Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,968,626 Views | 231553 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
Spoony Love
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This is exactly what saved me from early mistakes at the open, I thought we would reclaim SPY 560 today. MACD diff had been waning the last few days but still green. In recent trading, when MACD turns negative (red on my chart), it moves down quickly and for a short period of days. I zoomed in on the day and noticed the 10 min chart MACD was turning negative and jumped into puts. On top of that, RSI showed it had been oversold for a few days now as well. I didn't ride them all the way down but enough to come out comfortably green for the day and took the rest of the day off. I've learned to keep green days green by stepping away.
Brewmaster
AG
khkman22 said:

Not sure if you've run into him on F16 or not, but I almost posted a reference to him as well earlier.

Enjoy this thread if you never venture over to the OB.

Tikkashooter | TexAgs
Holy smokes, 400 plus stars/ likes. Is that some kind of record?

Stonk related: So to get a sell off like we had in April (retest of 100 day), we need another week or so of blood and 100 day is currently at 525, which could end up being more like 5300 as we continue to march on.

I will buy POWL, SMCI and a couple other Prog and Heine favorites with reckless abandon if we get there. DJT really strong today, but I think I'll wait and see if I can get another dip to 30 ish.

Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I'll have to learn to use MACD. I primarily use RSI and 8/21 SMAs. 4hr rsi was warm but not showing overbought, it reset before the eod recovery yesterday, nicely reset now but not oversold, so I'm going into tomorrow with an open mind
El Chupacabra
khkman22 said:

Not sure if you've run into him on F16 or not, but I almost posted a reference to him as well earlier.

Tikkashooter | TexAgs
Dayum. We should get that guy to do DD on a few stock picks.
Heineken-Ashi
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
Heineken-Ashi
Charismatic Megafauna said:

I'll have to learn to use MACD. I primarily use RSI and 8/21 SMAs. 4hr rsi was warm but not showing overbought, it reset before the eod recovery yesterday, nicely reset now but not oversold, so I'm going into tomorrow with an open mind
RSI is practically useless without something else to indicate what it's trying to say. RSI will give multiple sell signals on the way and buy signals on the way down. Couple with MACD and in you are more informed. Throw on Bollingers or my fav, Keltners, and the picture becomes even more clear. Throw on an ichimoku cloud support and resistance stick out even more. Add MFI to see if money is cycling in or out. And plenty and plenty of others. But never any one of them alone.

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
TheVarian
AG
It was amazing, except for staph nuking it and bringing it back and nuking it again
backintexas2013
AG
Any impact on markets when Biden drops out
Heineken-Ashi
I've posted this before, but the ich cloud reversal is a really awesome trading cheat code.

If something looks to put in a top, on any timeframe, you simply use the lagging span of the ich cloud to determine where it is likely to reverse to. Granted, it only works if that top WAS a significant top. I use 21 periods for my settings which are different than the 26 default setting. It was developed by the Japanese. I like to use fib numbers for most of my indicators.

You simply take what you think is the top, find that top on the lagging span 21 periods back, trace that period up or down to where the candle is, and that's your reversal target, with expectation that it has to happen in the next 21 periods. If it doesn't, it likely wasn't a top or it was just a plain L. I find it works around 60-65% of the time.

Let's look at NFLX weekly before earnings..

Now let's see what earnings did..

Gorgeous.

And as a bonus you can look one level down for the previous top with target $467.65. And we still have 5 weeks to get there. Though a new high likely invalidated its potential, I count it as an un-printed high probability target in a potential downward continuation.

Watch youtube videos about how people use indicators. Watch trading seminars and conference keynote speakers. I learned this from a FOREX trader in Japan. and it's just ONE trick with the ich cloud.

ProgN
Heineken-Ashi said:

Charismatic Megafauna said:

RSI is practically useless without something else to indicate what it's trying to say. RSI will give multiple sell signals on the way and buy signals on the way down. Couple with MACD and in you are more informed. Throw on Bollingers or my fav, Keltners, and the picture becomes even more clear. Throw on an ichimoku cloud support and resistance stick out even more. Add MFI to see if money is cycling in or out. And plenty and plenty of others. But never any one of them alone.
Don't do that man. You know that we both approach charts from our different preferred discipline. I don't prefer EW and it's your preferred method, but I don't disrespect you or your opinions. It's actually the opposite. I value the fact that we interpret charts from different angles because it can point out something that I didn't consider. We could have a long exchange trying to prove which method is better, but I don't want to do that because it's stupid. There are no absolutes when it comes to the market and the more information people have the better it is for them to make an educated decision. FTR, I can read RSI by itself and tell you a stock is going to reverse in the near future, but you can't predict time the exact time. If one knows how to really interpret RSI, then they can see it because it gives it in plain sight before hand. You are correct in saying that it's better paired with other indicators, and that's why I use them for my timing.
Heineken-Ashi

Quote:

You are correct in saying that it's better paired with other indicators, and that's why I use them for my timing.
That's all I was saying homie. RSI is my favorite and is the first sign for signaling entries. But it can't work alone. not once did I knock it. I think you are hearing something I didn't say.

Brewmaster
AG
Can't we just get along guys? lol

New Deadpool movie 8 days away!
deddog
AG
khkman22 said:

Tikkashooter | TexAgs
Terrifying.
Also Benders AR thread is awesome
Heineken-Ashi
Brewmaster said:

Can't we just get along guys? lol

New Deadpool movie 8 days away!

ProgN and I are friends. But there's something remarkable about him in that he feels a duty in helping everyone here. I take no offense to him calling out something he thinks is misguiding to this thread. I think he misunderstood my point, but he doesn't care if its friend or foe and will speak up when he feels convicted. People like that are rare and we're lucky to have him.

ProgN
Heineken-Ashi said:

Quote:

You are correct in saying that it's better paired with other indicators, and that's why I use them for my timing.
That's all I was saying homie. RSI is my favorite and is the first sign for signaling entries. But it can't work alone. not once did I knock it. I think you are hearing something I didn't say.
We're good, and I probably got my feathers ruffled for nothing. I've had a rough few days. Apologies brother.
Brewmaster
AG
lucky to have you both here amigo. Just yanking y'all's chain.

I've talked to Prog and Farmer both privately about a personal issue, marriage related. Both helped me immensely, even though I'd never met both before in real life. It was next level Aggie network stuff.
FishrCoAg
AG
Brewmaster said:

I've talked to Prog and Farmer both privately about a personal issue, marriage related. Both helped me immensely, even though I'd never met both before in real life. It was next level Aggie network stuff.

Been wondering how Farmer and family are doing. Would love to hear his perspective on O&G now as well.
ProgN
FishrCoAg said:

Brewmaster said:

Been wondering how Farmer and family are doing. Would love to hear his perspective on O&G now as well.
His queen is doing better, but won't speak for him. I will pass your post on to him though and if he chooses to reply, then he will. Although I've never met him irl, he's a good man an friend.
FishrCoAg
AG
ProgN said:

FishrCoAg said:

Brewmaster said:

His queen is doing better, but won't speak for him. I will pass your post on to him though and if he chooses to reply, then he will. Although I've never met him irl, he's a good man an friend.

Thanks
Heineken-Ashi
Looking deeper at SMCI tonight, I think my primary count is $735-$740 and then a run back to between $1,100-$1,225 again.

Heineken-Ashi
Heineken-Ashi said:

Looking deeper at SMCI tonight, I think my primary count is $735-$740 and then a run back to between $1,100-$1,225 again.
Yall saw my chart earlier today that was more bearish. It's still possible, so don't get me wrong. But what I posted above looks to me to be equally probable based on the structure taken to date. The only truly impulsive move is the downward one right now. So unfortunately, both counts work. I'll throw out that $870 will be the important pivot zone. Above that and this below chart really gains steam. Below that, and pressure can remain down as the days and weeks go on.

When Elliott wave patterns start to break down into series of 3-wave segments, that tells you that something more complicated than a standard path is likely happening. Might be a triangle of some sort, or a combo correction. This recent move down can either be a finishing move that will bottom and engage one more upward push, or it could be merely the start of a much deeper, larger impulsive downward structure. I want to be clear, that when multiple scenarios present as highly possible, it's best to NOT trade. It shows very clear struggle from players on both sides with neither able to take control. Jumping in means you are throwing your money into a fight that either team can win. You might win. But it's risky. It's best to throw your money towards the fights where there is a clear favorite. That said, if $740 range holds, you have an awesome R/R potential with the below chart.

El Chupacabra
Crwd is gonna get smoked today.
agdaddy04
AG
El Chupacabra said:

It's got me stuck in Eugene Airport right now. Seriously considering renting a car to drive the 20 hours home to Denver.
Mas89
AG
That's a beautiful drive. Do it.
El_duderino
Already down 13%
gougler08
AG
El Chupacabra said:

Sold a 7/19 280 Put for CRWD for 4.10...see if I can pay for dinner tonight
ProgN
I just bought tickets for my son and me for Deadpool & Wolverine on Saturday 7/26 at the 3D HD show. He's going to be so pumped.
gougler08
AG
gougler08 said:

El Chupacabra said:

Sold a 7/19 280 Put for CRWD for 4.10...see if I can pay for dinner tonight
And already closed it out at 1.50, nice $260 gain in 10 min
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
You shaking my faith in rsi made me hesitate and miss 2 great trades this morning
Still love me some Heinie
GKrebs17
AG
QQQ $481 Call for today..

Update: not looking good.
ProgN
El Chupacabra said:

Spoony Love
AG
SPY is in danger of just moving sideways today. Lots of earnings next week and just waiting in anticipation.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Also opex and digesting 2 big days
Charismatic Megafauna
AG

confucius_ag
AG
Schwab is fubar this morning.
"Me not know, me not tell, me push button and run like hell."
First Page Last Page
Page 6525 of 6616

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.