Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,964,251 Views | 231545 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by BlueTaze
EliteZags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Brewmaster said:

LMCane said:

txaggie_08 said:

POWL starting the build going into earnings next week?

Because I trust the wisdom of this board -

I started a position in POWL and since it's down 15%
what txaggie_08 said, but also Rule 1 here. Never hold to 15%. Go in with a target in mind and for that matter buy at a target. Then set stops between 5 and 10%.

At this point though I'd hold and not look at it. It will really rip, it just might take a little time...it could also keep running up til earnings, then you would be back in green or at least even.

obvs this depends whether your intentions are to swing trade or long hold the equity, which there has seemed to be sentiment for both sides with this one though with several here shifting more towards long lately

I'm also down ~15% on my initial purchase, but instead of getting stopped out at a loss with zero ownership, kept adding down to 127 and now green with 10x the share qty

though pretty much all my positions are long holds, I don't realize enough losses to be able to counter STCG's
Heineken-Ashi
Just added to my DVN position
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
ProgN
POWL reports next Tuesday AH. If they continue to crush expectations as they've done every qtr for over a year, and their backlog remains over $1B+ with strong guidance then this thing is on a launchpad. They hit on those three metrics, and I think they will it could see $250/shr with the quickness. You throw in the short interest and small float, that will add more boosters imo. The added benefit will be imagining POWL feeding short sellers into a woodchipper. I definitely wouldn't be short POWL into earnings. Hell, they may cover before next Tuesday too.
ProgN
txaggie_08 said:

Certain posters have been saying it was going to sell off before Q2 ER. Pretty sure Prog has said repeatedly he's waiting for $123 to back up the truck.

The fact you bought at a higher price is your own decision and no one else to blame. If you can't handle the responsibility maybe you should stick to spamming the Politics board.

I made some decent money off of POWL's Q1 results thanks to this board. I'm currently down in POWL from when I started a new position, but I've been buying on the way down as well, and ready to see the ER next week, and the hopeful pop in price once more.
Just wanted you to see the post right above this one. Hopefully it explains why I chose to re-enter it today, even though it's higher than my target. I'm going to be onboard for this ride.
Brewmaster
AG

POWL still respecting that trend line. may move down from here before earnings, but I'd call that bullish for earnings.
ProgN
Brewmaster said:

POWL still respecting that trend line. may move down from here before earnings, but I'd call that bullish for earnings.
Pull up a 6 month chart on POWL with the following indicators:

Bollinger Bands
50,100,200 DMAs
RSI
MACD
Stoch

Tell me what you see and what it's telling you, por favor.

M4 Benelli
LMCane said:

txaggie_08 said:

POWL starting the build going into earnings next week?

Because I trust the wisdom of this board -

I started a position in POWL and since it's down 15%

Aren't you a LONG term investor? Why you tripping?

Adding another 100 shares of POWL at this price, in PROG I trust. I got enough cash reserves to lower my basis or cash out if it rockets. Now we wait...
Heineken-Ashi
I still see $120 POWL before earnings.

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
ProgN
Heineken-Ashi said:

I still see $120 POWL before earnings.
I'll take that bet.
Brewmaster
AG
Wow, great points, MACD looks ready to rip too
- zooming out 6 months, it says "Brew you should've bought in the 120's!" lol. Looks like 128/129 is line in the sand to hold this move up. If it drops out of this trend up, could see Heineken's 120, but that might be a very brief trip if it does. 200 day is 129.

yeah solid trend line up now for months.

El_duderino
GOOG beats on both and TSLA only beats on revenue with an EPS miss.
Heineken-Ashi
Glad I didn't buy TSLA calls.

Support is still $125-$130 range.

Edit: $225-$230. Holy hell I could have seriously misled people with that lol

ProgN
Brewmaster said:

- zooming out 6 months, it says "Brew you should've bought in the 120's!" lol. Looks like 128/129 is line in the sand to hold this move up. If it drops out of this trend up, could see Heineken's 120, but that might be a very brief trip if it does. 200 day is 129.

1) MACD is angling higher
2) RSI turning higher into earnings and their ER could send it above 50 triggering buy programs
3) Stoch, least reliable imo, is also angling higher
4) Bollies getting really tight. The stock is coiling and building energy for a significant move one direction or the other. They'll have to whiff their ER for it to be to the downside.
5) Resistance becomes support. At the end of January it blew through resistance up to the $120s. That new support was confirmed in April and again last week.

I took the opposite side of the bet with Heine of his $120 PT, not because it's not possible, but because time isn't in his favor. As of now, he has 5 trading days until they report earnings. I think some shorts will cover into that number to reduce exposure. POWL's small float, with that short interest a week before earnings is not a place they want to be. At least I know I wouldn't want to be.

Does it make more sense why I re-entered it today almost $20 higher than my PT of $123?
Heineken-Ashi
More pressure against the cracks in the dam

Quote:

Capital One posted a sharply lower second-quarter profit as the company set aside more money to cover for potential credit losses compared with a year ago.

The McLean, Va.-based financial holding company on Tuesday posted a profit of $597 million, or a $1.38 share, compared with $1.3 billion, or $3.13 a share, in the same quarter a year earlier.

Adjusted earnings came in at $3.14 a share. Analysts polled by FactSet expected $3.39.

Revenue rose about 5% to $9.5 billion, short of analyst estimates for $9.57 billion. Net interest income rose 6%, while non-interest income rose 3%.

The company reported $3.91 billion in provisions for credit losses, up nearly 60% from the $2.49 billion a year earlier.

Capital One is in the midst of buying fellow credit-card Discover Financial Services for $35 billion, a deal that was announced in February.

Heineken-Ashi
Brewmaster said:

When you draw your trendlines to actually touch lows, guess where the next touch would come?

ProgN
EliteZags said:

though pretty much are my positions are long holds, I don't realize enough losses to be able to counter STCG's
STCG?
Number Monkey
AG
Think he's saying he doesn't have enough short term losses to net against any short term capital gains...
El_duderino
Short term capital gains maybe?
ProgN
Thanks guys, old man brain fart.
ProgN
Number Monkey said:

Think he's saying he doesn't have enough short term losses to net against any short term capital gains...
My dumbass was looking for that badass stock. I thought it was a stock ticker. Getting old sucks.
flashplayer
AG
Look guys, let's all get rich!

As your punishment you now have to give us the down low on this gem.
Brewmaster
AG
I zoomed way in, the spot in January is a trend line touch or damned close. Does yours include a premarket low or something I'm missing?

Brewmaster
AG
nat gas, not my chart...

El Chupacabra
No clue what I'm doing but bought another 100 shares of UNG today. Last time I got out too early, should have held til ~20
Heineken-Ashi
I think you're going back to the September low, which is fair. I'm coming off the April low, as I believe this correction is correcting the move that started from that point. We shall see.

CC09LawAg
Anybody selling covered calls on their position?

With the expiration being a couple of weeks after earnings it seems like you could sell and be safe before it peaks. I was debating on doing some at $210. I figure if it somehow gets there by then I won't lose any sleep at that number.
tlh3842
AG
Heineken,

Do you have a bottom in mind on SLV to add onto the calls?
Heineken-Ashi
tlh3842 said:

Heineken,

Do you have a bottom in mind on SLV to add onto the calls?

I'm hoping it's in, but I set yet another level of buy orders on all calls (Sep $26, Sep $27, Sep $28, Sep $30, Nov $30, Jan $30) and even set a buy order for Nov $28 which I don't have yet. I'm pretty heavy in but did get quite a bit of my money back on strategic sells on the last couple run ups. If silver does come lower, I might even add to my AGC share position.

$25.50 seems to be a good spot if it drops one more time. But I think the futures expiration end of month will be squaring the book around the $28 silver level. We shall see.

Heineken-Ashi
One last thing on silver. If you aren't in yet, this could be the last chance. Could it come much lower? Sure. But both structures I'm following just don't seem to point to a more significant deeper drop as highly probable. Here's my primary wave chart. And you have to understand that metals see their biggest extensions in 5th waves which is what I'm showing here. And keep in mind, this is spot silver tradingview supplied chart, NOT SLV. SLV will lag by a little bit.

Silver has been in a very long accumulation. And you can still consider it in that phase, despite the breakout over the faint yellow line. Notice that each smaller degree 1st wave held under or at the accumulation line. I'm counting this as currently working on the smallest degree 4th wave, hoping the bottom is in. But the standard approach once you see a 3rd wave high is to connect 1 and 3 and have the bottom parallel channel line at 2 to project where 4 might end. If 3 comes up short or goes a little deeper or wider, then you connect 2 and 4 and move the top channel line to the top of 3 to project 5. As of now, this has a little more room to come down one more time in a 4th wave. And like I said above, metals (forex and commodities too) tend to extend significantly in 5th waves (while equities tend to extend in 3rd waves - see TSLA 2023-2024.. you know you're in a third when you see a major breakout). You can see that here in proportion to the size of the Wave 1 and Wave 3.To further support that, if you look at the green fib extension, that is measuring the size of circle Wave [1] from the bottom of circle Wave [2]. The common landing zone for the (3)rd wave inside of a larger primary trend is the 100%-123.6% extension levels. To get there, this 5th wave (which completes the (3)rd wave inside of the largest [3]rd wave) would need to extend significantly.

Regarding timing and trajectory, this chart paints a fairly linear and proportional (despite the log scale) path for all of the waves. But if we look at the last time silver really got bullish to a similar extent as what we are expecting, you will find that once it truly takes off, it has the potential to get pretty high pretty fast. So please don't trade based on my timing. It's mostly for illustrative purposes.

The yellow ALT 1 and 2 on the chart are what I've seen others in the EW world projecting. And it could be valid. If Wave 1 is truly the most recent high, then the Wave 3 I am looking to start very soon would likely project higher than I have shown, likely to the $56 level. Something to keep an eye on.

Pretty much all of my positions are $30 calls or under, along with some outright shares purchased in the high teens and low $20's. For me to scrub any bullish potential and start to move towards bearishness, I'd need to see below $22 with below $20 icing the deal.

My bare minimum target for the next move up (the one that I'm expecting between August and September) is $34-$36 area. If we are in September in that area and momentum is slowing, I will likely exit the majority of the September calls leaving a couple runners. And if for some reason the bullishness doesn't start by early September and we are still under $30, I will likely start to roll the September positions to October and November, possibly even December. Once the next high is struck, whenever it happens, I will start to project realistic expectations for the (4)th wave bottom and work towards accumulating mid-year 2025 call positions.

Chipotlemonger
AG
Anyone else in on AMAT? Up 42.3% YTD. Been a nice one to have latched on to when I thought it was undervalued a while back. Bolstered my position a bit on the run up. Got up to 255, currently hovering around 219. Wondering if it can get back in that higher channel than where it currently is.

FWIW, I see it as a solid long hold. Nice thing about playing a vendor in that industry is you can spread your exposure to the whole swath of suppliers by proxy rather than picking and choosing suppliers to invest in. Upside may be limited in that regard, but I think the downside risk is less potent.
GKrebs17
AG
VXX reverse split last night 4 to 1. I have call options that expire today using Robinhood. First time I've seen a split happen the day I want to sell. There's no pricing associated with the sale of the options right now. I assume with an $11 call, 4 to 1 reverse split, anything over $44 is strikable. Price as of this post $44.72. Has this happened to anyone/ does anyone know when pricing will be available for the sale of the options? Maybe on open?
hedge
Thanks Elon
GKrebs17
AG
GKrebs17 said:

VXX reverse split last night 4 to 1. I have call options that expire today using Robinhood. First time I've seen a split happen the day I want to sell. There's no pricing associated with the sale of the options right now. I assume with an $11 call, 4 to 1 reverse split, anything over $44 is strikable. Price as of this post $44.72. Has this happened to anyone/ does anyone know when pricing will be available for the sale of the options? Maybe on open?
Update: sold! just kept it up for sale and finally got a hit.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Bought SOXQ, AIQ, SMCI.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Big support at 5480ish /es from 6/25 and 7/1, and that would give us about a $7 range for the day. I'm lottoing xsp 547 puts and will look to flip to calls if we can tag 5480
First Page Last Page
Page 6532 of 6616

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.