Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,972,994 Views | 231555 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
Brewmaster
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BABA
Not happy this hasn't launched yet, but zoom out, look at last 2 months. Sure looks like a megaphone up to me!
BT1395
AG
BT1395 said:

$30,000 Millionaire said:

Did you like Qualcomm in April of 2000 as well?

No, but that's not a fair comparison in real terms.

Focusing on NVDA, the issue in question isn't any different than the other AI ventures they've entered as a vertical play. Smart move on their part and they've disclosed it. The bottom line is that their stock is cheaper on a relative basis now - even after this massive run - from a forward earnings perspective than it was at the beginning of this year. By a lot. Happy to own it and will continue to scrutinize and you are welcome to short it if so convicted. Good luck, amigo!

Revisiting this after a nice 280% rip on NVDA in the 8 months since this post. I haven't kept up with the board, but what happened to $30k Millionaire?
HoustonAg_2009
Thanks for the insights Prog! Wishing you and the fam all the best.
Brewmaster
AG
Prayers for you and your neighbors that were affected amigo
JbKing45
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Buying some more BRK/B. Pretty much the only thing I feel comfortable buying at the moment.

That's an excellent buy plus it's in a Darvis box right now. I'll be adding more at $398 and $396, I'm I get lucky.
Heineken-Ashi
JbKing45 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Buying some more BRK/B. Pretty much the only thing I feel comfortable buying at the moment.

That's an excellent buy plus it's in a Darvis box right now. I'll be adding more at $398 and $396, I'm I get lucky.

That's not a Darvas box. It's made lower highs and marginally lower lows, but is starting to setup an impulsive downward pattern. It could turn into a Darvas box. But it would need to finish flat on the downside and make a new high.

A darvas box is an extended sideways pattern where you buy when a stock makes a flat or higher low after the previous move made a new flat or new high. This has not done that.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
El_duderino
/ES down 16-17 points as of now. Retraced back up to the 61.8% level from last Thursdays 95 point downward move. Possible measured move could be down around 5175-5180.
Heineken-Ashi
Looking at Platinum. It's lagging the other metals and has yet to breakout. I think it's coming. I'm watching PPLT and PLTM. PPLT is the longer running ETF with 0.60% expense ratio. PLTM is newer with a 0.50% expense ratio and more approachable price.

I see platinum hitting $3.5k to $4k in the coming years. Currently just over $1k. PLTM target is $30+ (currently $10.29) and PPLT target is $275-$325 (currently $97).

Here's Silver and the two times it broke out of it's boxes recently.

Now here's platinum. Other than the 2023 selling getting deeper into the box than silver, I see almost the exact same pattern, just lagging.

Time to buy!

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Okta earnings tonight, crwd june 4. Do i buy crwd calls today or tomorrow? Or both?
Heineken-Ashi
Well, did anyone buy MRO?

Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Y'all know anything about us energy corp USEG?
Was looking if enchanted rock energy was public (they're not) in light of all the power issues in Houston lately and saw something about a partnership with useg to support data centers. Stonk looks like garbage but maybe worth parking a thousand shares
South Platte
Your batting average is so high that I'm running out of cash for these plays.
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Longed $HOOD 21C this morning, then all of a sudden saw a TON of flow on the 22c and 23c that made NO sense whatsoever. I followed more on teh 23c.

Well, $HOOD just announced a random ass $1B share buyback.

Happy day!
screw hood. Gave it all back overnight.
Tumble Weed
Heineken-Ashi said:

Well, did anyone buy MRO?
I own Marathon stock. Also owned PXD before they were bought by XOM.
I wish that someone would buy APA's sorry asz.

Heineken-Ashi
That spike down on COP might been relevant. Buying here.

Heineken-Ashi
Pretty important week for bonds and yields. If the 10-year can turn down under 4.6%, there's a nice setup for a big move down over the coming months to 3.5%. But if it holds 4.5% and keeps moving higher, and especially if TLT breaks below $87, then watch out economy.

flashplayer
AG
BLDE touched below 3.00 finally.
bhanacik
AG
AgCPA95 said:

Bird Poo said:

People are keeping their cars longer. Thinking about investing in car parts suppliers. Any recommendations?

I have a small position in $AAP (Advance Auto Part) for the end use part of that idea.

Go to 34:38 of this with some insight

AAP took a 10% haircut this morning on earnings. I have a buy order in at just above 60, which looks to be good support.
Talon2DSO
AG
Might be a good entry for COIN here on this dip today
Heineken-Ashi
Reading a lot, especially in fundamental strongholds like seekingalpha, about how MRO is a discount option for acquiring COP. That they sold too low.

If that's true (and I would love if one of you O&G experts could confirm), then MRO should outpace COP as they move up with the price of oil until the sale is done or until it "catches up".

LMCane
Which do you prefer for a long term hold?

PPLT or PLTM

or both?
LMCane
I bought MRO like a year ago
emac0002
AG
Do or die. Sitting on 200 day.
Heineken-Ashi
LMCane said:

Which do you prefer for a long term hold?

PPLT or PLTM

or both?
Either should work. Roughly the same ROIC. PLTM has slightly smaller fee.

South Platte
flashplayer said:

He's always grumpy first thing in the morning. He has a bad habit of swan diving before trying to recover.
Heineken-Ashi
South Platte said:

flashplayer said:

He's always grumpy first thing in the morning. He has a bad habit of swan diving before trying to recover.

Above $2.75 and I'm still bullish for August.

Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
I bought some PLTM - small position
bmoochie
AG
Sold that LULU yesterday perfectly. Strong bounce today.
EnronAg
AG
ruh roh...big red candle after 1pm EST...must be more garbage treasury auction results...markets about to shrug it though, so no worries...
McInnis 03
AG
bmoochie said:

425pt initiated today
bmoochie
AG
McInnis 03 said:

bmoochie said:

425pt initiated today
Editing because I completely misread this. either that or I speak McInnis and just assumed 225 put initiated today? unless you are meaning something else?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Seeing a weird inverse correlation between BRK and the rest of the market as of late.
El_duderino
Was that intended for me?
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
It was just tagging along to your note that the market was down. Could have made a couple quick bucks buying crwd calls at open. I do want to short okta but think I'll sit on hands and see if it gives me a crwd entry
El_duderino
Gotcha. Wasn't able to log in until now. Sitting on my hands is pretty much what I do best these days anyways.
First Page Last Page
Page 6461 of 6616

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.