Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,977,187 Views | 231555 Replies | Last: 17 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
McInnis 03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Dan Scott said:

1 month ago GME was trading at 10/share. Today GME had $10/share in cash.

That's crazy.
They're literally sitting on like $5B in cash. I dont' care if you're only selling tic tacs on a mall pad site. If your company is sitting on $5B in cash, you have potential.
McInnis 03
AG
So hurdle 1 of 3 is complete today. CPI is 1, FOMC meeting minutes is 2, Powell talking is 3.

The last two times Powell has talked I feel like SPY has just gone ape **** moon crazy.
McInnis 03
AG
FSLR racing ABOVE psych 300 here in premarket. If 300 holds, that's a gap and go opportunity. If 300 fails that's a gap and crap opportunity.
GreasenUSA
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Dan Scott said:

1 month ago GME was trading at 10/share. Today GME had $10/share in cash.

That's crazy.
They're literally sitting on like $5B in cash. I dont' care if you're only selling tic tacs on a mall pad site. If your company is sitting on $5B in cash, you have potential.

What a great and unique position to be in, especially in this economy. Hopefully Gamestop doesn't squander it by keeping to the status quo.
McInnis 03
AG
Sheesh, everything is running wild here off that CPI print.
bmoochie
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Trappy trappy???
EnronAg
AG
more like rippy rippy

Powell will do nothing to talk this market down...
gggmann
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Jerome Powell is giving his update on rate cuts at 2:00pm EDT, so we'll see if it holds.
McInnis 03
AG
The cynical side of me knows it's an election year and all these people want to hold onto their jobs. What better way to do that than to just ignore all common sense and issue an unpredicted rate cut to make markets go ballistic. Long term damage be damned when your job is on the line.
Chef Elko
AG
RKT breaking out
EnronAg
AG
I agree with you...Powell may send this sucker to 5,500 today!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TNA
bmoochie
AG
Heini: Curious your thoughts on Cava now? Do you think set up is still valid or does this change your thoughts?
SF2004
AG
McInnis 03 said:

The cynical side of me knows it's an election year and all these people want to hold onto their jobs. What better way to do that than to just ignore all common sense and issue an unpredicted rate cut to make markets go ballistic. Long term damage be damned when your job is on the line.
Inflation at 3.3%...

Which is 65% higher than the target of 2%.

This moronic market rockets on the stupid ***** Gambol it up!
Heineken-Ashi
bmoochie said:

Heini: Curious your thoughts on Cava now? Do you think set up is still valid or does this change your thoughts?
Technically valid, but not ideal. IF it drops today I'd probably sell out around the $80 level.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
McInnis 03
AG
Saw last night that JFBR and SMFL are both shorted over 100% of the float. If the degenerates ever caught word of this (especially since JFBR is a penny stock) they could really do some nutty **** with it.

Oh, and their floats were both like less than 500,000 shares.
EnronAg
AG
and what's even funnier to me is saying inflation is 3.3%
bhanacik
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

LWLG - Watch this one. Not a buy yet, but getting close. Watching for low $2's. This is a long term swing with a target of $20+.

The company has some interesting prospects and is pounding the table on their high speed, low power consumption electro-optic polymers.
Looks like LWLG might be ready to move - big jump today. I entered at 3.04 with a stop at 2.25
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
There's $215 for AAPL.
McInnis 03
AG
It's liek NVDA and AAPL are racing.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Provided we're all heavy in the S&P 500, we all win either way.
McInnis 03
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

It's starting to feel like some QQQ puts 2 weeks out would be a prudent hedge........
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Well I'm still relatively heavy in cash waiting for a QQQ dip that still hasn't come....

Probably gonna have to adjust those orders way up.
Heineken-Ashi
This market is about to cool down and go low volume for a couple hours waiting for the FED.

There's a ton of stocks hitting upside targets, hitting retrace targets, and that have beautiful downward setups just waiting for a catalyst. That said, we haven't been able to get any downward setups to follow through since the Q3 selloff last year. Going aggressively short is extremely risky. Today is the perfect catalyst to send the market down. Will it? TBD. If it goes rippy from here, then we will officially be in blowoff move territory likely looking another month or two ahead before SHTF.

Watch bond yields. 10-year below 4.18% could start an aggressive move down. Bond yields in 2007 started selling hard in June. We never got the double top this time around, but we don't necessarily need it.

Be careful getting aggressive each way. This is a risky market.

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
M4 Benelli
POWL let's go to Valhalla babaaaaay.

Hoping to see this hurdle 180 in short order.
SF2004
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

This market is about to cool down and go low volume for a couple hours waiting for the FED.

There's a ton of stocks hitting upside targets, hitting retrace targets, and that have beautiful downward setups just waiting for a catalyst. That said, we haven't been able to get any downward setups to follow through since the Q3 selloff last year. Going aggressively short is extremely risky. Today is the perfect catalyst to send the market down. Will it? TBD. If it goes rippy from here, then we will officially be in blowoff move territory likely looking another month or two ahead before SHTF.

Watch bond yields. 10-year below 4.18% could start an aggressive move down. Bond yields in 2007 started selling hard in June. We never got the double top this time around, but we don't necessarily need it.

Vast majority don't understand the history that you have been preaching on this board.

The crash happens AFTER rate cuts start. In simplistic terms large bulk dollars will rush out of the market to lock up long term high yields that will increase in value when cuts happen.

These assets can then be used to collateralize large lending institutions to pad revenues that will be lost when their floating LOCs start to drop.

This is very simplistic but it is a concern that I carry.
Heineken-Ashi
SF2004 said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

Vast majority don't understand the history that you have been preaching on this board.

The crash happens AFTER rate cuts start. In simplistic terms large bulk dollars will rush out of the market to lock up long term high yields that will increase in value when cuts happen.

These assets can then be used to collateralize large lending institutions to pad revenues that will be lost when their floating LOCs start to drop.

We should get beers sometime and talk nerdy finance and econ

BT1395
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

It's starting to feel like some QQQ puts 2 weeks out would be a prudent hedge........

I sold a covered call on NVDA last week with a $130 strike and I'm starting to have regret but this is where discipline comes in. Something about hogs getting slaughtered…
McInnis 03
AG
SF2004 said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

And this must be why uncle Warren has loaded the boat with them.
McInnis 03
AG
BT1395 said:

McInnis 03 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

I sold a covered call on NVDA last week with a $130 strike and I'm starting to have regret but this is where discipline comes in. Something about hogs getting slaughtered…
Fear not being called out. If this is part of your plan, then it's part of your plan.
Talon2DSO
AG
WING broke through the channel
McInnis 03
AG
TLT is breaking out of a longgggg daily pattern

I'm too dumb to know how whatbl the fed is doing affects TLT
bmoochie
AG
Another successful TexAgs hookup
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
AAPL and TNA giving me huge profits this week, and yet I'm still pissed about the $150 I lost on GME last week...
G Money
AG
I am a long time lurker, live in College Station and would gladly get a room at Pebble Creek Country Club to host a meetup for this group.

Maybe closer to football season or the Friday night before a football weekend.
First Page Last Page
Page 6489 of 6616

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.