Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,988,169 Views | 231573 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Swollen Thumb
Heineken-Ashi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bmoochie said:

If you sold them today, I got them for a nice win. In and out
I did not. Was waiting for confirmation over $185.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
ROKU turning bullish if it finally closes above $67?
Aston04
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

M4 Benelli said:

M4 Benelli said:

M4 Benelli said:

nm

Aston04
AG
Aston04 said:

Aston04 said:

Posted this play before.. but back in.. Last time I got out during a runup following a buyout offer... Stock has slid back since...

Chek cap... (CHEK) Was a colon cancer research company. Research failed. Announced company for sale. First offer that was accepted was in exchange for stock of Keystone dental (private company) Eventually failed in December when activist investor research concluded wasn't a good valuation for shareholders... Several members of previous board thrown out in exchange for activist members..

With research shut down to nill last spring/summer - they have been conservatively burning 1 million dollars in cash per month (hopefully less monthly cash burn at this point-- last reported cash was as of September at 28 million). That would put them at 24 million in cash on hand for Feb-1 (no debt). Company currently valued at about 12 million.

There is also possible some IP and value associated with stock listing that could be harvested. Been trading at 2.07 to 2.25 range for a couple weeks. Feels to me manipulation by the activist investor to get more shares before sale. I've been buying at the low end of the range and holding for the runup I expect if/when the sale is announced.

As expected - made a deal... Merging..up to $2.75 today.. researching next move.
Nearing $3.00/share. Gonna take some profits and leave some to ride. Upside I believe is about $4 - $4.65 a share...
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Extremely odd 1m candles on Spy...
gougler08
AG
OXY just closed the $65 gap, going to peel back my position now and fully exit if it hits recent highs of $67
EnronAg
AG
just loading up for another ATH...with stupid quarter ending window dressing in the last 5 min
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

ROKU turning bullish if it finally closes above $67?
Someone seems determined to keep this in the same range. Just can't break through.
sts7049
AG
EnronAg said:

just loading up for another ATH...with stupid quarter ending window dressing in the last 5 min

dont worry, I'm sure there will be more for you to keep complaining about
EnronAg
AG
not complaining...I'm long across every account...just think the end of month action in the last 20-30 minutes is silly...and there will be a reckoning at some point for this historic run-up...not gonna mention when
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Not exactly meaningful then. Might happen in 2 years once we're at $7k...
EnronAg
AG
I think sts knows the timeframe I'm not mentioning...and I'm not exactly sure what I said in that post that upset him so much, but I'll leave it be and watch the action for the remaining 2 hours...
txaggie_08
AG
Everyone knows you're referencing the election. You've been on here every week talking about how everything is going to result in rockets to the moon and ATHs until the election, and then this thing craters.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Just curious, but why are folks expecting the election to tank stocks?

Tbh I've kinda been thinking the market rips with Trump being elected.
bmoochie
AG
Personally I think it's just acting as a catalyst. Doesn't matter which way the election goes, I think the reaction is tank. But again Ive thought we would tank for the last 5-6 months and I keep being wrong. So no sense trying to time it IMO. Just trade what's in front of
M4 Benelli
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I think it tanks due to optics. Orange man bad, see the stock market for proof! Liberals are a loonie lot.
gougler08
AG
M4 Benelli said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

I think it tanks due to optics. Orange man bad, see the stock market for proof! Liberals are a loonie lot.

Sell the news either way. Orange man bad or we're stuck with a vegetable for 4 more years
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Time to exit TSLA??
Heineken-Ashi
Aston04 said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

M4 Benelli said:

M4 Benelli said:

M4 Benelli said:

nm

Not sold yet. Too overlappy, but small sample size.

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
Heineken-Ashi
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I actually think the more likely scenario is that it tanks INTO the election and then starts a multi-year choppy bounce that would likely not get back to the high from this year. But A LOT can play out and nothing is set in stone. These types of things are like throwing jello for distance.

Heineken-Ashi
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Time to exit TSLA??
It still has potential for $190 as a diagonal. And I'm not willing to bail with this being end of quarter shenaningans. That said, below $173 and I will start to turn bearish thinking it's going to try for $150 with earnings coming up and likely not good sales numbers expected.

txaggie_08
AG
The action at the very end of the day all week has been wild.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Best quarter since 2019.
Heineken-Ashi
Here we go again.. I don't know how many times you have to be warned that the FED has no options.

Fed Reports Net Loss - Suspends Remittances To Treasury | Seeking Alpha

Quote:

As the Fed's operating losses accrue, the Deferred Asset account will only continue to grow for another two to three years.

When the Fed returns to profitability, the Net Income will be used to reduce the Deferred Asset Account. Only when the account turns positive will remittances to the Treasury resume.

Based on the Fed's projections, this will not occur until 2029, at the earliest. As a result, the Treasury will be without the Fed's contribution for at least six years, and will have to make up for this loss of income. This cost is ultimately paid for by the taxpayers.
Where does the treasury get the funds from when the FED has nothing to pay them with?

El_duderino
Do I need to be stacking cash and lead?
ProgN
Where in TF are our realtor guys?

Aren't they Red Pear Realty? I'm trying to promote them on a thread in F16.

Guess that's what I get for trying to be nice.
ProgN
Red Pear Luke (BCS) said:

Diggity said:

exp said:

BaylorSpineGuy said:

Generally suspicious of BTC. But that's my preference.

Don't like the idea of leveraging debt to buy a volatile/risk asset. Downside risk to the investor - I am not one and am a pleasant onlooker.

I believe Saylor holds the distinction of being first individual to lose $1B in a single day - heard/read that somewhere but can't recall exactly where.

I'm skeptical of the guy. Time will prove me right or wrong. But enjoying this one from the sidelines without a position in either direction.

It's important to study Bitcoin. Bitcoin is not a risk asset in the eyes of it's investors and holders. It's the safest asset on earth right now. Bitcoin ripping is a flight to safety.

****, I had to go back a week to find one of you guys, but I tried to plug your business. If what I posted isn't accurate, please let me know and I'll delete it.

Real estate agent wants you to pay it forward! - Page 9 | TexAgs
ravingfans
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

like throwing jello for distance.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
ProgN said:

Diggity said:

exp said:

BaylorSpineGuy said:

Don't like the idea of leveraging debt to buy a volatile/risk asset. Downside risk to the investor - I am not one and am a pleasant onlooker.

I believe Saylor holds the distinction of being first individual to lose $1B in a single day - heard/read that somewhere but can't recall exactly where.

I'm skeptical of the guy. Time will prove me right or wrong. But enjoying this one from the sidelines without a position in either direction.

It's important to study Bitcoin. Bitcoin is not a risk asset in the eyes of it's investors and holders. It's the safest asset on earth right now. Bitcoin ripping is a flight to safety.

****, I had to go back a week to find one of you guys, but I tried to plug your business. If what I posted isn't accurate, please let me know and I'll delete it.

But for real - it's spring selling season and I'm not saying we are on fire, but these deals aren't gonna get themselves listed and sold! I'll check out the thread and respond!
ProgN

ProgN said:

Diggity said:

exp said:

BaylorSpineGuy said:

But for real - it's spring selling season and I'm not saying we are on fire, but these deals aren't gonna get themselves listed and sold! I'll check out the thread and respond!
Good, and I saw your reply on the thread, BUTTTTT, 93Marinehorn is a conservative sip. That said, he's more like us than the what tu is today.
Brewmaster
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I went back and looked at some notable elections. The one that stood out to me the most was Carter, then succeeded by Reagan. This was also the only time period that comes close to printing money like we have been the last few years. I'm not trying to pick on Carter, Reagan spent a ton too. The market in '80 under Carter, ripped until Reagan took office in January of '81. It then sold off pretty hard for 18 months. Then it pulled back the fall of '87.
ProgN
ravingfans said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

like throwing jello for distance.

I guess dwarf tossing is now replaced with jello so no one gets offended.
Brewmaster
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Extremely odd 1m candles on Spy...
many stocks this week have exhibited crazy action... bullish, but premium burning galore. Look at AMD's multiple attempts to break out, met by shorts and CC sellers, keeping it pinned under 183. The blue arrows are "door knocks". Also on Monday you had heavy volume on the buy side. On top of this, rounded bottom, higher lows now.

SNOW chart is similar, but with stronger breakout attempt, with the top of this channel becoming support now. and volume flowing in yesterday at close.

Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
Is it worth it to go back and read the 9 pages?

Honestly, I'm burnt out talking about the whole 6% commish thing. Not because I don't care but literally no one can provide what the next steps looking to be.

It's all a crapshoot because DFW Realtors said "this is a tough day for us all", Houston Realtors said "this is exciting because it should help consumers be more active in understanding the real estate transactional process", not gonna talk about Austin's cause they aren't the best market right now.

We aren't dumb though and know the industry is gonna change. We are gonna roll with it and see what the changes bring - even if that means we split the $150.00 commission with the new changes. We just want our clients to feel like they got a fair shake with someone who cares and wasn't solely in it for the commission.
ProgN

Is it worth it to go back and read the 9 pages?

Honestly, I'm burnt out talking about the whole 6% commish thing. Not because I don't care but literally no one can provide what the next steps looking to be.

It's all a crapshoot because DFW Realtors said "this is a tough day for us all", Houston Realtors said "this is exciting because it should help consumers be more active in understanding the real estate transactional process", not gonna talk about Austin's cause they aren't the best market right now.

We aren't dumb though and know the industry is gonna change. We are gonna roll with it and see what the changes bring - even if that means we split the $150.00 commission with the new changes. We just want our clients to feel like they got a fair shake with someone who cares and wasn't solely in it for the commission.
No need, I vouched for you. He, and I, are respected on F16, unless you're a progressive. I was merely conveying that I trust you and Red Pear should he ever need a trustworthy realtor.
First Page Last Page
Page 6380 of 6617

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.