Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,996,407 Views | 231587 Replies | Last: 20 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
Heineken-Ashi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If we get OXY $62 I'm jumping out of the expiring calls as they will likely be 2x+. But I'm not exiting for less than $0.40 which is B/E for me.
ravingfans
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

ravingfans said:

anybody still in on the OXY March1 $61 calls?
Need a big day. Probably should have kicked these out to Mar 15.
last price I saw in Etrade is $.50 as OXY starts to move up.

IBKR is showing $.38 on 30 sec candles. Is there a delay somehow between the two platforms?
ravingfans
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

If we get OXY $62 I'm jumping out of the expiring calls as they will likely be 2x+. But I'm not exiting for less than $0.40 which is B/E for me.
I set a conditional stop at $62 with a limit of $1.75 for the call in case I'm in a meeting
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Brew i know you like megaphones. You see the one I'm looking at on spy that could take us to 516 in short order?
Heineken-Ashi
Metals are trying hard to confirm a bottom as in but still under some resistance levels on intraday candles. Added significantly to many positions over the last couple of weeks, and if we get another low I will add more.
Heineken-Ashi
Here we go OXY. Keep going.
Heineken-Ashi
Jumped out of OXY expiring calls at $0.52 for a 30% return. I still think it can finish the day higher, but I won't be able to pay attention much longer and didn't want to risk it.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Russell 2000 breaking through the channel it's been in since April 2022. A lot of room upwards from here.

Gonna be real interesting to see if it starts a real rally like the rest of the market has been in, as the breadth continues to widen.

For now I have a $40 stop on half my TNA shares and gonna hold the rest and continue to buy the dip back down to $35.
Brewmaster
AG
intraday? yeah nothing would surprise me any more. Although we're basically right back at resistance on the daily (that big channel going back to 2022). Bottom of that channel is 470 ish.
Heineken-Ashi
Energy popping. Metals popping. Equities making new ATH's every week.

Just letting yall know, if metals and energy continue, those are big signs of a potential reversal in equities. I'd start trailing up stops and at least consider what your risk management strategy is on all positions.
nortex97
AG
Hundred percent true. I think there are reports of big institutional investors moving to mining/out of stocks too.
M4 Benelli
M4 Benelli said:

M4 Benelli said:

Everyone keep an eye on AEHR. 52 wk low, circling the drain. This thing rockets off good news, with a high over 50. Can easily see it hit the median in short order off decent news. Everything is frothy, so it would be a set and forget, toe in the water entry. With that being said they offer a unique business that has been expanding. Fwiw

Big day on no news, grab your rocket packs.

Heini mind doing your thing with this ticker?

Looks like AEHR shipped to Intel who makes photonic wafers (lasers on silicon).

The fact its not a new customer makes this relatively insignificant, but its a good reminder that AEHR and wafer level burn in isn't just for SiC or GaN. As photonics get more use globally (going to be a big thing in AI data centers in the future) more burning in going to happen. This bodes well for AEHR and their niche business model.

Up 10 percent on the day. If history repeats itself this one can easily take us to Valhalla.

EnronAg
AG
are we going to rip into close??? this market just seems unstoppable until a major negative catalyst that won't occur until election time.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Lfg
Riding a couple xsp calls since the opening dip, planning to trim at spy 514.5 if we get there
Brewmaster
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

Just letting yall know, if metals and energy continue, those are big signs of a potential reversal in equities. I'd start trailing up stops and at least consider what your risk management strategy is on all positions.
Fear and Greed indcator has entered Extreme Greed territory, at 77 at the moment.

Heineken do you have any metals plays in mind? I remember FSM and GOLD, both are near 18 month or so lows, but lots of buyers today.
EnronAg
AG
sts7049 said:

so, would it be crazy to buy put leaps on NVDA?
how much are your puts worth?
nortex97
AG
Spirit aerosystems might get bought by Boeing. Up 14 or so percent. $SPR

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/03/01/spirit-aerosystems-boeing.html

I would expect this not to be announced today and it will probably drop some I'd guess this afternoon/Monday. It makes sense though.
ravingfans
AG
nortex97 said:

I would expect this not to be announced today and it will probably drop some I'd guess this afternoon/Monday. It makes sense though.
Probably good for Spirit, but bad for Boeing? Spirit was the Boeing spinoff that made the plug that blew out a month or so ago.

Should we short Boeing and buy calls on Spirit?
Heineken-Ashi
Brewmaster said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

Fear and Greed indcator has entered Extreme Greed territory, at 77 at the moment.

Heineken do you have any metals plays in mind? I remember FSM and GOLD, both are near 18 month or so lows, but lots of buyers today.
All of them.

GLD, RGLD, NEM, GDX, GOLD, AEM, SLV, FSM, SAND, HMY, EGO, AG, CDE, FTCO, WPM, KGC, SA, AGI, PAAS, and plenty more.
Heineken-Ashi
Draw a channel on SPX from the October 2022 low to the October 2023 low and then put the upper channel line on the 12/1/22 top. We are now touching or slightly through the top of the channel again.

Just saying..
Brewmaster
AG
anyone here have a way to see darkpool buys?

on MARA at 10:23 am today I see 10.5M shares traded, I can't tell if it's a buy or a sell though.
EnronAg
AG
we blow thru the lower channel line in mid to late Nov
ravingfans
AG
ravingfans said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

I set a conditional stop at $62 with a limit of $1.75 for the call in case I'm in a meeting

Ran out of time--The Rib wants to go vote and get some Tex-Mex. Sold my calls @ $.35 for an $85 profit. Started off the day thinking I would be $200 or so in the hole, so a net $285 gain today by that logic? Woohoo!

Was really looking forward to seeing it run up to $2, but there is always next week...
nortex97
AG
ravingfans said:

nortex97 said:

Probably good for Spirit, but bad for Boeing? Spirit was the Boeing spinoff that made the plug that blew out a month or so ago.

I dunno. Spirit is a big outfit, and airbus' largest structures supplier too. It could move the needle on spirit quickly if it does happen is all, imho. Just keeping my eye on it. Spirit has problems too, fwiw.
I bleed maroon
AG
nortex97 said:

ravingfans said:

nortex97 said:

I dunno. Spirit is a big outfit, and airbus' largest structures supplier too. It could move the needle on spirit quickly if it does happen is all, imho. Just keeping my eye on it. Spirit has problems too, fwiw.
Yes - I would imagine the pending or potential litigation haircut would be quite large on this proposed transaction. Might indeed result in a lower than current market price deal.

I'd avoid it altogether.
giddings_ag_06
AG
ravingfans said:

ravingfans said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

Ran out of time--The Rib wants to go vote and get some Tex-Mex. Sold my calls @ $.35 for an $85 profit. Started off the day thinking I would be $200 or so in the hole, so a net $285 gain today by that logic? Woohoo!

Was really looking forward to seeing it run up to $2, but there is always next week...

The ol "I spent $500 at the mall, but since I had coupons I actually saved $200" defense. Nice job on the gain.
nortex97
AG
Brewmaster said:

anyone here have a way to see darkpool buys?

on MARA at 10:23 am today I see 10.5M shares traded, I can't tell if it's a buy or a sell though.
Well, someone bought and someone sold.

Brewmaster
AG
Heineken-Ashi
ravingfans said:

ravingfans said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

Ya, didn't give us enough time. Sorry for that. The move was setting up a lot quicker before the chop happened.

Oh well. On to the next one.
Heineken-Ashi
XLRE Mar 15 $39 calls - grinding up. Now $0.85. Bought in at $0.32, sold half at $0.71. Ultimate target is XLRE $41 or $2.00 per contract. 15 days to get there.

sts7049
AG
EnronAg said:

sts7049 said:

so, would it be crazy to buy put leaps on NVDA?
how much are your puts worth?

hopefully enough to get you to not make every post about the election
trip98
AG
time to buy some $VIX $20 calls out in May???
JobSecurity
AG
Anybody have the link to OAs group handy? Thinking about giving it a shot. Can pm me if it's uncouth to post
Heineken-Ashi
trip98 said:

time to buy some $VIX $20 calls out in May???

VXX will pay more and not cost as much.
McInnis 03
AG
JobSecurity said:

Anybody have the link to OAs group handy? Thinking about giving it a shot. Can pm me if it's uncouth to post
I've been watching OA for a long time now and as someone who JUST got in on his free trial (he offered on his twitter earlier this week,check it out), watching him talk through EVERYTHING is 10x better and clearer than him coming here to post a snippet or two. You just can't get the full picture from in here when he's on here because he simply doesn't have the time or ability to get all the detail into a TA post vs talking through the actions live.
First Page Last Page
Page 6345 of 6617

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.