Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,968,533 Views | 231553 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
Talon2DSO
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Amzn hitting 52 wk high
I bleed maroon
AG
Talon2DSO said:

Amzn hitting 52 wk high
Yep - almost pulled the trigger on writing covered calls for half my position (bought in 2013, so I'm up over 1400%). Jan $210 calls was the idea - I chickened out. Thoughts in favor or opposed?
EliteZags
AG
EliteZags
AG
TSLA moves up to my 2nd largest individual holding, was a gradual accumulation mostly post last split so haven't gotten to see much appreciation and had to keep force feeding in mid 100s this year, needed to go harder at 140 though

combined with PLTR to account for close to 15% of portfolio which is more concentrated than I've ever been (still >60% indexes)
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
EnronAg said:

Markets starting off strong this morning. With options expiry and stupid quarter end window dressing looming this afternoon, markets will absolutely rip to ATHs with any sort of fake PCE numbers. Train ain't stopping 'til election is decided, boys!!!
EliteZags
AG
rumor that could be helping fuel this run, Elon trying to Schloss former Uber CEO to run robotaxi

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TNA moving. Need to see it break $37.
Number Monkey
AG
Is $37 a target for you, or are you thinking if it hits $37 that it'll skyrocket up?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
It hasn't really been able to hold above $37 for the last couple weeks, so I'm thinking if it can close above that, it's a bullish signal. My target is $38 for now.
agdaddy04
AG
PROG, further thought on KSS and if the recent move down would be a good time to add a position? Doesn't look like they cut the dividend, right?
Philip J Fry
AG
Add WULF and APP to my list of stocks I just missed out on.
South Platte
I'm down to essentially metals, holding more cash than I think is normal. Maybe I should buy more metals. Getting into PALL would have been a good move last week when I was chewing on it.
EnronAg
AG
another SPX ATH...train gonna barrel down the tracks until year end...enjoy your tall boy Natty's tomorrow celebrating this donkey market...
Number Monkey
AG
For those of us doing a day play today, don't forget the market closes at 12 CST.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Market opens Friday, right?
flashplayer
AG
Yes market is open for business Friday for a post holiday hangover.
ProgN
agdaddy04 said:

PROG, further thought on KSS and if the recent move down would be a good time to add a position? Doesn't look like they cut the dividend, right?
Yes, their dividend appears safe and current price and yield is a good entry point. Put it in a DRIP to reinvest the dividends and you'll have a good ROI. It'll be more boring than watching paint dry, but it offers great return with minimal risks imo.
El_duderino

flashplayer
AG
Now we just need Nancy to go balls deep in POWL and SMCI and we are all set.
AgCPA95
AG
flashplayer said:

Now we just need Nancy to go balls deep in POWL and SMCI and we are all set.

Cough…cough…$WWR….
El_duderino
Not related to those two, but I had no idea there's an actual ETF NANC that tracks her moves. It's up 20% year to date and 44% from the October low last year
GreasenUSA
AG
El_duderino said:

Not related to those two, but I had no idea there's an actual ETF NANC that tracks her moves. It's up 20% year to date and 44% from the October low last year
$NANC tracks all the Dems investments. $KRUZ is the Republican ETF.
El_duderino
Wow. I just thought it was only for Pelosi trades. They need to step their game up then. KRUZ is getting lapped in the gains department
bhanacik
AG
Txducker said:

ssrm, gold miner. I saw this chart with abnormal large volume today and did not make new lows as it has been in a downtrend. macd touching or about to touch and cross. Looks interesting for a trade. Edit: I want to see a candle not make a new low before entering the trade or a doji candle, because it may continue its downward trend on Monday. Tight stop would be at the previous day low from the day I enter.

Thanks for posting

I'm going to buy shares with a stop at 3.76 (low from Feb). The initial target is 9.00 and I may trim some along the way
I bleed maroon
AG
bhanacik said:

Txducker said:

ssrm, gold miner. I saw this chart with abnormal large volume today and did not make new lows as it has been in a downtrend. macd touching or about to touch and cross. Looks interesting for a trade. Edit: I want to see a candle not make a new low before entering the trade or a doji candle, because it may continue its downward trend on Monday. Tight stop would be at the previous day low from the day I enter.

Thanks for posting

I'm going to buy shares with a stop at 3.76 (low from Feb). The initial target is 9.00 and I may trim some along the way
I currently hold a couple gold miners, and am genuinely curious why this one is considered remotely attractive? In a bull market for gold like we haven't seen in many years, wouldn't you pick one that has at least crept upwards, if you want a momentum or chart pattern trade? Admittedly, I'm more of a fundamentals trader, and discount technicals to a large extent.
flashplayer
AG
Alright Heineken, you can come back now.

Time to play the Bitcoin dip or is there still room below?
EnronAg
AG
the megacap train just continues to rip...insane run...
Imsodopey
AG
MAGS ETF up 1.07% without aid from NVDA or TSLA

edit: MAGS ended at 1.92% for day
bhanacik
AG
I bleed maroon said:

bhanacik said:

Txducker said:

Thanks for posting

I currently hold a couple gold miners, and am genuinely curious why this one is considered remotely attractive? In a bull market for gold like we haven't seen in many years, wouldn't you pick one that has at least crept upwards, if you want a momentum or chart pattern trade? Admittedly, I'm more of a fundamentals trader, and discount technicals to a large extent.

It's a short term swing trade for me, purely based on price action. Not a major investment and I didn't even look at fundamentals.

I'm not at my computer right now but I think my first alert level to monitor for a trim was 5.93. If it fails my stop assures a minimal loss.

Also, to add, I am not nearly as experienced as most on this board. Recently, I've started posting some of my trades to get input from others and this is another one. I welcome the questions to generate discussion and hopefully spur some input or ideas from others for learning.
I bleed maroon
AG
bhanacik said:

I bleed maroon said:

It's a short term swing trade for me, purely based on price action. Not a major investment and I didn't even look at fundamentals.

I'm not at my computer right now but I think my first alert level to monitor for a trim was 5.93. If it fails my stop assures a minimal loss.

Also, to add, I am not nearly as experienced as most on this board. Recently, I've started posting some of my trades to get input from others and this is another one. I welcome the questions to generate discussion and hopefully spur some input or ideas from others for learning.
Fair enough! I recently traded some options on a couple picks from this board (from you!) without understanding a thing about their fundamentals (IREN and SE), and it turned out really well.
gougler08
AG
Anybody see anything worth entering in? Everything feels so extended at this point
EnronAg
AG
stonks only go up!

the market has definitely ripped thru me thinking I could pinch off megacaps at what I thought were highs and cycle into RSP and value...only to watch the rocket ship blow by me and see a bunch of missed gains...and garbage RSP

I'm still convinced the rug pull will be epic...but damn, megacaps are just so stupid right now...and yes, I'm bitter I rotated out of it
Heineken-Ashi
Ok. Quick rundown of some things I'm watching.

MARA - stripping out the EW count and purely looking at supply and demand zones. They obviously aren't static, but general ranges for when buyers and sellers will step in with force. Break this wedge to the downside and you can see what the next stops are. Break it to the upside and know your resistance levels.

BTC - Playing out like expected with pressure pushing down into the low $50k's. MACD is still on a full sell for daily, though RSI is approaching oversold levels. Hourly needs a reset, so I think we're taking a breath here. But I do expect lower. Daily RSI might want 25 before turning up. That's where it got in September before it bottomed and reversed back up. Buyers will start to step up in force around $53k but might not be able to take hold until $49k which is a very significant retracement level as well as a big demand zone.

SMCI - Another break below $750 probably spells short term doom with lower targets anywhere from $375 to $600. But ProgN is right that there is still a chance it can explode higher with $1,500+ absolutely possible. I'm personally not willing to bet on it, as the chart is currently weak. And even if it does happen, the fall from there would likely be harder with the same lower targets.

ARM - What was a promising downside setup has invalidated. But my view is that this is the last hoorah with $200 possible. I can't imagine much less than $150 on a selloff, but it's not a very straight forward chart with any high probability paths that I can spot. If you are in, I'd recommend staying in. $300 is the ultimate target and it would have to break $85 for that to change.

PLTR - Still operating under the top is in. Resistance is this $27 range, and as long as below $27.50, I still favor a significant drop upcoming. Should it make a new high, it will merely be an extension of the bullsh count I am currently viewing as completed with $29 being massive resistance. I still have puts for August, and if the top is respected, I might grab some more for October or november which is shaping up to be an extremely volatile period.

In fact, dating back to 2022 I was warning people (not on here as I wasn't active on texags at that time) that election 2024 could be a significant drawdown event in the broader markets. I haven't seen anything to change that. In fact, I'm seeing a lot of very significant divergences forming on most major instruments. The parallels of the technical structure of this current market to early 2020 are uncanny. That doesn't mean I'm expecting a COVID like global pandemic. It means that broader markets are acting the same way they did before the last major drop. But history doesn't repeat, it merely tends to rhyme sometimes. And not only to we have the parallels to 2020, but some significant parallels to 2007 that I've highlighted here pretty extensively to the jest of many. And as I've warned about, we might be seeing the beginning of bond yields entering a significant decline, an event that precedes (and causes) FED rate cut reaction usually leading to a significant drawdown in broader markets. What will be the catalyst? Israel / Lebanon / Iran full out war? CMBS meltdown leading to commercial real estate collapse with regional banks in tailspin? Spike in unemployment? Joe Biden stepping down? Yen blowup with Japan selling off US treasuries to support their own currency? Who knows. I certainly can'tpredict the catalyst, but I do feel that a big catalyst is coming. Market breadth is weak and waiting on something.

I've formed a significant amount of bullish energy positions - XLE, COP, HES, DVN, APA, NOV, KOS, MRO, BRY, SWN, WTI, OXY, BKR, TALO. Considering OKE, KMI, EOG, XOM. I am loaded up in metals and bullish metal options. Shares include SLV, GLD, GDX, EGO, PAAS, SSRM, HMY, AG, AGQ, GOLD, PLTM, IMPUY, ARMN, NG, NEM, RGDFF, SAND, HL, WRN, TSRMF, HCHDF, ADMLF, ARAAF, FTCO, GORO, FSM, CDE. I have calls for SLV $26, $28, and $30 in July, September, and November. I have PAAS calls for October. I have AGQ $50 calls for September. I'm in on puts for XLF, XHB, PTLR, CAVA (July.. running out of time but might re-engage for Sugust or September), SPY, DIA, IWM, and CLSK (short term, and then likely going long). I got greedy on TLT and moved my stop up and got stopped out. But it is working on re-confirming bullishness which could take it to $105. I'm close to initiating bullish positions on two forex pairs - EURUSD and AUDUSD. Both are setting up for potential big moves and would make sense if we are dropping rates in the next 1-2 months. When we started raising rates I was short on EURUSD and it fell hard. Would expecting the opposite if the FED is dropping in similar fashion to 2007 or 2020. I have a small handful of non-energy non-metals equity positions with TSLA being the main one.

If TSLA holds $200 on any pullback, and certainly if it holds $220, $300 is on the radar. Recent high was a significant resistance zone. I debated selling calls but I'm just not in a position where I want to take a chance of losing my shares when I worked hard to lower my basis from $220 to $185 range, or losing my flexibility should TSLA do what it has historically done in times like this and go parabolic. And if it comes back down, I'm not worried. This is one of the few companies I am very long term hold or die on. I am regretting not doubling my position near the lows. Can't be perfect all the time.

I'm not posting much because I just don't have much to add right now. Nothing has really changed with the market melting up on weak breadth. It's awesome if your cashing in as it continues to do so. But if all of your gains are unrealized, I think there is a significant risk you will end the year with all of them gone. I said a while back that I was done being a broken record. Many of you have completely different views than me, and its just not worth arguing about. So execute your plan and I will execute mine. I'm up significantly on the year having mostly not participated in equities. I don't have exposure to what I deem are the greatest risks right now. And as always, when I see evidence to go against my predominant views, I absolutely will update my positions. Always be looking for the NEXT bull market. Because when the one you are in ends, if you don't have a plan of action, you are srewed and end up lost.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
gougler08
AG
You da man!

Since I have capital sitting on the side I did sell a short term put for SMCI at 750 since that's bottom of the channel. $12.50 right now for 2 weeks, will not be looking to exercise it though if it ends up in the money, simply just trying to scalp premium
Heineken-Ashi
Went net free on July $27 SLV calls. I grabbed these the last day in June hoping for an end of quarter explosion. This week has been great, and I'm willing to get my investment back and leave the rest to run. But if metals wanted one more turn down before the potential August election year melt your face off rally, today's high would be the place to turn back down looking for between $24 and $25 as the next low.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
First Page Last Page
Page 6509 of 6616

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.