Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,964,263 Views | 231545 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by BlueTaze
spud1910
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ProgN said:

spud1910 said:

ProgN said:

cgh1999 said:

ProgN said:

I'm not recommending this stock, but could provide a quick strike trade. If anyone profits, I don't want kudos, and if you lose your ass, don't blame it on me.

I know nothing about this one but volume of this type usually has follow through the next morning ATO.

This stock is $MIRA

Trading is halted. Where do you think it goes?
I have no f'ing clue. I'm just interested in a in and out quick strike, not investing in it. It's a complete gamble but could be a fun ride.
The drug that they are working on looks very interesting.
I trust you doc, but I haven't done a second of real DD on it. I just know that when a stock trades over 10X it's entire float in a day, that I've had profitable quick hits due to the feeding frenzy. I'm not looking to invest in it because almost always these stocks come back down after a few days and the piranhas are on to the next shiny thing.
Yeah, it could go either way. At this stage it shows great promise, but as with many biopharm products it could easily fail before anything is brought to the market.
South Platte
Heineken-Ashi said:

HoustonAg_2009 said:

I like your thesis. Any stock recommendations to buy at this level? I'm heavy COP but would like to pick up 1-2 more.
I own TALO, RIG, VRN, KOS, AR, SWN, SLB, WTI, OXY, MRO, XLE, ET, EPD, MJDLF, APA, DVN, HES, COP, NOV.

Watching VAL, PDS, NBR (stop was hit on previous entry), HAL, WHD, RNGR, BKR, TUSK, TTI, CVX, XOM, BP and a handful of others.

Do you find this strategy more effective than going with an ETF like ERX, or something without leverage?
Brewmaster
AG
LMCane said:

Brewmaster said:

bitcoin/ mara etc. look ready to fly. I added some MARA on the dip this morning.

come on bitcoin!

flagging, but with lower lows and lower highs. Macro markets really need to cool off for a couple weeks though, which gives me pause.
Heineken-Ashi
South Platte said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

HoustonAg_2009 said:

I like your thesis. Any stock recommendations to buy at this level? I'm heavy COP but would like to pick up 1-2 more.
I own TALO, RIG, VRN, KOS, AR, SWN, SLB, WTI, OXY, MRO, XLE, ET, EPD, MJDLF, APA, DVN, HES, COP, NOV.

Watching VAL, PDS, NBR (stop was hit on previous entry), HAL, WHD, RNGR, BKR, TUSK, TTI, CVX, XOM, BP and a handful of others.

Do you find this strategy more effective than going with an ETF like ERX, or something without leverage?
I have XLE and will add XOP and USO most likely. That's my broader exposure. But like I said, I'm more focused on identifying the companies that are best aligned for the future. Might drop some holdings. Might add others. Lot of DD left to do.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
ProgN
aggies4life said:

As always! Thanks for your insight!
Heineken-Ashi
ZION had good earnings is up to a new high. I'll give it through the week, as a new high will still have the same reversal target on both price and timing should it top off. But the premium will likely be depleted if its up higher. Can't fault anyone who jumped in for bailing tomorrow. But I'm gonna hang on.

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
tejas_ayanem
ProgN said:

RightWingConspirator said:

Anyone else looking at CRWD at these levels? This is a stock that has done very well for me over the years. I'm already net free on it but considering adding a few more shares at these levels.
I'll be a buyer at $200.
Another 25% down? I hope not.
El Chupacabra
LMCane said:

Brewmaster said:

bitcoin/ mara etc. look ready to fly. I added some MARA on the dip this morning.

come on bitcoin!
phrasing!
Heineken-Ashi
I posted a MARA chart a couple weeks back with supply and demand zones. Since then, it entered the first supply zone and even broke through, then caught some selling about halfway between that one and the next higher zone. So I've revised the higher zone to where it supply flooded recently. And it's a big upper zone. Support is obvious.

Heineken-Ashi
HMY, up more than double my entry late last year. Triangles galore. If this one plays out, might be the last chance for entry below $10.

Heineken-Ashi
VXX - In the pivot zone. Would prefer it hold today's bottom for a bullish setup. Splits on Wednesday and price will 4x. If it's held within the zone and moved back up above it, I'll be buying some calls probably a month out just out of the money. Might buy some shares. Stay tuned.

Some out there are predicting a volmageddon is coming. When that happens, there's usually the "initial shock" and then a 1-3 month consolidation before rippy. Last one was COVID. Initial shock in January 2020 topping at end of month. Retracement and consolidation through February. Then rippy. Those who held shares got handsomly rewarded. Keep in mind, this has been split since then. If it makes a new low, the apocolypse is cancelled.

Heineken-Ashi
Watching NQ (Nasdaq futures) tonight and tomorrow morning for clues. Supply and demand shown. If it butts its head, there's a significant threat for another low with a very wide zone of support.

Heineken-Ashi
EURUSD should have one more move up into the next supply zone before finding resistance of some sort. RSI and MACD have almost completely reset on a very tiny corrective move and MACD is curling back up. World is still moving on a weakening dollar compared to other currencies. Definitely relevant as rates would likely come down a little more should this move up happen.

WestTexasAg
AG
tejas_ayanem said:

ProgN said:

RightWingConspirator said:

Anyone else looking at CRWD at these levels? This is a stock that has done very well for me over the years. I'm already net free on it but considering adding a few more shares at these levels.
I'll be a buyer at $200.
Another 25% down? I hope not.
Yeah, let's hope not! Thought I did good buying more at $299 Friday. Had to buy more at $265 today to lower my cost basis a bit. Ready for it to turn back the other direction!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Got a little SMCI and NVDA, going in opposite directions this past week or so.

It's tempting to take NVDA profits to buy more SMCI, but I feel like I'll miss the boat on more NVDA gains like last time.
Heineken-Ashi
Buy just triggered on USO.

NVDA busted through $124. Immediate downside setup is close to full invalidation, though as I explained yesterday, this could still chop in this $10 range for a while. Watching closely.

txaggie_08
AG
POWL starting the build going into earnings next week?
LMCane
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Got a little SMCI and NVDA, going in opposite directions this past week or so.

It's tempting to take NVDA profits to buy more SMCI, but I feel like I'll miss the boat on more NVDA gains like last time.
I admire your intestinal fortitude brother

SMCI has been getting crushed the last few months.

what makes you confident it is going to come storming back in the next few years?

and I do own four shares of it.

LMCane
txaggie_08 said:

Because I trust the wisdom of this board -

I started a position in POWL and since it's down 15%
ProgN
txaggie_08
AG
Certain posters have been saying it was going to sell off before Q2 ER. Pretty sure Prog has said repeatedly he's waiting for $123 to back up the truck.

The fact you bought at a higher price is your own decision and no one else to blame. If you can't handle the responsibility maybe you should stick to spamming the Politics board.

I made some decent money off of POWL's Q1 results thanks to this board. I'm currently down in POWL from when I started a new position, but I've been buying on the way down as well, and ready to see the ER next week, and the hopeful pop in price once more.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Threw caution to the wind and dumped another $6k into QQQM in my Roth 401k account.

Still sitting on $35k cash in case a real correction is still in the cards, but I'm feeling more and more like that's just not happening this year.

Got in right before everything started rallying.
Brewmaster
AG
LMCane said:

txaggie_08 said:

Because I trust the wisdom of this board -

I started a position in POWL and since it's down 15%
what txaggie_08 said, but also Rule 1 here. Never hold to 15%. Go in with a target in mind and for that matter buy at a target. Then set stops between 5 and 10%.

At this point though I'd hold and not look at it. It will really rip, it just might take a little time...it could also keep running up til earnings, then you would be back in green or at least even.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I'm really just betting that a continued AI/tech rally will push it up to new highs again, with a likely stock split on the horizon as well as being added to the Nasdaq.

Admittedly I have done zero research on the fundamentals.
Brewmaster
AG
so if Biden does depart the earth in the next couple days, the most we see is a 2% correction? That would be 540's I believe. Strange times we are living in now.

NEWP looks like an inverse H&S
ProgN
Test
TheVarian
AG
Pass
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
ProgN said:

Test

ProgN
txaggie_08 said:

Certain posters have been saying it was going to sell off before Q2 ER. Pretty sure Prog has said repeatedly he's waiting for $123 to back up the truck.

The fact you bought at a higher price is your own decision and no one else to blame. If you can't handle the responsibility maybe you should stick to spamming the Politics board.

I made some decent money off of POWL's Q1 results thanks to this board. I'm currently down in POWL from when I started a new position, but I've been buying on the way down as well, and ready to see the ER next week, and the hopeful pop in price once more.

FWIW, it almost got to my $123, missed it by $3-4, but that happens. SMCI was definitely making a run at my $750 target this morning.

That being said, I've repeatedly said that I will buy them back prior to earnings, even at prices higher than my targets and post when I do.

After I press enter on this post: I am going back into SMCI & POWL at where they're trading right now.

ProgN
TheVarian said:

Pass
The mods edited my OP on F16 and removed one of my gifs so I want to make sure I was able to post and let the clubhouse know that I'm buying POWL & SMCI and stay true to my word. If I was banned then I'd have to use some of my friends in here to let y'all know.
HoustonAg_2009
As always Prog Thanks for letting us know! Strong crew here you're leading!
Maximus Johnson
AG
Has anyone done any digging into BKLC?

It is a zero dollar/percent fee ETF that tracks the Solactive GBS United States 500 Index TR. I have been slowly dumping funds in this ETF since September of last year and am up 18% total and upwards of 30% on my initial investments.

Might be an option for those more adverse to risk like myself.
Heineken-Ashi
MARA - entering $21.75 range if it comes down to there. Stop $20.50. Target $28.50-$30 range.

Edit to add: Stop is important. Daily touched the upper keltner band on the last run up. My base expectation after a touch there is the mid Kelner band in a retracement which comes in at high $20.40's, so stop will likely be a little lower than $20.50. If it gets through that, base expectation shifts to seeing lower band before another run at upper band, meaning I would expect low to mid teens. Now, Keltner's aren't that straight forward. The last couple of months have played on both sides of the mid and we never got a lower touch after the February high upper touch. But we've been in a consolidation pattern and have now double touched the upper band (actually tiple as the December high blew through the upper band with authority and each subsequent touch has been more delicate) without really coming close to the lower. It's highly unlikely we get a quadruple touch, especially if we break below the mid band.

Heineken-Ashi
I won't say I'm confident, as MACD had rolled down on daily and RSI has come down from overbought, but I could see this being a last hoorah for TSLA on this runup using earnings as a catalyst. Target range would be $285-$300. It often isn't the final move that gets RSI and MACD the most overbought or oversold, but the second to last move. I already have my position formed at much lower prices. But I might grab some weekly expiring $265 or $270 calls. They're expensive, so very risky.

ProgN
Red Pear Luke (BCS) said:

ProgN said:

Test

Just me being me, as usual. That's why I never activated my AgTag because I heard that you lose it forever if perma'd. I'll activate it after I grow up.
First Page Last Page
Page 6531 of 6616

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.