Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,992,552 Views | 231574 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by EliteZags
ProgN
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ragoo said:

Had a good couple of weeks trading. One poor trade today. All cash now. Wiring out and going to sit on it for a while. Probably be back in mid June.
South Platte
Took the wise advice on here and sold a bunch of stuff yesterday and this morning. Interesting day for sure. Most of the plays I still have are dividend stocks.
Heineken-Ashi
Weekly beer candle check.

SPX finished with red indecision bear candle. But it was preceded by a green indecision week. And this week finished lower without making a new high. Not good.

RUT followed last week's indecision with a firm downtrend red candle. VERY not good.

Dow similar to RUT.

NDX has been in indecision 5 of the last 6 weeks. Break down from this range is obviously bad.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
bhanacik
AG
I also had several support-based stops hit this week. Cash preservation mode right now. Make sure you have stops in place
NateDog
AG
Was trying the NOV play, but wondering if I should bail out Monday a.m. instead of waiting and possibly getting stopped out in the next week or two at 17. In at 19.45, closed at 19.63 today. Basis is a fair chunk of what I have allocated for trading on this thread's info, so selling would free up cash for other setups.

And Ashi, my SLV calls and XLF puts feel like pocket aces right now. Keep 'em coming!
jamey
AG
bhanacik said:

I also had several support-based stops hit this week. Cash preservation mode right now. Make sure you have stops in place

Thought about it but it seems like it would be pretty easy for the market to hit the stops and just bounce back up above my current average prices.

I'm just gonna ride out the storm

ARKG got so low I just bought more today. Eventually this sector and AI join forces imo. I've had this thought for decades and here we are
McInnis 03
AG
texagbeliever said:

XOM looking like it may have its first red week in 10. Worth noting XOM hit a new high today (maybe ATH at least in the past 3 years).

Last 2 times XOM set a new high, the following week it lost 10% 10/2/23 and 5/1/23

Next week's 115p closed at $.15/.18 there are not too many better lottos with that Iittle bit of history.

bmoochie
AG
I'm in. Might go 2 weeks out in case it's a little slow. But I like this a lot.
Heineken-Ashi
NateDog said:

Was trying the NOV play, but wondering if I should bail out Monday a.m. instead of waiting and possibly getting stopped out in the next week or two at 17. In at 19.45, closed at 19.63 today. Basis is a fair chunk of what I have allocated for trading on this thread's info, so selling would free up cash for other setups.

And Ashi, my SLV calls and XLF puts feel like pocket aces right now. Keep 'em coming!

I'm accumulating O&G and setting stops where if it breaks, it has room to run down. I'm very bullish energy but I'm just not convinced the big move is happening just yet. I could absolutely be wrong. This feels like the first move. Many haven't even gotten up off the floor yet, and some got a little far a little fast. The next couple of weeks feels like a consolidation period brewing for the really big move when crude gets to $100.

But like I said a couple days ago, you can't ignore the overbought and sell signals. I'm hoping for small retrace overall that allows me to accumulate. But I've started the accumulation in case it takes off.

You have to know where the bull markets are. An no, Jim Cramer won't help you find them until they are already rounding 2nd base. Right now, it's metals and energy. And commodities are threatening to start one.

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
lobwedgephil
Heineken-Ashi said:

Weekly beer candle check.

SPX finished with red indecision bear candle. But it was preceded by a green indecision week. And this week finished lower without making a new high. Not good.

RUT followed last week's indecision with a firm downtrend red candle. VERY not good.

Dow similar to RUT.

NDX has been in indecision 5 of the last 6 weeks. Break down from this range is obviously bad.
Love your candles for momentum. But prefer normal candles for longer term such as weekly, etc. Looks much worse on those. But also coming into one of the strongest seasonal weeks on the year. Will be interesting.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
I'm still bullish energy.

Driving season starts in May, some say June, doesn't matter MORE gasoline demand is coming.

Baker Hughes reported 506 Oil Rigs, down 2 from last week. US oil rigs oscillating between 494 and 510 for 30 weeks in a row. Dept of Interior just made it more expensive to drill on public lands. OPEC+ is practicing what they preach and staying steady with crude cuts and quotas. Russia running out of Western technology & parts to keep their energy infrastructure operating. Russia has lost upward of 40% of refining capacity, probably closer to 50%, but I don't think over 50%. Ukrainian drones taking out some energy/refining capacity too. BTW, SLB is still there servicing some Russian needs.

Whether my former posts regarding EIA and Crude Futures Shorting shenanigans were believed or not, the Shorting Entity in Futures has moved into the shadows for the most part, but appears in the market every now and then of late and wields power like no other to drive WTI down in price. Takes a $1.50 to $2 out of crude in generally 5 to 7 minutes with tens of thousands of contracts. That's not a Large Commercial or a Large Speculator. The Shorting Entity lost the narrative when Brent hit $87-ish and plowed forward through $89. There are more Doubting Thomas crude bulls moving in that need more proof of a tight S&D. They'll get it, no worries. Those Weekly Wednesday EIA numbers keep the bulls skittish because we are at record production,...sure we are. MSM does not want anything bullish energy in the headlines. Jerome doesn't need expensive energy because he is no longer able to use energy as a tool. JB needs a rate cut before Nov, but inflation would move up and energy would lead the way and Jerome knows this.

"A" world view on EIA and US crude:
"This is one trick the US Energy Information Administration (EIA) uses to halt any rise in oil prices. The minute oil prices start to trend upwards, the EIA immediately announces a build in US oil inventories." ~ Mamdouh Salameh .... Dr. Salameh's comment is spot on. EIA always has the crude oil "adjustment" (found barrels) in their back pocket. They also have Footnote #6 to their "Current Week" US domestic production "estimate" stating that the production number is just that.... an "estimate". At some point, EIA will be forced to drop their "estimate" to 13.0M bpd, then 12.9M bpd, etc....

Regarding XOM:
White Star Research has reviewed the impact of the PXD acquisition. This is the only research I have found related to share price post acquisition. The financial analysis forming the basis for White Star's price target is contained in this Feb 15 article.... "Exxon Mobil: Raising Price Target On Strong 2023 And Pioneer Deal" White Star's conclusions:

"Keeping my assumptions for oil prices at a reasonable $75/bbl Brent level, I adjust breakeven price projections in line with Exxon's latest corporate plan as of December 2023, now calling for $35/bbl to be reached by FY27 as opposed to the previously targeted $30/bbl. I also incorporate Pioneer's expected cash flows, which I estimate at $10bn p.a. by FY27 (consistent with a regression of CFO to Brent $/bbl for previous 12-month periods over the past 2 years) and expected merger synergies as lined out in my note on the deal. Capex is also adjusted upwards to reflect ~$4bn of annual Capex from Pioneer and a slight increase in Exxon's projected Capex levels."

"Using an unchanged cost of equity of 10% and an exit multiple of 7.0x Price/FCF (slightly below XOM L5Y average of ~8.4x), I calculate a total Equity Value of $722bn. Assuming a post-close share count of 4.56bn (3.97bn current and 0.59bn in additional shares to be issued) I derive a fair value per share of $158 for the consolidated entity, up 15% vs. my previous price target and implying 56% upside to current trading levels"

I've seen PT's as high as $160 and even one at $200, all without regard to PXD deal. I "may" start trimming at $132. Depends on how the PXD ends up. If I trim I still have a large position of XOM I'll retain Long Term. I am uber long XOM and PXD.

Hope some of this helps.

Have a great weekend.
ProgN

Keep your eye on the futures.

ETA: Strong possibility that China will move on Taiwan once they see our response.
El_duderino
Not futures, but BTC already down 7%
tremble
AG
Buying opportunities.
Heineken-Ashi
Been waiting on this. Even started doubting myself. Don't trade based on my timing. Just trying to keep it in the channel. Channels routinely shift more horizontal. But considering the halving is days away, this is more likely to be quick than long. $60k is my bare minimum expectation. $42k is line in the sand.

Brewmaster
AG
tremble said:

Buying opportunities.
BES is that you? lol

2 weeks until "stay away in May" and April was supposed to be a super bullish month (seasonally). Markets are holding on by a thread.
Chef Elko
AG
Anyone remember the portfolio strategy that used leveraged S&P and leveraged treasuries? I think S&P was 3x and treasuries 2x. I believe it was murdered during Covid and everyone forgot about it. I wanted to circle back to it

Edit - Found it, now I read
https://www.optimizedportfolio.com/hedgefundie-adventure/
BaylorSpineGuy
XXXX is a 4x leveraged ETN of SPX. Not sure about liquidity of the options but might be worth looking into on one of these next big red days.
ProgN
Futures open in under an hour.
ProgN
https://www.cnbc.com/2024/04/14/watch-cnbcs-sunday-livestream-on-the-iran-israel-conflict-jumping-oil-prices-and-market-selloff.html
Quote:

[The stream is slated to start at 6:00 p.m. ET. Please refresh the page if you do not see a player above at that time.]

CNBC's Sunday evening special livestream will prepare investors for the big week ahead amid a stock market selloff, an escalating Iran-Israel conflict and spiking oil prices.

sts7049
AG
and futures open green
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Did not expect futures to be up.
El_duderino

BayAg_14
War is bullish. Everyone knows that.
Heineken-Ashi
Friday ended oversold. Even if a deadcat bounce, sentiment needed a reset. And I've seen some calling for new ATH's and a blowoff top.

Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

Friday ended oversold. Even if a deadcat bounce, sentiment needed a reset. And I've seen some calling for new ATH's and a blowoff top.

Proof is in the pudding and the treasury is selling. People aren't fleeing to safe havens (just yet)
nortex97
AG
Really mixed mood from what I see. 5210-5260 or so will be key thresholds.
Bonfire.1996
The 10 year treasury cannot continue its rapid ascent without bad consequences. FOMO investor beware.
Brewmaster
AG
any of you flown international out of IAH lately?

trying to determine how early we need to be - headed to Paris for our 20th! sorry for the off topic!

flying Delta/ Air France out of terminal D
Heineken-Ashi
Brewmaster said:

trying to determine how early we need to be - headed to Paris for our 20th! sorry for the off topic!
Markets always sell off during vacations. My IWM and XLF puts thank you.

Ag13
AG
Stocks up, oil down, gold down

I'm sure everyone was predicting that this weekend ha
texagbeliever
AMD trading within that 162-164 pattern like yesterday. If, and big if, the market turns Red I could see AMD aiming for 150 since the last time it was between 150-161 was the week of 1/15/24 and that was the only week it was in that range.
Ragoo
AG
Brewmaster said:

you MUST go eat here. We loved the experience, food, price so much we went twice.

https://www.bouillon-chartier.com/en/the-concept/
gougler08
AG
Brewmaster said:

I flew out of Terminal D last week for a Domestic flight...security line was 5-10 min on a Wed morning and the lines for checked bags didn't look horrible.

That being said Terminal D sucks right now, if you're wanting to eat before the flight you'll probably want to budget time to walk over to Terminal E
ProgN
POWL

First Page Last Page
Page 6397 of 6617

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.