $150 million credit facility with zero borrowings. $62 million available after backing out $88 million of letters of credit outstanding.
- Mentioned acquisition possibilities and "nothing to announce right now" but I get a sense you should see some coming.

I took all of the assemblage advice here to load up on POWELL and was looking foolish the last few months.

Diamond Hands to the moon!
LMCane
hedge said:

WE ARE BACK IN BUSINESS
this is a direct video feed into the Microsoft Executive offices after learning Pelosi sold:

hedge
CC09LawAg
Sorry, you don't get to play with us with your constant bleeding and whining about it over the last few weeks. People like you will run off good posters who try to give good advice because you can't 1.) self reflect and 2.) exercise patience.

That will be the only time I address it in this thread because I don't want to derail.
CC09LawAg
Man this volume on POWL is crazy.

Just passed the high from when it shot up after Q2 earnings. Seems like a lot of buying going on. Hopefully we don't see that drop off into chop and it looks more like it did after Q1.

But I suppose we'll know a lot more after 1 PM today.
Brewmaster
AG
hedge said:

WE ARE BACK IN BUSINESS BOYS
she should've bought POWL!

Brewmaster
AG
Yeah headed much higher I'm not selling a single share.

food for thought...

CC09LawAg
See you on the other side!
EliteZags
AG
AgCPA95 said:

Dale Earnhardts Stache said:

Thanks to Prog for the POWL call.

Are we taking profits on POWL? Or do we think there is room left to run?
There are lot smarter folks and better stock analyzers on here but here is my $.02 ignoring all other market factors.

After last quarter their trailing 12 month EPS was $8.59 and they ran to $209. After this quarter trailing 12 month EPS is $10.65 so a trailing 12 multiple is $259 per share. If they could maintain just $3.00 per quarter for awhile that is $12 annual EPS and 25x (what their trailing multiple has been around) gets you to $300. I'm not selling.

EliteZags
AG
those in relatively high tax brackets, are you taking short vs long term CG into account at all with POWL?

assuming the trader crowd isn't, but high majority of my portfolio is long 3yr+ holds, seems this one is a common swing trade but with some fundamental hold prospects as well

my 1st purchase was only 2 months ago so not really close to getting there either way just wish had hit this in my recent Roth/HSA trading uptick
HoustonAg_2009
Prog always coming through in the clutch Congrats on the POWL call…. AGAIN. May sell half here and let the rest ride…buy shares back if it gives some back.

ALB - Buying after earnings seems reasonable.

Not much chatter on CRWD nosedive - 40% since their IT crash. Worth buying for swing or long term hold?
AgCPA95
AG
EliteZags said:

those in relatively high tax brackets, are you taking short vs long term CG into account at all with POWL?

assuming the trader crowd isn't, but high majority of my portfolio is long 3yr+ holds, seems this one is a common swing trade but with some fundamental hold prospects as well

my 1st purchase was only 2 months ago so not really close to getting there either way just wish had hit this in my recent Roth/HSA trading uptick

Yes, and I have different lots as well, so can lessen the blow with higher priced lots if I want to take some off the table.

M4 Benelli
No interest rate cut.
El_duderino
Didn't expect one for this meeting, but no indication of cut in September is interesting. Will see what J Powell says
El Chupacabra
I sold a 7/31 550 and 555 call against some SPY shares not thinking they'd hit...now I'm wondering.
atmag95
AG
What's the line of thinking on MSFT?

I am surprised to see them in the red today. I figured they would at least be in the green somewhat.

Thoughts?
WoMD
I know that it's been awhile since it's been discussed (unless I've missed it), but any thoughts on NET with earnings tomorrow?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Enjoying one of my still relatively rare 5-digit days.
BlueTaze
Some $548 puts for 0.10 lotto
EliteZags
AG
HUMA pushing for $10

what's play here I degen'd couple hundred shares in HSA up 80%
ProgN
HoustonAg_2009 said:

Prog always coming through in the clutch Congrats on the POWL call…. AGAIN. May sell half here and let the rest ride…buy shares back if it gives some back.

ALB - Buying after earnings seems reasonable.

Not much chatter on CRWD nosedive - 40% since their IT crash. Worth buying for swing or long term hold?

Howdy Family!

Not apologizing for my absence this morning, because we all celebrate in our own ways. My beautiful 'friend with benefits' came over and she asked me to take this morning off. I love you guys, but not that damn much, lol.

After reading everyone's POWL posts last evening, you all, some for their first time, participating, profiting, and experiencing the full power of the market and how it better your lives was wonderful. I am humbled by the kind words, but you should be thanking yourselves. I brought a stock to your attention, but it was you that decided to hit enter and buy shares committing real money, not me, I was just a voice on the journey. We all made money, but I wanted it more you and money can't replace that. Great job gang! _

Obligatory for POWL:

FTR: I haven't sold a share of POWL as of yet, because I believe it will take out it's high very quickly. Across the 4 accounts that you know I control, I took a hefty amount of shares in POWL last week. If you've sold, don't rebuy because there are no guarantees that I'll be right and never regret booking a 30% profit or you deserve to be slapped. I did enjoy reading posts from this morning stressing about booking a huge profit or keep riding the ride. Those are a lot more fun than the ones we all have about booking a loss.

This is what I will begin to do after I post this with respect to transparency. I am selling only 15% of my POWL shares that I control and I'm going to roll it into ALB. 100 shares of POWL is roughly 200 shares of ALB. I am not doing this with half of my POWL shares, just 15%. This will be my first tranche of ALB and if their earnings tonight are good, then Heini is correct, I too believe it'll run to between $110-125 pretty quickly. If not, then I can add to my position at a lower entry point because I really see potential in it. I'm playing with house money anyway.

Happy for everyone!

Gig'em

Prog
hedge
Congrats
El_duderino
First Page Last Page
Page 6546 of 6616

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.